New Football Jersey Not Yet For Sale | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Football Jersey Not Yet For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a bad look... simple jersey but love the fact they still use the same font... Love that National Flag blue

42540.0023-2.jpg

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The white helmet, Husky logo, and blue facemask looks really sharp.

Give me that helmet, blue tops and white pants and it's a great set.

Proverbial throw in a B1G patch too.

Yes.

Blue jersey, white pants ... Classy.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball jerseys have pretty much always had red as a secondary color, and football tended to use more gray. I'm sure that in re-branding UConn wanted to standardize a single logo across the board as well as a single color scheme. Because of that, less gray and more red for UConn football. I do agree, though, that the new unis went a bit heavy on the red.
Revisionist history. During the Skip Holtz years, red accents were prominent. It was Randy who made the decision to chenge from red to gray accents. FWIW, I fervently wish that UConn would ditch the white helmets & go back to N.F. Blue permanently. We are not Penn State, & we shouldn't try to imitate PSU on fashion design. Blue is MUCH more classy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Revisionist history. During the Skip Holtz years, red accents were prominent. It was Randy who made the decision to chenge from red to gray accents. FWIW, I fervently wish that UConn would ditch the white helmets & go back to N.F. Blue permanently. We are not Penn State, & we shouldn't try to imitate PSU on fashion design. Blue is MUCH more classy.
Agree generally Coach, I but like the white helmet in this design much better.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
1) national flag blue helmet
2) national flag blue jersey
3) white pants
4) white shoes

Classy.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'd like to see the new helmet for sale. There's a sports store near me that just got the "new" (2013) helmets in.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Think you're right about that - last year someone posted this other replica mini that looked to be just for merchandising purposes.

(I actually like the Schutt versions better than the real gameday ones. They look clean and sharp.)

thumb.aspx
That is a really weird shape for a helmet. Looks like a Beluga whale.

Reaction Score
yes we had red in the uniform back then, but for years we did not... If anybody was up in Storrs when I was ( Fall '88 thru Spring '93 ) you know what I mean... at times when I was there we didn't actually use National Flag Blue in our uni's...

Back to the red in the uni comment.. the red was prominent in the unis during the Skip Holtz days, but not that prominent... not like those ridiculously over the top red face masks on these new unis.. It's just too much IMO... 1) We're not the New England Patriots 2) When we bleed we bleed Husky Blue, NOT Rutgers red....

I'm done....

Reaction Score
At this point, I don't care what the uniforms look like (although these new ones are growing on me). As long as we're winning, we can be wearing fishnets.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nice. Expensive though. Never a white jersey available. One number.
Bush League.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
they had 2 versions at the alumni event in Stamford that Diaco attended. here's a close up of the helmet with the navy face mask.

That helmet is badass!!!

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Interesting choice of number ...... maybe Kemba, KFree or Johnny Gwynn still have football eligibility?

How many true sophomore DE's #s are on D1 jersey's this year? I am now expecting double digit sacks from Luke Carrezola.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting choice of number . maybe Kemba, KFree or Johnny Gwynn still have football eligibility?

How many true sophomore DE's #s are on D1 jersey's this year? I am now expecting double digit sacks from Luke Carrezola.

UConnTrademarkJul 19, 9:35am via Twitter for Android
It is the 2015 season. That is the number representation.

A lot of schools are going w/ generic numbers post O'Bannon (not that there aren't exceptions).

I sure wouldn't mind double digit sacks from LC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom