New Field Design | The Boneyard

New Field Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We could keep the block C in the state outline at midfield and I wouldn't mind.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Love the design ... state outline, American flag, and block “C”.

Incredible!

That’s a change I would have made 15 years ago if I was in the athletic dept.

I think the ship is finally turning around, away from the iceberg.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The flag is a symbol of “oppression”. Ha!
I'm offended that the American flag is constrained within the symbolic boundaries of a mere state, implying that state power, autonomy, and interest supersedes that of the all-powerful, all-knowing Federal Government. Central Planning FOREVER!!

Seriously though, flocking awesome.

Can't wait until that AAC crap is gone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But red isn’t one of our colors.
Thinking this too. HCRE changes the design to blue stripes for next week?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm offended that the American flag is constrained within the symbolic boundaries of a mere state, implying that state power, autonomy, and interest supersedes that of the all-powerful, all-knowing Federal Government. Central Planning FOREVER!!

Seriously though, flocking awesome.

Can't wait until that AAC crap is gone.
It sucked being in a conference rated higher than the ACC and PAC in some polls.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
It sucked being in a conference rated higher than the ACC and PAC in some polls.
...and payed us jack squat. Sure. Its a great conference if you're from below the 37th parallel.

Reaction Score
At the risk of being that guy to me this is kind of a silly field design. Faux patriotism drives me crazy. Honestly this looks like something they’d put at midfield of a Texas high school game. The State outline with the Block C is fine. The red white and blue in this setting is kind of cheesy. Never understood why it is ok to tear up a painted flag on the field but if someone threw a real one down and rolled in the mud we would all be ticked off. I feel the same about flags on the uniforms. Military personnel, sure. Athletic teams? Not so much. And violative of the standards for respecting the flag in my view. See the US Flag Code. While only advisory it does set out certain standards like who should wear flag patches and how it should be used. (Hint: not football teams and not as field decorations).

Reaction Score
At the risk of being that guy to me this is kind of a silly field design. Faux patriotism drives me crazy. Honestly this looks like something they’d put at midfield of a Texas high school game. The State outline with the Block C is fine. The red white and blue in this setting is kind of cheesy. Never understood why it is ok to tear up a painted flag on the field but if someone threw a real one down and rolled in the mud we would all be ticked off. I feel the same about flags on the uniforms. Military personnel, sure. Athletic teams? Not so much. And violative of the standards for respecting the flag in my view. See the US Flag Code. While only advisory it does set out certain standards like who should wear flag patches and how it should be used. (Hint: not football teams and not as field decorations).
Are you really suggesting people look at the US Flag code because of a field design that in no way replicates a US Flag.
Way to go big fella! You just became that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom