New Favorite College Player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Favorite College Player

Reaction Score
We were a favorite of precious early in his recruitment but the longer it went on the more we knew that he wasn’t coming here, if I’m not mistaken Kofi was our main target and the Illini weren’t even considered a threat for his signature until O. Antigua did what any Calimari disciple would do, i still think kofi should be a husky and would have been ??‍♂️

Reaction Score
Cool guy to root for but wow. These fouls. Definitely getting his hacks in!

Had on off day on Feb 13th though. Love was in the air before Valentines day.

DATEPF
25-Nov5
28-Nov5
30-Nov2
4-Dec4
7-Dec3
12-Dec4
17-Dec1
19-Dec2
10-Jan1
16-Jan3
19-Jan3
21-Jan4
23-Jan4
25-Jan3
13-Feb0
16-Feb4
18-Feb2
20-Feb4
25-Feb4
27-Feb5
Yikes! I happy with Sanogo so not worried about losing out on Cockburn.

Reaction Score
We were a favorite of precious early in his recruitment but the longer it went on the more we knew that he wasn’t coming here, if I’m not mistaken Kofi was our main target and the Illini weren’t even considered a threat for his signature until O. Antigua did what any Calimari disciple would do, i still think kofi should be a husky and would have been ??‍♂️
From what I heard Kofi told Hurley he was going to UConn. Kofi still wanted to take his other visit to Illinois and he committed right away to them when he got to campus, heard it was shady.

Yep, the ship sailed on Achiuwa the longer it went on.

Reaction Score
Every time Sanogo shows off his footwork I like to think about how, 30 years ago, he would have NBA scouts drooling over his size and potential. Not that weren’t not excited for his progression, but the traditional big man, save for the outlier freaks like Drummond, have gone the way of the gaucho
I was thinking the other day that Sanogo is here for 4 years and we're lucky for that. At his size, he needs to work on his handle and on anything outside the paint and that'll take time if he wants to get to the next level.

Reaction Score

Sanogo is going to be really good. His low posts moves are uncanny. If he puts on his strength and muscle, I see him being an Al Jefferson type of player.

Reaction Score
Speaking of favorite players, anyone check this sophomore (Kofi Cockburn) out yet? Was peeking at their game and he takes up the whole TV screen.

7' 285lbs! How the hell do you create someone like this?

View attachment 65093
To Minnesota Dude:
Good luck getting that rebound. :)
Looks like A Man Among Boys.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
On another similar note, if you watch Omoruyi play we’re lucky we missed on him and got Adama instead.
Not that he won’t eventually be able to be a good player but he’s very raw right now. And Adamas already one of the better offensive bigs in the BE.

Reaction Score
How O. Antigua has been busted for criminal and corrupt recruitment practices is unbelievable. The ENTIRE BASKETBALL RECRUITING WORLD knows what he does. It's a secret to absolutely no one.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is going to be really good. His low posts moves are uncanny. If he puts on his strength and muscle, I see him being an Al Jefferson type of player.

Sanogo is smaller and doesnt have as good a set of hands as Jefferson. I dont see him being that good a pro but its possible.

Reaction Score
How O. Antigua has been busted for criminal and corrupt recruitment practices is unbelievable. The ENTIRE BASKETBALL RECRUITING WORLD knows what he does. It's a secret to absolutely no one.
Agreed man it’s really mind blowing

Reaction Score
From what I heard Kofi told Hurley he was going to UConn. Kofi still wanted to take his other visit to Illinois and he committed right away to them when he got to campus, heard it was shady.

Yep, the ship sailed on Achiuwa the longer it went on.
Yea I heard something similar as well.. maybe even a silent commit.. ahhh the joy of shady recruitments LOL

Reaction Score
I was thinking the other day that Sanogo is here for 4 years and we're lucky for that. At his size, he needs to work on his handle and on anything outside the paint and that'll take time if he wants to get to the next level.
I think this is an interesting discussion and I'm not sure where I fall. I hope he stays all 4 years because he's going to absolutely dominate in college, but it wouldn't shock me if after his sophomore or junior season he were to declare. His NBA potential isn't going to increase by coming back so I wonder if he wants to start making money earlier

Reaction Score
I think this is an interesting discussion and I'm not sure where I fall. I hope he stays all 4 years because he's going to absolutely dominate in college, but it wouldn't shock me if after his sophomore or junior season he were to declare. His NBA potential isn't going to increase by coming back so I wonder if he wants to start making money earlier
Yea I’ll definitely expect him to at least test the waters after that 3rd year..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Honestly I’m not sure what Dan was thinking. He’s a beast mode guy, but he would be a lot worse than Sanogo running Hurley’s hard hedge defense. Dan would definitely need to sit him when St, John’s goes small.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom