"New England's Team?" How much weight does UConn carry in the region? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

"New England's Team?" How much weight does UConn carry in the region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oh I forgot we were discussing wins now when the original discussion was over travelling to the friggin' Garden.

Keep moving them goal posts.

Putting 9,000 people in the Garden ten years ago doesn't win you a gold star, sport. Two nights prior, you had about half that for Iowa State.

Reaction Score
I have no disrespect for your great football program,but in the Northeast the ACC is considered a basketball league. When college football comes to mind it's the a B1G or SEC that people think of. Plus the ACC is the league that destroyed the big east.
The regions chief contribution to big time sports.
Southerners are not the only ones with long memories.
Also Most of your schools have little northeast traction.
BC even with their good ACC teams didn't raise a heartbeat because of that.
For some reason Midwest schools don't have that same problem.
I love rivalry games ,the high schools were I come from have played each other for well over 100 years. Having played in a few of those games,I can vouch for the fact that there is a special feeling that goes with being a part of a tradition.

No problemo...FSU, Clemson, Miami, and VT folks consider the ACC a basketball league as well....and most FSU guys see FSU as a quasi SEC program. We FSU folks, as a bunch, are fans of our program and not conference fans per se. Having both Georgia and Alabama border our neck of North Florida (we are never more then 50 miles from one of their borders in the 400 mile stretch of North Florida), makes us attuned to SEC football.

Yep...our high schools have played together a long time...maybe not 100 years (although I played at my HS 50 years ago and the city rivalries went back another 30 years).

Reaction Score
No problemo...FSU, Clemson, Miami, and VT folks consider the ACC a basketball league as well....and most FSU guys see FSU as a quasi SEC program. We FSU folks, as a bunch, are fans of our program and not conference fans per se. Having both Georgia and Alabama border our neck of North Florida (we are never more then 50 miles from one of their borders in the 400 mile stretch of North Florida), makes us attuned to SEC football.

Yep...our high schools have played together a long time...maybe not 100 years (although I played at my HS 50 years ago and the city rivalries went back another 30 years).

FSU doesn't really fit ACC. Clemson wishes they could be FSU, for some reason ESPN always hypes those cats at early part of every season. It is SOOOO annoying, I would rather watch baseball highlights.

Virginia Tech? Been a looooong time since Michael Vick, they've been trading on that one for too long. Miami? It's now just UNC South except it's a private school and nobody goes to their games. ACC Football is by and large a made for TV commodity that ESPN created.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Boston College .... They manage to constantly step on their Johnson and so now they are what they are..
Can we find a different image? Now the BCU folks will be telling everyone that UConn fans think they have big Johnsons. Could we say they constantly find a way to pee on the inside of their pants? I know it's not the commonly used phrase, but I don't want to give them any reason to feel good about themselves.

Reaction Score
FSU doesn't really fit ACC. Clemson wishes they could be FSU, for some reason ESPN always hypes those cats at early part of every season. It is SOOOO annoying, I would rather watch baseball highlights.

Virginia Tech? Been a looooong time since Michael Vick, they've been trading on that one for too long. Miami? It's now just UNC South except it's a private school and nobody goes to their games. ACC Football is by and large a made for TV commodity that ESPN created.
And what about the other sports teams, such as baseball, soccer, etc, that have benefitted from the association with the ACC? College sports would be boring if it is just football and basketball.

Reaction Score
Can we find a different image? Now the BCU folks will be telling everyone that UConn fans think they have big Johnsons. Could we say they constantly find a way to pee on the inside of their pants? I know it's not the commonly used phrase, but I don't want to give them any reason to feel good about themselves.

How about we just say they have very short legs?

Reaction Score
And what about the other sports teams, such as baseball, soccer, etc, that have benefitted from the association with the ACC? College sports would be boring if it is just football and basketball.

99% of us aren't aware there are college sports other than football and basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom