New Devin Robinson Mixtape | The Boneyard

New Devin Robinson Mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
compared to the first mixtape we saw of Devin he is starting to really show some confidence and swag in his game. obviously me saying that from watching some mixtapes is a stretch but that was my initial take away from this latest tape. thanks for posting.

Reaction Score
His ceiling is really high. I hope he is a priority!

Reaction Score
If him and dham are running the wings like gazelles I could care less what bigs we have. I'm starting to like this kid a lot. crazy upside.

Reaction Score
I know I'm probably alone on this but I actually favor him over Abu

Reaction Score
Ur not. I said that awhile ago and got killed.

Must have missed that thread, I would've had to dive in that foxhole with you. Robinson just seems like he has a crazy upside, you can from his vids that he's still getting used to his body since he just grew about 3”. I think once he puts it all together he's gonna be a beast.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know I'm probably alone on this but I actually favor him over Abu
i honestly think abu is overrated. would love to land either though, but would prefer DR

Reaction Score
I want both of them but want Devin Robinson the most. Love the kids personality and game. He is a good kid with great upside and I think we are #1 for him. We were the first major school recruiting him and I think that means a lot to Robinson.

Reaction Score
He needs to commit to UConn. Purvis, Calhoun, D-Ham, Robinson and Brimah/Nolan. I'm good with it.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He needs to commit to UConn. Purvis, Calhoun, D-Ham, Robinson and Brimah/Nolan. I'm good with it.

Not sure I'd have him playing 4. He's 170 now. Very small chance he gets up to even 200 by the time he gets to college. That's why I'd personally rather have AMA, who is already 230. Building a team isn't about just grabbing kids with the highest upside. I think if we missed out on DH, DR would be the next best fit on the wing. If we do get DR (and I hope we do), I hope KO still goes after a true 4

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does he look and play like Jeremy Lamb?

Eh, he's got the long limbs like Lamb but other than the 3 point shot I don't see the similarities in their games, Jeremy was much better off the dribble(which he should be since he's a SG). Robinson is much more of a high riser/dunker and has a defensive presence inside with his ability to block shots.

Reaction Score
He's pretty much the same player as DeAndre Daniels. If Daniels can play (and thrive) as a face-up four, so can this kid.

Every minute that Daniels plays the three (which was a grand total of zero last year and will be zero again this year) is a minute that either Napier, Boatright, or Calhoun is on the bench. If we get Robinson, every minute we play him at the three is a minute that either Purvis (or another PG), Calhoun, or Hamilton is on the bench.

Robinson is 6'8'' and is 15 months away from playing his first college game. Whatever school he goes to, he's going to thrive as a face-up four man.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He's pretty much the same player as DeAndre Daniels. If Daniels can play (and thrive) as a face-up four, so can this kid.

Every minute that Daniels plays the three (which was a grand total of zero last year and will be zero again this year) is a minute that either Napier, Boatright, or Calhoun is on the bench. If we get Robinson, every minute we play him at the three is a minute that either Purvis (or another PG), Calhoun, or Hamilton is on the bench.

Robinson is 6'8'' and is 15 months away from playing his first college game. Whatever school he goes to, he's going to thrive as a face-up four man.

I get this and what I'm saying is that I'd take the 60 lbs AMA has over the unpredictable possibility that DR can thrive (based only off of what DD has done, at that) playing against kids who are 60 lbs heavier in a position where weight matters. You ever engage in any sport against a capable player who has 50+ pounds on you? Our back court and wing positions are set for the next couple years. One main thing that has yet to be improved is rebounding. You know AMA can make a big impact on that part of our game the day he steps on campus. 170 lbs tells me DR is going to be bullied around a lot in college. I don't need to remind you that we were bullied around on defense and the glass all last year, while DD was at the 4.

Reaction Score
I get this and what I'm saying is that I'd take the 60 lbs AMA has over the unpredictable possibility that DR can thrive (based only off of what DD has done, at that) playing against kids who are 60 lbs heavier in a position where weight matters. You ever engage in any sport against a capable player who has 50+ pounds on you? Our back court and wing positions are set for the next couple years. One main thing that has yet to be improved is rebounding. You know AMA can make a big impact on that part of our game the day he steps on campus. 170 lbs tells me DR is going to be bullied around a lot in college. I don't need to remind you that we were bullied around on defense and the glass all last year, while DD was at the 4.

That "bullying" had alot more to do with what we lacked at the 5 spot than playng DeAndre at the 4. When your starting C is getting outrebounded by your 6'1" and 5'10" PGs, that is a problem. Also, Robinson has even said himself that schools are recruiting him as a wing/stretch 4, so him playing 4 isn't something that would be unique to UConn.

Reaction Score
He looks like he's still growing and filling into his body. He could come here 6'10 200 +. if you have three players over 6'8 starting that's outstanding size in college. Jeremy has a lengthy wingspan that's about all I see in common.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Also, Robinson has even said himself that schools are recruiting him as a wing/stretch 4, so him playing 4 isn't something that would be unique to UConn.

I get that he CAN play the 4 and that he MIGHT put on some more weight, but we are holding him next to AMA, who is clearly already built to play the kind of 4 we need: someone who can make am immediate impact on rebounding.

Reaction Score

Listen I want both of these guys. But we should be thrilled with either of them. And for the record, there's no way that Devin Robinson is actually 170 pounds. Most places list him at 180 and 15 months from now he'll obviously be even more than that.

But I can't agree with you when you say that Robinson thriving at the four is a hypothetical based purely on DeAndre Daniels. It's not like Ollie has started a new trend, there are guys like Daniels playing the four all over the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom