New Defensive Coordinator Candidate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Defensive Coordinator Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thanks mr. Credibility.

Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I very well could be mixing up users) but weren't you one of the last defenders of the P era on the Boneyard?

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I very well could be mixing up users) but weren't you one of the last defenders of the P era on the Boneyard?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

OMGLMFAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reaction Score

You know up until this point, your posts have been a lot like Edsall; mediocre and underwhelming, but this actually made me laugh, good job.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know up until this point, your posts have been a lot like Edsall; mediocre and underwhelming, but this actually made me laugh, good job.

The last four seasons of the Edsall era were 8 wins every season and 2 conference co-championships.

That's what you call mediocre and underwhelming?

Reaction Score
Do you guys on here still want to debate that Randy didn't do an excellent job here?

You destroy any shred of credibility you have by trying to downplay his accomplishments.

I think we all wanted to be a top 25 program, and while we weren't there yet, going bowling and winning conference titles were nice high water marks along the way.

I would say that 75% of the board wanted him gone after we lost to Rutgers in 2010. There were numerous posts and threads calling for his head. He did a good job of turning it around from there thanks to a very weak schedule. His tenure is looked at as better than it was IMO because P was just that bad.

He was a good coach, but no, I don't think that he was excellent. Not at all.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Ha. That's pretty funny. Zoo was against P from the get.

I will give you that it is difficult to keep people straight though, so it is hardly an issue that you might mistake anyone. It's just funny who you mistook.

Reaction Score
Ha. That's pretty funny. Zoo was against P from the get.

I will give you that it is difficult to keep people straight though, so it is hardly an issue that you might mistake anyone. It's just funny who you mistook.

Pasqualoni supporters should have to wear a badge of shame here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni supporters should have to wear a badge of shame here.

I definitely mistook you... maybe sdhusky?

In any event, Randy took us from nothing to something. I was happy where he had us but not content that was our pinnacle.

In any event, merry Xmas to the yard.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You have to be joking right? Edsall at his best went 8-4 and got killed in the Fiesta Bowl after winning a laughable Big East 3 way tie. Couldn't get the upper echelon of CT high school talent to commit on a regular basis. He left the next head coach with a walk on QB, a freshmen running back that would, at the time, be better suited for corner or anything other than starting tailback. Plus..... he walked out knowing the offensive line was going to be in shambles. Weak receivers, the list goes on and on. Edsall is currently getting the dividends of what is commonly known as " What goes around, comes around". Karma is bitin' ya in the ass Edsall.. so go dream about that!! Think about it every time you hop onto a plane you L-o-s-e-r!!

No need to be a jerk. Some just have a better opinion of FHCRE. While his leaving was less than perfect, I appreciate his building the team up. His job was pretty damn good considering where the program was at the time.

Reaction Score
So excited that the useless, whiny, loudmouth Hank Hughes is no longer part of the program.

Reaction Score
Am I the only guy left on the BY who doesn't want to talk about P or Edsall anymore?

I am just glad we got the guy who appears at least to embody the potential and the trajectory this thing ought to going in. I am not someone who defines success as having a guy that comes in and finishes his career here. Good coaches have made stops in places, done great things and moved on throughout the history of college sports.

Reaction Score
So excited that the useless, whiny, loudmouth Hank Hughes is no longer part of the program.

I get useless, but was not aware of whiny and loudmouth. It seemed to me that on camera he was in need of a personality. Might you be family of a player?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:
I would say that 75% of the board wanted him gone after we lost to Rutgers in 2010. There were numerous posts and threads calling for his head. He did a good job of turning it around from there thanks to a very weak schedule. His tenure is looked at as better than it was IMO because P was just that bad.

He was a good coach, but no, I don't think that he was excellent. Not at all.

That 75% would have been correct to question him at the time because the team was clearly under performing. The difference is RE turned it around after UL (another horrible loss to go with equally horrible loss to Temple and losing a winnable game at Michigan).

But, he then beat the top 5 other teams in the BE and went to a BCS bowl game. P wouldn't and didn't come close to that. It's also not a given that BD matches that either.

RE's time had come because he didn't want to be here. Hate him for that, not because of his record.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Am I the only guy left on the BY who doesn't want to talk about P or Edsall anymore?
We've just now finally had a decent AO dry streak on the bball forum, although we're still talking about Roscoe. They were just players. These are coaches. No matter how well Coach Diaco turns out, the discussions will never end.

Sad as it is, there are people on this forum who cannot move on, who also, evidently, don't want others to move on either.

Reaction Score
That 75% would have been correct to question him at the time because the team was clearly under performing. The difference is RE turned it around after UL (another horrible loss to go with equally horrible loss to Temple and losing a winnable game at Michigan).

But, he then beat the top 5 other teams in the BE and went to a BCS bowl game. P wouldn't and didn't come close to that. It's also not a given that BD matches that either.

RE's time had come because he didn't want to be here. Hate him for that, not because of his record.

Obviously Edsall was a better coach here than Pasqualoni. But he finished in the top half of the Big East twice in his entire career. And we all know that the Big East wasn't a good conference. Yes, it wasn't as bad as many pundits made it out to be, but it wasn't that good either.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:
Obviously Edsall was a better coach here than Pasqualoni. But he finished in the top half of the Big East twice in his entire career. And we all know that the Big East wasn't a good conference. Yes, it wasn't as bad as many pundits made it out to be, but it wasn't that good either.

Trailers (it's obligatory) RE's first full D-1 recruiting class graduated in 2007. His record from 2007-2010 was pretty good. Not great but pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate