New Defensive Coordinator Candidate | The Boneyard

New Defensive Coordinator Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Could FHCRE be a candidate for our vacant DC job?

Maryland:
Amidst a report from Maryland's Rivals site that the school could buy out the rest of Randy Edsall's contract if they lose to Marshall, athletic director Kevin Anderson told the team it is not true, according to the Baltimore Sun.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Edsall has the Terps set up for years of 6 and 7 win seasons. That got him laurels from the Connecticut press and fan base. It gets him roasted on sports radio in DC.

You would know better than I, but does Maryland football even register on sports radio in DC?

Reaction Score
Va. Tech. is D.C.'s team in football & a distant 2nd to the Redskins.

Reaction Score
You would know better than I, but does Maryland football even register on sports radio in DC?

Don't know about radio but given that he takes a regular beating from author John Feinstein in the WASHINGTON POST, I would surmise Palatine is on the right track.

Reaction Score
Having FHCRE back would be great because it would give Des something to whine about. Can't wait until Des starts whining about HCBD about some perceived slight.

Reaction Score

Maryland gets some play, they are by far the most covered college team, which means they are way down the pecking order after the skins, caps, wizards, nats. Gary Willliams has an irregular spot with one of the stations. Edsall gets air time during the season. When Maryland football comes up, Edsall gets killed by both the callers and announcers.

Reaction Score
Maryland gets some play, they are by far the most covered college team, which means they are way down the pecking order after the skins, caps, wizards, nats. Gary Willliams has an irregular spot with one of the stations. Edsall gets air time during the season. When Maryland football comes up, Edsall gets killed by both the callers and announcers.
Guess things are different when you coach a team where fans are "allowed" to have expectations.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

LOL. After he started 6-0 I was hearing how wonderful he was and how he turned the team around. Fail.

Maybe he can recruit another linebacker to play QB.

Reaction Score
Having FHCRE back would be great because it would give Des something to whine about. Can't wait until Des starts whining about HCBD about some perceived slight.
Des cannot come grips with the fact that he is about as effective at his job as GDL's zone blocking scheme. An over inflated self view of his relevance, craft and insights. If i were HC I wouldn't give him the time of day either. A Syracuse groupie, he got it totally wrong and perpetuated the dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
LOL. After he started 6-0 I was hearing how wonderful he was and how he turned the team around. Fail.

Maybe he can recruit another linebacker to play QB.
I think he only got to 4-0, then got pole axed by FSU, which well, they did that to everyone. I liked Feinstein's line about the "Randy man can't".

Reaction Score
Des cannot come grips with the fact that he is about as effective at his job as GDL's zone blocking scheme. An over inflated self view of his relevance, craft and insights. If i were HC I wouldn't give him the time of day either. A Syracuse groupie, he got it totally wrong and perpetuated the dumpster fire.

I loved it when FHCRE basically flipped off Des at every opportunity and then Des would go whine about it in his columns and chats.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I think he only got to 4-0, then got pole axed by FSU, which well, they did that to everyone. I liked Feinstein's line about the "Randy man can't".

Yes I heard him on college gameday either last year or this year and he was just crapping on Edsall the whole time. Loved it.

Reaction Score
Maryland fans are insufferable. Probably the worst fanbase I've ever interacted with (in person and online) and that includes Kentucky and BC

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I love the anti-Randy crowd rallying around "6 and 7 win seasons".

Check the facts: 9,8,8,8 win seasons to end his tenure.

Make fun of him all you want, but FHCRE did a hell of a job.

You would think after 3 seasons of futility, people would gain some perspective, but apparently not.

Reaction Score

You would think after 3 seasons of futility, people would gain some perspective, but apparently not.
Must have inherrited a "train wreck" down at UMD, coming off a nine win season.

Reaction Score

Well, shucker darn! I guess you are right! And he never lost to Temple either!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Do you guys on here still want to debate that Randy didn't do an excellent job here?

You destroy any shred of credibility you have by trying to downplay his accomplishments.

I think we all wanted to be a top 25 program, and while we weren't there yet, going bowling and winning conference titles were nice high water marks along the way.

Reaction Score
Well, shucker darn! I guess you are right! And he never lost to Temple either!
See i can say Edsall, did a very good job here transitioning this team from FCS, FBS. IMO, he is not a great coach. We lost to Temple and RU that year and both of those were on the coaching, but Edsall himself would tell you it was lack of execution. I think our perception and the Big east's would not have taken such a hit if we took in a 10-2, team rather than an 8-4, team to the BCS, but ah whatever. He did a good job here, and will likely get fired from his next job. My opinion is that he is like Jim O'brien, Chan Gailey, Al Groh, as a college coach. All those guys were good coaches who got fired from their last college job. We will see if Edsall joins them or not.

Reaction Score

You have to be joking right? Edsall at his best went 8-4 and got killed in the Fiesta Bowl after winning a laughable Big East 3 way tie. Couldn't get the upper echelon of CT high school talent to commit on a regular basis. He left the next head coach with a walk on QB, a freshmen running back that would, at the time, be better suited for corner or anything other than starting tailback. Plus..... he walked out knowing the offensive line was going to be in shambles. Weak receivers, the list goes on and on. Edsall is currently getting the dividends of what is commonly known as " What goes around, comes around". Karma is bitin' ya in the ass Edsall.. so go dream about that!! Think about it every time you hop onto a plane you L-o-s-e-r!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you guys on here still want to debate that Randy didn't do an excellent job here?

You destroy any shred of credibility you have by trying to downplay his accomplishments.

I think we all wanted to be a top 25 program, and while we weren't there yet, going bowling and winning conference titles were nice high water marks along the way.

Thanks mr. Credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate