new datapoint for UVA to B1G | The Boneyard

new datapoint for UVA to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Subject: ESPN radio in Columbus, reporting UVA likely next Big Ten member with UNC next.
Posted by: C-BUS Hoo Fan on Mon Nov 26 2012 5:41:13 PM
1460 the fan. This is the big Buckeye station that Spielman and Herbstreit used to do
their shows on.

Edward R. Murrow, AJ Liebling, Myer Berger and all those other journalists in the pantheon of reporting, please meet CBUS Hoo Fan. I love the smell of realignment in the evening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At last! The UVA-Rutgers matchup the nation has demanded is at hand! **

LOL

Reaction Score
Subject: ESPN radio in Columbus, reporting UVA likely next Big Ten member with UNC next.
Posted by: C-BUS Hoo Fan on Mon Nov 26 2012 5:41:13 PM
1460 the fan. This is the big Buckeye station that Spielman and Herbstreit used to do
their shows on.

They are reporting that over the radio..??

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, this is one of the stations that were first in reporting the discussions of Maryland and the Big Ten. They're tight with The Ohio State University. Don't know if there's any truth to this being reported, though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am going to imagine that quite a few people are listening to a sportsradio station in Columbus discussing college football yet the Sabre Board is the only board mentioning this. I am also sure it is only a coincidence that the rumor cites the same radio station that broke the Maryland story. Even some of the Sabre posters are a bit suspicious. UVa beat writer tweeting that there is nothing to the story. I don't think the Columbus radio station ever said this.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Does MHVer3 know anything about this?

Reaction Score
On that message board, you have Virginia fans bashing UConn football.

You'd think 45-10 on the road in Virginia would have taught them a lesson.

It was at the Rent. They beat us in Virginia when a shotgun snap sailed past Tyler's head as we were driving for a go ahead FG.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was at the Rent. They beat us in Virginia when a shotgun snap sailed past Tys we were driving for a go ahead FG.

The power outage at Buffalo Wild Wings game.

Reaction Score

13m
David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
This from #UVa AD Craig Littlepage: President Teresa Sullivan informed BoV last night that university is not in discussions w/Big Ten.

Collapse
Yeah sure...read between the lines, Davo...she said they are not in discussions in the present tense. didn't say anything about the past. I read this as saying the deal is already done and they open in the Big House next season! You can't draw any other conclusion from that statement.

Reaction Score
David Teal is the great defender of the ACC. He also has a lot of disdain for UConn.

But he names his sources which is good in this day and age.

But like you said, everybody says one thing, and does the complete opposite.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The ACC has a rule that a school has to escrow the entire exit fee if it just enters into discussions with another league. UVa has to deny.

Reaction Score
If that's true, Nelson, then the nonsense that Swofford was 'caught off guard" by the maryland defection seems even more far fetched.

Reaction Score
David Teal is the great defender of the ACC. He also has a lot of disdain for UConn.

But he names his sources which is good in this day and age.

But like you said, everybody says one thing, and does the complete opposite.

I don't know who he is, he writes at DP? What is DP?

Reaction Score
The ACC has a rule that a school has to escrow the entire exit fee if it just enters into discussions with another league. UVa has to deny.

But of course that rule will be as much contested, if not more, than the exit fee that Maryland will contest.

Reaction Score
But of course that rule will be as much contested, if not more, than the exit fee that Maryland will contest.

How is it challenged after the fact? If you don't leave, how was your conference damaged because you would have gotten the money back from escrow anyway. And if you do leave, you owe them the money anyway.

Reaction Score
How is it challenged after the fact? If you don't leave, how was your conference damaged because you would have gotten the money back from escrow anyway. And if you do leave, you owe them the money anyway.

I'm saying the money is never put in escrow in the first place. I mean, how much money? How much is Maryland going to pay? Why would anyone put the full amount in escrow when this is going to the courts regardless?

Reaction Score
I don't know who he is, he writes at DP? What is DP?

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/

It's the Daily Press out of Hampton Roads, VA (the whole Tidewater/Hampton Roads area)

Teel writes about Virginia and VA Tech. He's been twittering and writing about ACC expansion since the beginning.

He's an ACC homer, a ND homer, a Jack Swarbrick homer, a Gene Corrigan homer, and a UConn disliker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom