OT: - New Data From The Fan Project Shows Women's Sports Have Most Innovative, Committed Fans | The Boneyard

OT: New Data From The Fan Project Shows Women's Sports Have Most Innovative, Committed Fans

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The demand for women’s sports is growing, but women’s sports fans and consumers already knew that.

The NWSL and WNBA were the only professional sports leagues in North America to experience increased TV ratings during 2020 amid the pandemic. Star athletes like Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams, celebrities and even NFL owners are investing in women’s sports teams. The Tokyo Olympics featured a record number of women participating, while consumers across the United States and Canada tuned in to watch women compete in prime time at higher rates than ever before.

Reaction Score
I am CONSTANTLY being asked why I watch WBB, particularly UCONN.
Some even think it's a sneaky way of ogling young women.
To me the intensity and dedication that the women show is miles above and beyond what you get from the men's side of sports.
They SEEM to be more oriented toward team/group excellence rather than individual accomplishment and recognition.
Of course, I'm fully aware of exceptions to this.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I haven’t been called innovative and committed in a long time…..feels pretty good…..
We all have to be innovative to really follow our team, at times doing cartwheels just to find out how to or where to watch the H'usky's on TV. On many other fronts you are at the top in content and innovation just one question. Where is it exactly that you are committed and for how long? No judgements here just ask n. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom