New! CT Scoreboard w/ Coach Hurley | The Boneyard

New! CT Scoreboard w/ Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
I've noticed that Hurley is a very frequent guest on Seth's shows, and Seth spends quite a bit of time in Storrs. He loves the entire Hurley family, he always talks about Bob Sr.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Got some time with Coach Hurley for the pod! He talks the season, what it’s been like since winning a title, looks a little bit ahead to next year, and more.

Awesome job as usual, but we really need to know - do the lucky underwear get retired? Does Hurley have a spot for them in his trophy room at home? Do they go up on the wall of honor? Or do they keep the underwear, Donovan’s lucky bucket hat, and clippings from the Karabeard all together in a sealed container to use as super mojo next season? Don’t be afraid to ask the important questions!

Reaction Score
Awesome job as usual, but we really need to know - do the lucky underwear get retired? Does Hurley have a spot for them in his trophy room at home? Do they go up on the wall of honor? Or do they keep the underwear, Donovan’s lucky bucket hat, and clippings from the Karabeard all together in a sealed container to use as super mojo next season? Don’t be afraid to ask the important questions!

I wanted to make a joke about getting a signed pair of the dragon underwear (obviously didn't want the game worn pair haha). Feel like it'd be the ultimate UConn title run piece of memorabilia. Wife told me she'd walk out if I asked a grown man for a signed pair of underwear though.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Great stuff ,

Hurley was talking about minutes by Karaban as a frosh, and mentioned something about Newton. He wasn't sure which of these two played more, but said .... Big jumps by both next season. So he's expecting Newton to stay.

Reaction Score
Jared,

That was another fabulous podcast!!!

Interesting how he mentioned that Luke and Kimani turned down head jobs that weren’t big enough!

What’s your plan for off-season podcasts?

Thanks! Hoping we can dive into some more players/alum. Let me know who you all want to hear from throughout the offseason and I'll try my best to get them done!

Reaction Score
I loved the last segment about sitting down with his players at the end of the season to give his impression moving forward alone with the Transfer Portal process

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Interview Chris Smith. He was at so many home games this year. Shared an elevator with him leaving a Gampel game and he was nice and approachable. Would love to hear his thoughts on the rise of the program. He was arguably the recruit that built this all. Also would love to hear from former CT players like Rashmal, Saunders, Austrie, Wiggins.

Reaction Score
Had the good fortune to meet Seth Greenberg
1982-1983 when he was an asst coach at Pitt
And was recruiting in Ct .Sat with him at a high school game and chatted with him for most of the game very genuine guy and at the time felt he would have a good career
Pretty much the only ESPN guy I make a point of listening to
I

Reaction Score
Had the good fortune to meet Seth Greenberg
1982-1983 when he was an asst coach at Pitt
And was recruiting in Ct .Sat with him at a high school game and chatted with him for most of the game very genuine guy and at the time felt he would have a good career
Pretty much the only ESPN guy I make a point of listening to
I
He is very good.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Edit: see if you can get Luke and Bill on together…
Was going to suggest Luke and Bill.

Listened to the Hurley interview this morning on my way to work. Great stuff!

Reaction Score
Interview Chris Smith. He was at so many home games this year. Shared an elevator with him leaving a Gampel game and he was nice and approachable. Would love to hear his thoughts on the rise of the program. He was arguably the recruit that built this all. Also would love to hear from former CT players like Rashmal, Saunders, Austrie, Wiggins.
Today would be a good day to interview Wiggins :)

Reaction Score
Thanks! Hoping we can dive into some more players/alum. Let me know who you all want to hear from throughout the offseason and I'll try my best to get them done!
Would be interesting to hear from Hawkins, Sanogo, Jackson and Newton in late May to ask them about the NBA draft process and how that went. Maybe even wait until after May 31 to see how they made their decisions and why.

Reaction Score
I wanted to make a joke about getting a signed pair of the dragon underwear (obviously didn't want the game worn pair haha). Feel like it'd be the ultimate UConn title run piece of memorabilia. Wife told me she'd walk out if I asked a grown man for a signed pair of underwear though.
We’ve all been there my friend

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't see what the problem is.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Got some time with Coach Hurley for the pod! He talks the season, what it’s been like since winning a title, looks a little bit ahead to next year, and more.

Finally got to listening to this excellent interview on the way to tutoring today.

Again, Jared, thanks for all you do!

Quick suggestion: I usually listen in my '09 Corolla and the mix between you (good quality) and the interviewee (lower quality) is sometimes hard to pick up when driving on highways, even on full blast, maybe a mixing thing? Granted, it's an older car, but just wanted to keep you posted!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom