NEW CT QB target | The Boneyard

NEW CT QB target

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's the same league Casey Cochran came from, it's actually solid year in year out. However Bunnell is not known for their defense./

Reaction Score
Brookfield is in the SWC, which is a solid league in CT.

UConn has also looked at St. Paul QB Logan Marchi (JR) who had a good week, 28-40 367yds 5 TD's 1 INT vs Crosby.

Reaction Score
Brookfield High's Brad Westmark goes 25-35 for 391 yards and two TD's.

Kid came out of nowhere to unseat Boeing Brown and is putting up big time numbers. Suspect league but the same one as Casey if I'm not mistaken.

Don't count out Boeing either, he had seven catches for 121 and a score. The kid's an athlete.

http://www.newstimes.com/sports/article/Westmark-Brookfield-torch-Bunnell-in-statement-3885037.php

I'm missing something. Why does a HS QB having a good debut game make him a I-A college prospect? There are lots of outstanding high school football players who are not top level college prospects. Or is there more to the story that was just omitted from the OP?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm missing something. Why does a HS QB having a good debut game make him a I-A college prospect? There are lots of outstanding high school football players who are not top level college prospects. Or is there more to the story that was just omitted from the OP?

I think you miss a lot of things when you spew off in your posts. By "target" I meant he's a local kid we should be keeping an eye on. I forgot that "target" to you probably means any ambulance with it's lights and siren on. My bad.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Also, it wasn't his debut game and no where in my post did I say the kid was a 1A college prospect at this point. I think you just like to hear yourself type most of the time.

Reaction Score
It's the same league Casey Cochran came from, it's actually solid year in year out. However Bunnell is not known for their defense./

Saying Bunnell is "not known for its defense" is putting it likely. Coach Bruno is all offense, all the time. Doesn't care about the defense at all.

Reaction Score
Also, it wasn't his debut game and no where in my post did I say the kid was a 1A college prospect at this point. I think you just like to hear yourself type most of the time.

Your headline -- not mine is "New CT QB Target." Now, exactly how is one supposed to interpret that on a UConn recruiting board, if not as this guy is a recruiting target?

If it wasn't his debut game, my bad.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Again, I meant it as his being a CT High School QB that has been putting up great numbers who we should probably keep an eye on in the future. It's clear you're simply an argumentative ass hat that stumbles upon a good point every now and again but spends the rest of his time on here trying to demean other people's opinions. If it makes you feel better, I'll ask the mods to put a question mark at the end of the title of my thread.

As for how people are supposed to interpret the title on a UConn sports message board, that's up to them. Just like the way I was able to interpret the username you chose for the same board. Since you were so free in thinking that any of us give two shi-ts about what you do for a living, why don't you share with us your extensive athletic background that so clearly makes your opinions more meaningful than the rest of ours.

Businesslawyer.......... clown.

Reaction Score
Again, I meant it as his being a CT High School QB that has been putting up great numbers who we should probably keep an eye on in the future. It's clear you're simply an argumentative ass hat that stumbles upon a good point every now and again but spends the rest of his time on here trying to demean other people's opinions. If it makes you feel better, I'll ask the mods to put a question mark at the end of the title of my thread.

As for how people are supposed to interpret the title on a UConn sports message board, that's up to them. Just like the way I was able to interpret the username you chose for the same board. Since you were so free in thinking that any of us give two shi-ts about what you do for a living, why don't you share with us your extensive athletic background that so clearly makes your opinions more meaningful than the rest of ours.

Businesslawyer..........Fecunditying clown.

I find BL often makes strawmen and has his man crush on fhcRE and have been accused of stalking him when I have corrected many of his misstatements (not often misstatements according to him), but just as a comment from a guy who might have a few times over a lot of years "missed an opportunity to make his point with less words and more subtley", keep it light or it ain't worth it.
Must admit I wondered also why someone would use his profession as a name on a Uconn sports site; maybe that's his best attribute; if I chose that guess would call myself "Woody".;)

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Businesslawyer..........Fecunditying clown.

Wow, from former lurker to prominent flamer. Welcome to the Boneyard! :)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I would think keeping an eye on a 5"10" 175 lb QB might not be the best use of our time, but who am i to jump in to this very eloquent debate

pj

Reaction Score
Well, Westmark is class of 2014 so there will be plenty of time for the staff to judge his tape. (BL too.) Hopefully he camps at UConn next summer. I wish him the best, and if he is indeed a BCS talent I hope that he chooses UConn.

In the meantime maybe Boeing Brown will consider walking on at UConn as a receiver.

Reaction Score
I know our resident expert doesn't think this kid should be a "target" but he went 25-35 again this week, this time for 280 yards and one TD. So, in his last two weeks he's 50-70 for 671 yds and 3 scores. Thank God we have so much QB depth that we don't need to keep an eye on a local kid like this.

http://www.newstimes.com/sports/article/HIGH-SCHOOL-FOOTBALL-ROUNDUP-Westmark-on-the-3905827.php

God, take a hit and get over it. This is going on a week later and you have nothing else to talk about?

I criticized you for headlining a thread to make it look as if someone was recruiting this guy when, to anyone's knowledge, no one is. I didn't call you an axe murderer or Rutgers Al or something. And I certainly didn't criticize the player or his skills -- I am the first to admit I have no idea who he is.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
God, take a hit and get over it. This is going on a week later and you have nothing else to talk about?

I criticized you for headlining a thread to make it look as if someone was recruiting this guy when, to anyone's knowledge, no one is. I didn't call you an axe murderer or Rutgers Al or something. And I certainly didn't criticize the player or his skills -- I am the first to admit I have no idea who he is.

Take a hit? Lighten up, Francis. I'm not the type to take this board stuff too seriously.

We're good in my book, BL. I wanted to update the kid's stats from Friday and was just busting your chops a little.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I would think keeping an eye on a 5"10" 175 lb QB might not be the best use of our time, but who am i to jump in to this very eloquent debate

The kid's got several years of growing to do. Are you so confident in our QB stable that you don't think this kid and the numbers he's putting up are worth "keeping an eye on"? I'd take a sub-six foot QB if he put up the numbers and earned a scholly. Seeing as how you did jump into the debate, would you have not kept an eye on Russell Wilson or Flutie?

Reaction Score
Brookfield will have a good test this week vs Newtown. And I agree - Boeing Brown was moved to wideout to make room for this kid. Not because of any drop in Brown's production but because this kid looks that good. If nothing else that should be worthy of your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom