New Courant Article on K State Game | The Boneyard

New Courant Article on K State Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
:( But it is blocked to me; subscriber or subscribe mode. These guys squeeze every ad $ they can onto your page and it is still not enough? Maybe it'll change after 12 hours or so. Something about the Villian coming to town. Dag nab it. Head bang

Reaction Score
:( But it is blocked to me; subscriber or subscribe mode. These guys squeeze every ad $ they can onto your page and it is still not enough? Maybe it'll change after 12 hours or so. Something about the Villian coming to town. Dag nab it. Head bang
Either type the article name (prox ok) into your search engine, then click on the result, or just right click the BY-posted link and select "View in Incognito Mode"

Reaction Score

When I've "used" my 5 permitted freebies, I switch browsers and get another 5, etc. The Courant is similar to Mark Twain's Sermons: "free and worth it."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just an aside but I changed my style this year - I was all for the internet is free and I'll ignore anyone who tries to make me subscribe or pay for my news. BUT, I had my shining light moment in November and decided if I want good reporting and believe in a free and independent press, than I better start paying for it. So I went out and got two newspaper subscriptions. And I am thinking about a couple more. I haven't actually used either very much, but I like knowing they are there. Depending on cable and internet for news is a little dangerous to my way of thinking - it is all entertainment and 'reality' now, not news.

Its like the old CPTV broadcasts and other PBS stations - love some of their content and so every year they get some money.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Just an aside but I changed my style this year - I was all for the internet is free and I'll ignore anyone who tries to make me subscribe or pay for my news. BUT, I had my shining light moment in November and decided if I want good reporting and believe in a free and independent press, than I better start paying for it. So I went out and got two newspaper subscriptions. And I am thinking about a couple more. I haven't actually used either very much, but I like knowing they are there. Depending on cable and internet for news is a little dangerous to my way of thinking - it is all entertainment and 'reality' now, not news.

Its like the old CPTV broadcasts and other PBS stations - love some of their content and so every year they get some money.
AGREE.

Reaction Score
Just a short clip from the courant today:

"There were a lot of times when I didn't even know what to say when [Notre Dame] went on a run," Samuelson said. "Gabby really stepped up and took that role of telling us that we need to calm down this next possession and that kind of calmed me down. I know as a player, I'm still looking to other people when I don't know what to do. That just comes with, I'm still young and I'm still trying to learn things. To have Gabby out there, she did kind of everything. She took over that role of telling us, we've got to get this possession and respond to what they did. She just calmed us down."

Williams was also the team's best all-around player, with 19 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and five steals in 40 minutes. Auriemma called her magnificent and Samuelson said she is inspiring, with her play and her personality.

"She's one of the best players in the country, work ethic-wise, athleticism-wise," Samuelson said. "And she's really just a great person, too."

On Sunday, Williams will lead the Huskies into another unwelcoming environment. The Huskies played four games in nine days, including four against ranked teams. After the first win over Chattanooga, Auriemma talked about the need to toughen up.

Challenge accepted. UConn proved Wednesday it has all the making of a strong title contender."

Gabby 5-11 vs Turner 6-4 at ND. KS has a 6-5 post player.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Apparently it is not enough. Courant is going broke.

Just put the link into google.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Opening line in the article:

This is what happens when a team wins so many games and so many titles and rises to become the most famous program in its sport. When UConn comes to town, it's an event.

I love that our program is the preeminent program in the nation and that it's not really close as to who the 2nd most prestigious program might be. Even without the "big 3", UCONN is showing that they are more than a dynasty - they are a team that every single year is the measuring stick everyone else uses to compare themselves to. It's such an honor, and we can thank Geno and CD for building what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom