NEW COMMIT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NEW COMMIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
But its not for lack of trying!!! ;)

Reaction Score

One thing I can say about PP is that he's bringing in good size! the kid is 5'9, 5'10 188-190 lbs in high school!

This kid runs hard... He moved the whole football team for about 5-10 yards!

He seems to follow his blocks well. I thought McCombs did a much better job of that last year as the season went on but it seems like he's back to square one this year. Of course you need blocks to follow.

Reaction Score
Everybody's got their reasons for our offensive ineptitude so far. Nothing changes the fact, that the only thing lacking in this program right now, is 11 players on offense that can take the field at the same time, and both engage, and sustain blocks through an entire play start to finish, the majority of the time.

So this is why we can't run the ball, McCombs thinks he's supposed to be blocking when he has the ball. ;)

Reaction Score
So this is why we can't run the ball, McCombs thinks he's supposed to be blocking when he has the ball. ;)

You joke, but some of our most effective runs all season long, have come with either McCombs carrying, or McCombs as a lead blocker. Should tell you something.

Reaction Score
You joke, but some of our most effective runs all season long, have come with either McCombs carrying, or McCombs as a lead blocker. Should tell you something.

You must be one of the ones who think McCombs is god! Lol Just kidding! but Hyppolite had the best run of the season when he finally touched the ball! McCombs was a good runner, but I do agree that he's not hitting the wholes harder this year and oh yeah he drops at first contact!

Reaction Score
The best run of the year was Hypollite on the toss against Buffalo when McCombs made an outstanding block to free him down the sideline.

Reaction Score
You must be one of the ones who think McCombs is god! Lol Just kidding! but Hyppolite had the best run of the season when he finally touched the ball! McCombs was a good runner, but I do agree that he's not hitting the wholes harder this year and oh yeah he drops at first contact!

Poor angle, but the most important block on that run was made by McCombs. :10 mark you can see him take the cornerback out of the play which freed Hyppolite up the sideline.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm confused why we need the same subject on two different BY forums? Is the Football Recruiting Board hard to find or do people only visit the UConn Football Board? Just sayin...

Nothing wrong with broadcasting the best piece of news we've had in weeks.

Reaction Score
The best run of the year was Hypollite on the toss against Buffalo when McCombs made an outstanding block to free him down the sideline.

Wasn't the only play where we've done something good on offense, and McCombs was a lead blocker. There are several others, the biggest of which, is probably a run by McCummings at the goal line in Maryland. Imagine where this season would be with 3 points instead of 6 on one drive in Maryland. Again - pretty clear sign about where we at on offense. Lot's of blame, and finger pointing to do by fans, and lord knows, again I got mixed up in it, but the bottom line, is with 11 players consistently blocking on offense, our team is very powerful.

Because as much as it's probably irrating to many when I repeat and blather. Football is two things. Blocking and tackling.

Right now, we do one really well, the other, not so much. Would prefer to see that change, before next season.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i actually agree with medic. i wish ppl would check the recruit forum more and get involved. its not hard to time killing to a make extra click and enjoy whats up..

Reaction Score
I'm confused why we need the same subject on two different BY forums? Is the Football Recruiting Board hard to find or do people only visit the UConn Football Board? Just sayin...

I'm confused why someone would have a problem with having a mention of our only decent news in about a month on two forums. I didn't really intend for a discussion here, that's why i linked the recruiting forum, but since this thread has more posts than on the recruiting board, it seems to me that a lot of people don't check the other forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one that only checks the recruiting board a couple times a week this time of year.

Reaction Score

What wholes(sic)?

Reaction Score
I'm confused why someone would have a problem with having a mention of our only decent news in about a month on two forums. I didn't really intend for a discussion here, that's why i linked the recruiting forum, but since this thread has more posts than on the recruiting board, it seems to me that a lot of people don't check the other forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one that only checks the recruiting board a couple times a week this time of year.

Whatever... I asked a question "Is the Football Recruiting Board hard to find or do people only visit the UConn Football Board" - because it's not listed in the dropdown box and maybe something the Mods could take a look @. You want your own thread - I have no issues.

"only decent news in a month"? SMH

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with broadcasting the best piece of news we've had in weeks.
Goes to prove UConn football is above PP. I look forward to the day we have a new head coach.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I think this year has shown that a good RB is not so much without a good O-Line. What's good on the O-line front (Was that redundant?)?
It's been a long years cuz,your forgiven

pj

Reaction Score
Goes to prove UConn football is above PP. I look forward to the day we have a new head coach.

I just look forward to the day we have a quality team on both sides of the ball. I think the offensive skill-position players in the 2013 class are excellent and will give us an excellent offense by the 2015 season, maybe 2014. Hopefully the defense and the o-line will be strong then too.

I like a lot about the coaches, especially their emphasis on teaching and P seems well liked. I hope they succeed. They need to develop the offense much, much faster, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
They need to develop the offense much, much faster, that's for sure.
It is going to have to start next week. The play-calling has been ridiculously horrendous. They are developing the passing game too slowly. The o-line is lost, unfortunately. They have the drive to play. But they need a scheme or strategy that works with them. The players were so embarrassed that they rushed into the locker room before the fight song was over, if I saw correctly.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, they seem to have operated on the assumption that the o-line was going to be bad, therefore we couldn't pass much since that would get CW hit too often, therefore we had to run all the time, that would make us predictable and ineffective, therefore we would have to rely on our defense. As opposed to believing that the team could achieve an effective offense and challenging the players to do it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I agree. I've been a huge fan of Lyle's since his first carry, but it's hard to ignore his lackluster performance. He doesn't have the burst...it's like he's lost a gear or two...and it's not just UConn fans who've noticed how easily he goes down...I think it was during the Rutgers debaucle that the announcers were discussing how little it takes to bring him down...contact with his ankle, his non-carry arm...a hand on his jersey. Hard to disagree. This new kid looks good on video...but let's remember, just about any D1 commit has a video that shows just how far above the other players he is.

Reaction Score
What wholes(sic)?

The whole he doesn't hit because either he get's hit on contact or he doesn't see the cut back lanes... McCombs is not running like last year we can't blame the line all the time the back shouldn't depend on the line... they should make plays to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom