New Commit: Nino Leone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Commit: Nino Leone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Sky is limit" for latest UConn football commit
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/09/sky-is-limit-for-latest-uconn-football.html

Yup - it's his HS Coach but still a nice read.

>>He is a big, huge kid and he has terrific feet, runs real well for a big kid," Powers said. "I tell everybody to fully understand what kind of talent he is, you need to see him play basketball because he is a real solid basketball player." Leone, who is 6-foot-5, 340 pounds according to Powers, was one of the captains of Pingree's basketball team as a junior.

On the football field Leone has been a four-year starter at offensive tackle (the position he projects to play in college) and has been a starter at defensive tackle since midway through his freshman season.

"I tell everybody that off the field he is one of the nicest kids but when he steps on the field, he is competitive, very aggressive," Powers said. "He plays between the whistles. "He is a throwback, he is very polite, he opens the door for women and just things that I think are very important. He's from a big, Italian family, his family is very important to him."

Powers said the Leone had to carry around his birth certificate when he played youth football because there were those who doubted that he was at the proper age to play.<<

There's more in the story.

Reaction Score
I saw him watching the pregame o-line drills as well. We need guys with an attitude opening the holes on O. Nice guys off the field, attitude under control on it. Welcome Nino!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Any chance this kid gets a look at NT? He is a massive individual.

Welcome aboard!...

Reaction Score
He appears to carry 340 lbs pretty well if that number is indeed true. Great find here. Hopefully he doesn't blow up like Ulizio and end up somewhere in the P5's.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the pack Nino...I can almost hear coach Balis saying "I'll take it from here Bobby, and when I am done he will be referred to as El Nino!" :D

Reaction Score
They play Hamden hall this year, if you want to get a sneak peak

Reaction Score
UConn commit Nino Leone impresses in season debut
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/09/uconn-commit-nino-leone-impresses-in.html

>>Leone's Pingree team opened the season with a tough 34-20 loss at Hamden Hall last night. He started at defensive tackle and on the first play of the game he displayed his speed and tenacity by chasing down a Hamden Hall runner down the line. He also started at left offensive tackle helping quarterback Griffin Beal run for 199 yards and pass for another 176. I had Leone with six tackles including three tackles for loss.<<

>>If Nino Leone needed any extra motivation for the first game of his senior season at the Pingree School, his trusty phone took care of that. No, there were no inspiration tunes that he used to get his competitive juices flowing. Instead, it was the images from yesterday's UConn/Missouri game courtesy of the Watch ESPN app on his phone that got Leone all fired up. "I was watching on the bus ride here, they are always exciting to watch," Leone said. "A lot of people said it was going to be a blowout and they kept it (close) all the way through the game and fought to the end, I loved it."<<

Reaction Score
PingreeFootball 3:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
Congratulations Nino! It's official onto UCONN!

CaUM8A7UUAABXOs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom