New Commit from OG Lamont Bradford | The Boneyard

New Commit from OG Lamont Bradford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Lamont. Saw everything I needed to on the second highlight clip. Total focus and feet moving. Taking the guy 10 yards downfield. We can work with that. Enjoy your college career.

Thanks HM.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Awesome - Welcome Lamont. Glad you decided on UConn.

Reaction Score
From ESPN: (Rated 3*)

Size-Strength-Athleticism
Has good height and weight for the offensive line. Shows good playing strength, particularly up top, but will need to develop and improve functional strength. Flashes the ability to get out and play in space, working downfield on screens and locating assignment. Does show some hip and ankle stiffness.
Pass Protection
Better fit at guard than at tackle due to concerns about ability to protect the edge at the next level. Has enough lateral mobility to slide with most defensive tackles once locked on but can struggle to redirect when defender shoots inside. Can be too high in initial set.
Run Blocking
Once locked on he can control defender and finish to the ground, but can take too many false steps when drive blocking at times. Can struggle to generate enough push. Will move laterally and seal the edge. Flashes the ability to cover up linebackers at the second level.
Toughness
Plays the game with an edge. Will work to finish his assignment to the ground.
Bottom Line
Bradford has some upside but needs to improve functional strength and flexibility. Will need a redshirt year to develop his technique. A move to guard should improve his value at the next level.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Lamont!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN, Lamont! Another talented young man with size.

You could be THE BIG ONE, Lamont!!!

59b7359ef1af7b215195e862aeda4242.jpg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't know what's funnier; the reference, or the fact that the young man may be too young to understand the reference... ;)

I considered that but figured he'd ask someone what the hell I was talking about and a relative born before 1975 would fill him in.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
John Silver reports that Lamont Bradford has committed to UConn.

From the 2014 Recruiting Thread:

Lamont Bradford (6-3 295 OG - 2014) from Timber Creek Regional HS in Gloucester Township (btwn Philly and AC).

Lamont has other offer from Temple. 2* on Rivals/3* on 247/3* on ESPN

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1460065/highlights/37756375[/quote]

Link has him listed as 6' 4", 290. I'll gladly take the extra inch and lose the 5 lbs. I have confidence we'll help him put on more weight but our height training is a work in progress.

Medic, he's listed primarily as a OG with DT secondary. Any idea what he was recruited as?

Reaction Score
The ESPN eval makes sense. Better lateral movement, technique and a bunch of squats. No problem.

Reaction Score
Hey SA check this out - who knows what they have him earmarked for - Interesting read on Lamont.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/222430326.html

"Lamont Bradford sees himself as a lineman. Not a guard. Not a tackle. Not an offensive guy or a defensive guy. A versatile, valuable, all-around lineman. "That's how I want to be known," Bradford said.

The 6-4, 295-pound senior at Timber Creek said the coaches at the University of Connecticut see him the same way. That's one reason Bradford committed on Wednesday to attend UConn on a football scholarship. "They see me as a true lineman," Bradford said. "Maybe some offensive guard, maybe some center, maybe even defense. They think I can be more than just a tackle or just a guard. They think I can be a true lineman.<<

Also - he wants to study pre-law @ UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom