New Coaching Must Have's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Coaching Must Have's

What would be the number one quality you are looking for in our next coach?

• X's and O's

Votes: 57 46.3%
  • Recruitment Ability

Votes: 47 38.2%
  • National Reputation

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • UConn Ties

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ability to coaches specific positions (i.e.big man coach)

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The semblance of an offensive strategy that isn't downright offensive?
Then Dan Hurley is definitely not you man

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really curious about the poll outcome so far
Talent is by far the most glaring missing link yet folks pick x's and o's. The second choice is when you recruit the big guys - you have someone to coach that position. Ko's recruitment strategy was not good and hurt him the most
Beyond what anyone says - KO and most any coach has the X's and O's - but does no good without the talent and size needed to match up with nearly every team you face
You don't need to reply with crap that KO didn't know the X's and O's

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't want a one trick pony coach, but I went with recruitment. Ideally you get someone who can bring in talent and coach it effectively once it gets here. But as of today, we need more talent. (No offense to our existing players.)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This was KO his first 2 years. After that not so much.

I still think yo this day his divorce took a toll on him and he was.never the same afterwards.

Reaction Score
Talent is by far the most glaring missing link yet folks pick x's and o's. The second choice is when you recruit the big guys - you have someone to coach that position. Ko's recruitment strategy was not good and hurt him the most
Beyond what anyone says - KO and most any coach has the X's and O's - but does no good without the talent and size needed to match up with nearly every team you face

I think we can agree that maybe we don’t agree with KO’s X’s and O’s...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
KO managed to be so harsh that he alienated the locker room, and yet so soft that he never enforced standards of effort, toughness, and quality of play.

Couldn’t agree more. He had that we are family vibe to start and then starting pointing fingers at everyone but himself. I really think he jumped the shark after one game when the players were all goofy after the win and he smacked T Sam on tv. It’s been all downhill since.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don't agree that talent is the missing link. While this team is no mid-2000's UConn, it's not really less talented than say, Houston, which just won 25 games. The roster makeup is less than ideal, I'll give you that. Meaning the talent doesn't fit together as it should. But the biggest problem has been a coach that doesn't know how to scheme, or game-plan, doesn't evaluate his own players well, doesn't seem to scout the other team, essentially throws the ball out and says "play". KO's X's and O's, if he has them, are wrong, and are designed for a different league (NBA) from a different era (the 1990's). His offensive and defensive philosophies are terrible.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Other, like at least two of the strengths

Reaction Score
A quick hook. I have to admit, JC drove me a little nuts with it sometime, but now I miss it. Needed it the last couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom