New Canaan and Greenwich freshmen football players picked for All-American game | The Boneyard

New Canaan and Greenwich freshmen football players picked for All-American game

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A 6' 5" 280 lb freshman. A 6' 2" 295 lb freshman. Holy crap they're big. What's in the water down in Fairfield County?
Glad I didn't have to feed them growing up.

Reaction Score
Looks like Gildea wants to go big time P5 school, mentioned Michigan.
Might be inspired by Steuber, the big kid from Darien who just finished his career at Michigan. Big Ten first team and AA 2nd team. Lots of big linemen have come from Fairfield County, Kabongo of Fairfield Prep, Seth Willis of Newtown, Matt Gulbin who’s at Wake Forest IIRC, big John Sullivan who played at Greenwich and Notre Dame, just retired from the NFL IIRC. Also Gary Klahr whose life story is amazing.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We can’t get marketing students from FFC to come to UConn forget about 5 Star football players

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The past is the past. Mora has enough star power to comfortably recruit any prospect in Fairfield county in any town. And John Marinelli is a big plus since he truly understands the area growing up and then coaching a pair of state championship teams in it.

I don't expect immediate results unless we start winning a little more than expected in 2022. What I do think could happen is that a good recruiting effort today could set things up to land more of these guys should they seek a change of school later in their short college careers. We need to be that place that is in play when local talent hits the portal.

Reaction Score
I agree with Mora regarding freshmen recruiting = NFL teams building the team's core through the draft vs. portal = NFL teams filling needs through free agency. However, since we have a lot of needs, it's appropriate to hit the portal hard this year. Which we are. Done correctly, the portal can help a program get well in a hurry.

Reaction Score
My point was that we’re not getting the top top top instate talent
Why? What you do is make a case for that athlete and why UConn is the place for him.

You have to be in the mix for every major talent in this state. You have to take your shot at them. Football players are funny. High school it is about going to the highest ranked team possible, being the cool kid. After one or 2 years, it comes down to best fit for your academic and football and family life.

If one of those kids wants to go big ten, then decide after a year to transfer for a million of reasons, then you already have a relationship.

If playing time and development for nfl an issue, I can make a big argument playing games is superior to sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
We’ve had the worst program in college football for years. It’s no wonder some FRESHMEN from CT aspire to Michigan over UConn. The last time UConn was good they were watching Sesame Street.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom