New Bracket - UCONN 3 seed and falling. | The Boneyard

New Bracket - UCONN 3 seed and falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
www.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I know it means next to nothing but it is a slow week.
I really do not think it matters this year if we are a 1-4 seed- what matters is how much we have improved our defense when March roles around. From the round of 32 on anyone in the field can lose to anyone else on a given night.

Reaction Score
Seriously slow week, killing me... So sad looking forward to a game against Holy Cross this much...I have trouble believing Uconn will be lower than a 3 seed, probably a 2 if we play to or close to our potential. Would rather not be the team that has to play UNC in Greensboro, other than that, bring it

Anyone have some recruiting updates? Like maybe "Bennet and Noel commit to Uconn for next year... Do I hear back to back to back?".

That would be nice.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
if UCONN beats Syracuse (or L'ville, Marquette, Georgetown or Pitt) you can throw all that "falling" out the window. the UCF loss was a REALLY bad loss. it will be listed in the bad loss column come NCAA time. but that's usually only reserved for determining bubble teams. i really don't think we will find ourselves in that situation. i'd say the Harvard win "stabilized" us, but i'm no expert.

Reaction Score
Joey Brackets is a schlub. That UCF loss was great (and many other good teams have had wtf! losses) because otherwise the team would be ranked #1 or #2 with all the same problems but probably not the realization that the problems existed.

Reaction Score
Not sure why people always cite this guy, there are a bunch of "bracketolgists" that have been so much more accurate over the last 5 years.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Big who cares.

Not directed at OP but just at the general concept of bracketology in December. I know it's a slow week because of finals though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
if UCONN beats Syracuse (or L'ville, Marquette, Georgetown or Pitt) you can throw all that "falling" out the window. the UCF loss was a REALLY bad loss. it will be listed in the bad loss column come NCAA time. but that's usually only reserved for determining bubble teams. i really don't think we will find ourselves in that situation. i'd say the Harvard win "stabilized" us, but i'm no expert.
It was a qualified loss since the team did not have RB. But you are correct there is a lot of bb remaining and wins against the teams you mention will demonstrate how good this team can be. The most important thing is to see this team progressing. They still have a lot of things to work on, but I'm enjoying the ride. The last three games were an upgrade from the previous games.

Reaction Score
Why do you say "and falling"?
Because there's a red down arrow next to UConn. Which just means the 3 seed is lower than the seed they were at in the last projection Lunardi did.

Reaction Score
Because there's a red down arrow next to UConn. Which just means the 3 seed is lower than the seed they were at in the last projection Lunardi did.

Yeah, but "and falling" makes it sound like he (Scot-e) is predicting they'll go down more in the future.

Reaction Score
I wish I had those skills- I would be a gambling fool. It should have read "and heading in the wrong direction" or some such nonsense. I was very hungover when I posted this.

Reaction Score
Yawn, too early...

especially since Lunardi already projects Northwestern to be in the NCAA when they haven't played anyone legitimately good, since they will most likely finish 6-11th in the Big 10-11-12-w/e the heck it is today.

I am pulling for them to make the tourney, but that Big Ten might have 3-4 teams at the most in the tournament.

Reaction Score
All of that bracketology stuff Lunardi does now is completly worthless and means nothing until February. I dont know why they do that so early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom