new BOT Chair Thomas Kruger | The Boneyard

new BOT Chair Thomas Kruger

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It's odd to me that he appears to have no connection to UConn other than living in CT. I guess I always thought the BOT had connections to the school. Is this a paid position?

"He has been a member and chair of the Dean’s Advisory Board of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, and has also been active in his neighborhood and community. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan and a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School."

Reaction Score
It's odd to me that he appears to have no connection to UConn other than living in CT. I guess I always thought the BOT had connections to the school. Is this a paid position?

"He has been a member and chair of the Dean’s Advisory Board of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, and has also been active in his neighborhood and community. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan and a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School."
Damn. Is he gonna jump to Michigan when he gets a better offer?

Reaction Score
It's odd to me that he appears to have no connection to UConn other than living in CT. I guess I always thought the BOT had connections to the school.
FWIW, Larry McHugh has a Southern Connecticut State College degree. Then, consider Kruger's professional success, likely Harvard and Michigan contacts (JD and BA), Gold Coast contacts (think fundraising networking links for the Foundation), and relevant board experience on both UConn's BOT and other boards. In addition to the preceding, Kruger's external perspective likely trumps the dearth of insight many Connecticut alumni have regarding UConn's current status, its' potential, and its' role in the state's economy. From the Courant article:

"Kruger is a partner in the corporate practice of the international law firm of Paul Hastings LLP and is based in the firm’s New York office. He has served as a member of the UConn Board of Trustees since 2011 and has served as chairman of the board’s financial affairs committee for the last four years."

“Tom has a firm grasp on the vital role that UConn has in Connecticut as an economic driver for our state and its standing as one of the nation’s top-rated public universities,” Malloy said.

"In his professional work with Paul Hastings, Kruger focuses on corporate finance, securities law matters, and mergers and acquisitions, a statement from Malloy’s office said.
"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom