New book | The Boneyard

New book

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
Hello old friends! I haven't posted in many years...but I do drop in every so often to see what's happening. And yes - I'm still a huge fan and watch every game! I gave up my credentials a few years ago as I really had no business connection to the team. I'm posting today because this might interest you: Larry Rifkin (you remember him from UConn fundraising on CPTV) has just published a book. No Dead Air is a memoir that has chapters on how UConn Women's Basketball on CPTV came about. The book is available on Amazon. My best to you all!
1632779730082.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thank you for everything you and CPTV did, Harriet. You all were the reason we were able to see every UCONN game in the earlier years.

I have lived in California for over 30 years, and obviously could not get CPTV on cable out here, so my dad would actually tape the games and send me the VHS tapes. Later on, with technology changes, he would send me the DVD's of the games. It was always a fun day at my house when the UCONN games would show up in my mailbox!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hello old friends! I haven't posted in many years...but I do drop in every so often to see what's happening. And yes - I'm still a huge fan and watch every game! I gave up my credentials a few years ago as I really had no business connection to the team. I'm posting today because this might interest you: Larry Rifkin (you remember him from UConn fundraising on CPTV) has just published a book. No Dead Air is a memoir that has chapters on how UConn Women's Basketball on CPTV came about. The book is available on Amazon. My best to you all!
View attachment 69973
Thanks.

Reaction Score
I guess this is a day for memories. Thanks to you and Larry and CPTV, lots of us were able to stay hooked non UCONN WCBB even when we left the vicinity of CT. The best of times!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Harriet. I could have sworn that I had made a comic picture or two with you in it "back in the day" but I couldn't find any ... probably a good thing. ;)
But, I did find this screen capture from a CPTV broadcast circa December 2008 with you and Larry hawking another book from that time.

Good to hear from you. Be well.

mel_book2.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thank you for everything you and CPTV did, Harriet. You all were the reason we were able to see every UCONN game in the earlier years.

I have lived in California for over 30 years, and obviously could not get CPTV on cable out here, so my dad would actually tape the games and send me the VHS tapes. Later on, with technology changes, he would send me the DVD's of the games. It was always a fun day at my house when the UCONN games would show up in my mailbox!!
Ditto. CPTV back in 2008 was my portal to watch UConn WBB. I became a subscriber. Back then, it was the only way to see UConn games live on the west coast. The picture quality was not that great, and sometimes I had “freeze frame” problems, but it was better than the alternative. I will always be thankful for CPTV. Those where the days. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom