New Boneyard, Same Meltdowns | The Boneyard

New Boneyard, Same Meltdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm one of the biggest homers going, but what did you guys expect? A completely new system with giant question marks at RB and QB. You guys couldn't have possibly expected to coast through OOC and drop only 3-4 BEast games could you? Our hopes lie at the feet of a true freshman or a former walk-on.

While McE's stat line is completely inexcusable it's not like anyone should be shocked if this is a rebuilding year. Step back from the ledge guys, offensively it can't get much worse than this.

Reaction Score
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... that's some revolutionary thinking there. That's dangerous.

Reaction Score
Dolt,

it's The Boneyard.

what do you expect? :D

Reaction Score
I expected more than completely inept offense. And that is not unreasonable.

P. should have at Mac at halftime Period.

Reaction Score
We don't take kindly to non-postgame meltdowns around these parts, stranger.

Reaction Score
Our offense should not be worse than a D1AA offense - even in "Rebuilding Year"

Reaction Score

Do you realize how dumb a post like this is when we just played a D1AA team and scored 35 points and had plenty of yards of offense? Or does that fact just sail right over your head?

Reaction Score
Well I got to think that Nebrich must have had a temperature of 105 and McCummings must have caught bird flu on the sideline. That's why we got a steady diet of JM. HCPP really should explain his thinking for going with JM the w h o l e w a y.

Reaction Score
I'm one of the biggest homers going, but what did you guys expect? A completely new system with giant question marks at RB and QB. You guys couldn't have possibly expected to coast through OOC and drop only 3-4 BEast games could you? Our hopes lie at the feet of a true freshman or a former walk-on.

While McE's stat line is completely inexcusable it's not like anyone should be shocked if this is a rebuilding year. Step back from the ledge guys, offensively it can't get much worse than this.

Lolol. How many times did we say last year, "the QB play can't get any worse!"? Keep asking and we might just find out how it COULD get worse.

Reaction Score
I'm usually not one to make "sky is falling" posts after losses, but you gotta admit, that was pretty dam ugly offensive display tonight. When your defense scores two touchdowns and you lose that's pretty inexcusable.

Reaction Score
Do you realize how dumb a post like this is when we just played a D1AA team and scored 35 points and had plenty of yards of offense? Or does that fact just sail right over your head?
So maybe UConn should pull a Texas A & M and jump to the NEC like URI, and run up scores.

Reaction Score

Fordham is an awful 1AA team. Dont believe me? Go to their boards and see what they think about their own team. They only have 30 scholarship players and lost to a D2 school and newly formed 1AA school last year!

Reaction Score

Remember the response last year after we lost to Louisville 26-0. I think the overreaction was worse than this. "We're not going to win another game......."
They still managed to win every regular season game after that. If we beat Iowa State next week the reaction will be as positive as it is negative this week.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that you are referring to Elon. Most of this week many posters (due to what a few reporters stated) were discussing how Brown held most of the defensive playbook out of the Fordham game. Do you believe that it is possible that Vandy's staff did something similar in their game against Elon?

Reaction Score
Did you know that last week Vandy played a D1AA team who put up more yards and offensive points than we did, or does that fact sail right over your head?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that you are referring to Elon. Most of this week many posters (due to what a few reporters stated) were discussing how Brown held most of the defensive playbook out of the Fordham game. Do you believe that it is possible that Vandy's staff did something similar in their game against Elon?
I believe it's possible. I also believe that what we saw from the Vandy defense wasn't incredibly difficult to adjust to.

Is a quick slant even in the playbook?

Reaction Score
It looked like Nebrich might have been hurt. His leg was wrapped up in the second half.

Reaction Score

This is what a message board is for, ranting is better then throwing things in your house, and breaking a window, maybe have the cops called on you from your neighbor. What do you expect everyone to be happy. Its not like we lost to a power house SEC team like Florida, LSU, Bama, this is Vanderbilt we lost to.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Well you can't keep doing the same things if they are not working now can you. Just think UConn needed to make a change in the second half on offense.

Hope things change between now and Friday with the offense, because what we saw tonight is not good "even" compared to last year's offense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I expect a coaching staff that has as much experience as this one to be able to prepare a team well enough that they get 11 players on the field, a play called and in position in time to snap the ball.

I don't expect wild confusion on defense that allows a 40 yard TD run because they can't get the players on the field or a play call.

I don't expect a DELAY OF GAME FOLLOWED BY A TIMEOUT in a offensive goalline situation because there was absolute anarchy on the field. I'd prefer not to see the quarterback try to sprint off after first down to see the other quarterback standing on the sidelines and then realize he needs to turn around and go back. I'd really prefer not to run second and goal inside the 5 with a quarterback that you aren't going to let throw the ball allowing Vanderbilt to put 11 players in the box and swallow the play whole before it ever had a chance.

I'd really like to see enough football savvy to realize that your quarterback who has thrown a dozen balls in 7 quarters that have been intercepted or dropped interceptions probably shouldn't be putting the ball in the air up 7 with 7 minutes left.

If they just sucked that would be one thing. If the players just weren't good enough that is a reality you'd have to deal with. I'm pissed off because it was goddamned Amateur Hour on the sidelines all night.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if this is a rebuilding year, thats fine. you rebuild with your alreday burned red shirt true frosh stud out of hs, not a jr rs walk on. plain and simple.if last night happened and nebrich has yet to take a snap, ppl wouldn't be yelling as much becuase we would realize that he is rs. we would all then yell for kemba during the lockout to come back to finish school and play qb.

Reaction Score
I expect a coaching staff that has as much experience as this one to be able to prepare a team well enough that they get 11 players on the field, a play called and in position in time to snap the ball.

I don't expect wild confusion on defense that allows a 40 yard TD run because they can't get the players on the field or a play call.

I don't expect a DELAY OF GAME FOLLOWED BY A TIMEOUT in a offensive goalline situation because there was absolute anarchy on the field. I'd prefer not to see the quarterback try to sprint off after first down to see the other quarterback standing on the sidelines and then realize he needs to turn around and go back. I'd really prefer not to run second and goal inside the 5 with a quarterback that you aren't going to let throw the ball allowing Vanderbilt to put 11 players in the box and swallow the play whole before it ever had a chance.

I'd really like to see enough football savvy to realize that your quarterback who has thrown a dozen balls in 7 quarters that have been intercepted or dropped interceptions probably shouldn't be putting the ball in the air up 7 with 7 minutes left.

If they just sucked that would be one thing. If the players just weren't good enough that is a reality you'd have to deal with. I'm pissed off because it was goddamned Amateur Hour on the sidelines all night.

That about sums it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul