New Blaud - | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Blaud -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So really, if you factor in everything Uconn - budget wise, not exposure wise - will be on par with other ACC programs until about 2016 or 2017. And really, if we are sitting here on this board talking about this at that time then we are in deep .

Reaction Score
So really, if you factor in everything Uconn - budget wise, not exposure wise - will be on par with other ACC programs until about 2016 or 2017. And really, if we are sitting here on this board talking about this at that time then we are in deep .
Yup. Exactly. This buys us time.

Reaction Score
We have 3 ears to get out because of damage done to the brand, 5 years before they start bleeding money.

Remember, the ACC schools are still at $13m a year in TV contracts. AND, the ex-BEs had to pay to enter.

$23.5m for UConn in addition to $2m in TV contract money and, also, the BCS football money for next year (about $2m per school), means that UConn will average $9.75m over the next four years, which is much higher than it's been making.

Also don't forget the $25m in licensing fees pe year.

I also wonder if the $100m in $ includes the exit fees from Notre Dame, Rutgers, and Louisville. I don't think it would since ND hasn't even negotiated such fees, and Rutgers is suin the BE, nor has Louisville negotiated its exit.
Good question upstater. Esp. since Notre Dame has all but announced they want to be in the ACC or C7 for next year. They should have to pay what West Virginia paid...20 million to get out early.

Reaction Score

The exposure and prestige is far more important than the money.

Reaction Score
Then basically what you are saying BL is that after this coming season we are screwed

Reaction Score
Good question upstater. Esp. since Notre Dame has all but announced they want to be in the ACC or C7 for next year. They should have to pay what West Virginia paid...20 million to get out early.

ND is setting up a lawsuit, that's all they're doing. It's the only reasoning they are even mentioning this stuff about going to the C7. The C7 is on notice however by Aresco, that they will be party to a lawsuit if they mess with ND in such a fashion.

Reaction Score
Then basically what you are saying BL is that after this coming season we are screwed

No, there won't be a huge immediately noticeable change, but both recruiting and attendance will inevitably start sliding. Regardless of how long before we are being totally outspent, I figure if we are in conference limbo more than three years our programs will be damaged. Not forever, but once damaged it will take time to rebuild.

Reaction Score
No, there won't be a huge immediately noticeable change, but both recruiting and attendance will inevitably start sliding. Regardless of how long before we are being totally outspent, I figure if we are in conference limbo more than three years our programs will be damaged. Not forever, but once damaged it will take time to rebuild.

I tend to agree it will be damaged, but I won't be surprised if we keep on firing on all cylinders either. If Josh Pastner can get a high level of recruit, maybe Ollie can too. A couple NBA all-stars who have nothing to do with UConn (Durant and James) have mentioned speaking highly to high school players about Kevin Ollie. If Ollie can keep that kind of buzz going, he may pull a lot of good kids to Uconn. And if he can coach talent the way he coached this year's team, it may be enough to maintain the standards.

Also, UConn will need to win nearly all its games next year in conference. No let downs against the lower teams, needs to go at least 4-2 against Cincy, Temple and Memphis.

A 3 or 4 loss UConn team could be ranked in the top 10 for much of the year.

That might enable them to pull in some studs for the following year.

Reaction Score
, but just reiterating names matter and the brand we are now with is a second class brand. (Flipping through stations I pause a lot shorter at Tulane vs Houston football than even current ACC football (that i hate) and how many of you have actually stopped to watch a Conference USA basketball game in last 5 years?

Yet, you would bolt out the door in a N.Y. minute if tobacco road came calling, the irony of it all

Reaction Score
Yet, you would bolt out the door in a N.Y. minute if tobacco road came calling, the irony of it all

Either you don't understand what he wrote or you don't know what the word irony means.

Reaction Score
We have 3 ears to get out because of damage done to the brand, 5 years before they start bleeding money.

Remember, the ACC schools are still at $13m a year in TV contracts. AND, the ex-BEs had to pay to enter.

$23.5m for UConn in addition to $2m in TV contract money and, also, the BCS football money for next year (about $2m per school), means that UConn will average $9.75m over the next four years, which is much higher than it's been making.

I also wonder if the $100m in $ includes the exit fees from Notre Dame, Rutgers, and Louisville. I don't think it would since ND hasn't even negotiated such fees, and Rutgers is suin the BE, nor has Louisville negotiated its exit.

Even assuming the 13 M low figure for the ACC is correct and I understand it is an average of 17.1 million, not currently 17.1 million, its just hard to follow how the averaging works and where exactly it stands and what exactly was added for louisville, Cuse and Pitt (an additional 1 to 2 M could have been immediate or could have been added to the average, who knows?). Wouldn't you have to include our severely under market contract of the last 3 years (at least) relative to the ACC or other conferences?

So assuming for the sake of analysis the ACC schools are getting 13m, shouldn't it be backdated to 2010 when the initial ESPN K was executed, so those schools other than the newest defectors have already been paid 39 or 26 depending on how, when distributions are made, while we have been receiving 3.18 for a total of a little under 10 (or a little over 6)? Or if you really want to be miserable go back further than that as I still think the ACC pre-2010 K was about double the BE K at that time.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Even assuming the 13 M low figure for the ACC is correct and I understand it is an average of 17.1 million, not currently 17.1 million, its just hard to follow how the averaging works and where exactly it stands and what exactly was added for louisville, Cuse and Pitt (an additional 1 to 2 M could have been immediate or could have been added to the average, who knows?). .

At least 70% of the new contract was due to an additional 3 years on the contract and granting additional media rights. SU and Pitt were used more as leverage to re-open the contract and extend it which was the source of much of the ACC bickering before the Orange Bowl, playoffs, and ND alignment fell in the ACCs favor.

The backloaded nature of these contracts is where the bickering was at. The first 12 years were marginally higher than the announced 2010 contract. Adding 3 years with a contract built on yearly 5% raises results in something like a 35% increase in the average per year.

from the release
The ACC behind the scenes is using IMG's Barry Frank and Wasserman Media Group for consultation and analysis.

Reaction Score

There is also the $1.1 million form the women's hoops contract with SNY. Agreed that this soes not seem to include the exit fees for football. From a ffinancial standpoint it should give the school a nice cushion.

Reaction Score
At least 70% of the new contract was due to an additional 3 years on the contract and granting additional media rights. SU and Pitt were used more as leverage to re-open the contract and extend it which was the source of much of the ACC bickering before the Orange Bowl, playoffs, and ND alignment fell in the ACCs favor.

The backloaded nature of these contracts is where the bickering was at. The first 12 years were marginally higher than the announced 2010 contract. Adding 3 years with a contract built on yearly 5% raises results in something like a 35% increase in the average per year.

from the release
The ACC behind the scenes is using IMG's Barry Frank and Wasserman Media Group for consultation and analysis.

are you quoting this: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/02/06/Colleges/ACC-TV.aspx

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What good is the name to our new conference? MSG would not want us to play there anyway. Get some money for it and move on. That is clearly the theme...moving on. Getting to the next stage sooner rather than later.

Because it has value not only to the unbranded league, but the remnants of the ACC when 5/8ths of that group amd 3/4th of the merged group is former BE teams who might like playing at MSG.

Long term vs. short term thinking. The C-7 will be fine branding wise. Why let then ride our coattails for eternity and c-block our own branding efforts. The BE has a drop down and blog on ESPN. Maybe that changes, maybe the C-7 slides into that webspace exposure. No need to make it easier. (This is not about the actual webpage)

He updated just now: C7 will get about 10-15 million of 100 million in accrued fees. Each newcomer will get about a million to not leave, I guess. BE admin will take 5 million for incompetence fee/administrative costs. UConn, USF and Cincy to split remaining 70 million. C7 gets name, arguing remains over future split of ncaa credits.

Numbers seem OK for legacy distribution. Now, what are you paying us to break the 27 month rule? What are you offering for the trademarks that I am not selling?

At least someone else gets it.

The exposure and prestige is far more important than the money.

And this is why we keep the name and MSG, even if we can't or don't intend to use them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
There is also the $1.1 million form the women's hoops contract with SNY. Agreed that this soes not seem to include the exit fees for football. From a ffinancial standpoint it should give the school a nice cushion.

I think the women's contract is included in the $24.75m licensing revenue. IMG is only $8m of that. So, the women would be included in the total figure.

Reaction Score
Even assuming the 13 M low figure for the ACC is correct and I understand it is an average of 17.1 million, not currently 17.1 million, its just hard to follow how the averaging works and where exactly it stands and what exactly was added for louisville, Cuse and Pitt (an additional 1 to 2 M could have been immediate or could have been added to the average, who knows?). Wouldn't you have to include our severely under market contract of the last 3 years (at least) relative to the ACC or other conferences?

So assuming for the sake of analysis the ACC schools are getting 13m, shouldn't it be backdated to 2010 when the initial ESPN K was executed, so those schools other than the newest defectors have already been paid 39 or 26 depending on how, when distributions are made, while we have been receiving 3.18 for a total of a little under 10 (or a little over 6)? Or if you really want to be miserable go back further than that as I still think the ACC pre-2010 K was about double the BE K at that time.

I'm actually simply repeating something Fishy wrote a month back. He broke it down in greater detail.

Reaction Score
Now, what are you paying us to break the 27 month rule? What are you offering for the trademarks that I am not selling?

The Catholics have a different deal than the football schools that are left. I don't think they are beholden to the same 27 month rule or exit fees.

As it's written, they can leave scot-free. The thing that snagged their attempts to threaten dissolution was that they can't dissolve the league if it impacts the football entity, and that prevented them from leaving with a hoard of assets. but they can leave when they want, no exit fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom