New Article on Louisville Home-Home Series... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Article on Louisville Home-Home Series...

Reaction Score
Good point. Maybe Geno can slick his hair back and talk sweet to her and she will play one game. Why not take a shot at stopping another UCONN streak.
Good point. Maybe Geno can slick his hair back and talk sweet to her and she will play one game. Why not take a shot at stopping another UCONN streak.
Slick his hair back--West Side Story was NY not Philly--gotti think about that one!!
But he and his team were snapping their fingers as they enter Maryland's arena

Reaction Score
Actually the UCLA game is for me. It costs money to fly to Dallas for the SMU game. Although the drive to UCLA can be as long as a flight to Dallas.
You may never get there with the traffic. At one time I called the LI express the LI parking lot --and that was fast compared to the LA traffic.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Louisville could have a top-5 team next year.

That's right, he could have. That remains to be seen. At the beginning of this season, I predicted that NO TEAM (including UConn) would go undefeated this year. Except for the Huskies, I was right!!! None of us saw this coming (21-0).

It's too early to start making predictions for next year, however, I have no fear. Making BOLD predictions is what I do. Based on everything I have at my disposal, I will boldly take an intrepid journey as far out on a limb as I can, to this end: Next year's team will be a lot more formidable that THIS year's team. Deeper, more experienced, and more talented. Other programs know this. As unimaginable as it may seem, next year's team has the potential of going undefeated the entire season, including the post season tournaments. Don't be surprised when this happens. There are many other posters here that are of that same opinion. The BIG gap that separated UConn from the rest of WCBB the last 3 years, returns. Next year's team will check all the boxes checked, i.e.; talent, experience, depth, and leadership. We can also assume that Geno will expect more from next year's team than he did for this one.

There of course will be the inevitable banter and criticism across the land about UConn, and how it's total and complete domination of WCBB is bad for the game. I can hear the crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth now. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, UConn's going to Toronto for Kia's farewell, and is UCLA as close as they can get for Gabby?

But: Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor?
Did Kim figure she'd steal a game this year, before reinforcements arrived at UConn next year?

View attachment 19397
As I have noted a few times, 2018 is the next UConn vs. Baylor matchup in Waco.

Reaction Score
As I have noted a few times, 2018 is the next UConn vs. Baylor matchup in Waco.
I'm old enough that I can't be reminded enough. Thanks for this time, and for the next time....

Reaction Score
Not sure how much closer Geno can find a game near Gabby's home.

Appreciate the info on Baylor H-H.
Nevada-Reno is basically in her home town (Sparks); this year they are something like 8-12.

Reaction Score
It's actually for Gabby, the senior (a couple hrs from Sparks, NV).
Did Geno say that? It seems odd that UCLA would be considered Gabby's home coming game since it is only 40 miles from Lou's house and 500+ miles from Gabby's. I'm thinking Gabby isn't getting one, at least not specifically for her. Maybe UCLA is for her and Lou. If the team is going west next season, I'd guess that means it's unlikely they will do so in Lou's senior season since they seem to do a west coast trip roughly once every 3 years (2017-18, 2014-15, 2010-11, 2007-08, 2004-05).

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not everyone gets a home game. It's nice when it happens. I was waiting for Iowa or Iowa State game for Kiah Stokes but didn't happen.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not everyone gets a home game. It's nice when it happens. I was waiting for Iowa or Iowa State game for Kiah Stokes but didn't happen.

I'm sure UConn makes overtures to the local schools of it's soon to be seniors, but many of them just aren't feeling UConn coming into their building and putting a 40-50 point loss on them for the sake of one of UConn's players. Quentin Hillsman (Syracuse/Breanna Stewart) sure didn't!! He wasn't feeling it at all. All they can do is ask.

Reaction Score
With Gabby, of course there is the hometown team, the U of Nevada Wolfpack i think they call themselves.... or do the thing they did 5 yrs ago and played U of Pacific in California... that is an hour or two from Sparks.... there will be ample opportunity to do something for Gabby she deserves it......

Ya know, a bit off topic... but holy gamoly..... thinking of Kim and her usual artful dodge of formidable teams.... it is incredible what our team has accomplished this year.... and looking at next year, with recruits plus Camara and Stevens.... LOOK OUT!!! INCOMING!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure UConn makes overtures to the local schools of it's soon to be seniors, but many of them just aren't feeling UConn coming into their building and putting a 40-50 point loss on them for the sake of one of UConn's players. Quentin Hillsman (Syracuse/Breanna Stewart) sure didn't!! He wasn't feeling it at all. All they can do is ask.
Yes Q really ran from that one didn't he? I thought it was a classless move..... we were talking a prop game for a hometown gal... and the Carrier Dome would have been so much better than the Colgate court.... but hey as they say, you can lead a horse to drink but you can't make him water.

Carnac

Reaction Score
With Gabby, of course there is the hometown team, the U of Nevada Wolfpack i think they call themselves.... or do the thing they did 5 yrs ago and played U of Pacific in California... that is an hour or two from Sparks.... there will be ample opportunity to do something for Gabby she deserves it.

Ya know, a bit off topic... but holy gamoly..... thinking of Kim and her usual artful dodge of formidable teams.... it is incredible what our team has accomplished this year.... and looking at next year, with recruits plus Camara and Stevens.... LOOK OUT!!! INCOMING!!!

Sacramento State, UC Davis and University of the Pacific (Stockton) in this order, would be the next closest schools to Sparks, if they can't schedule Nevada Reno. Anything other than Nev-Reno would not be a true homecoming game for Gabby. Maybe UConn could sweeten the pot a little bit. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes Q really ran from that one didn't he? I thought it was a classless move..... we were talking a prop game for a hometown gal... and the Carrier Dome would have been so much better than the Colgate court.... but hey as they say, you can lead a horse to drink but you can't make him water.

Yes, and he knows Stewie personally. She attended a few of his basketball camps in her younger days.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had seen some speculation that UCLA was Gabby's homecoming game, albeit a somewhat distant homecoming. There are other reasons of course to play UCLA. They are a very tough ranked team and there are a lot of very talented HS bball players on the west coast. I am certain Geno wants to keep the DT/KML/Lou pipeline flowing into Storrs.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How about if we relax until the COMPLETE SCHEDULE comes out and then I am sure a reporter will ask him. I would be shocked if he didn't do something for her.

Reaction Score
Well, it turns out that UConn did manage to catch up with Syracuse in April. It might (probably not, but might) have made Syracuse more competitive then if they had already played UConn earlier. I'd at least like to think that, as emotional payback for being so nasty about not celebrating Stewie.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
How about if we relax until the COMPLETE SCHEDULE comes out and then I am sure a reporter will ask him. I would be shocked if he didn't do something for her.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this? I'm actually a pretty chill poster. Not a lot bothers me. I was simply stating a fact. Not everyone gets a home game. No big deal. Is what is.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, it turns out that UConn did manage to catch up with Syracuse in April. It might (probably not, but might) have made Syracuse more competitive then if they had already played UConn earlier. I'd at least like to think that, as emotional payback for being so nasty about not celebrating Stewie.
It would have been fantastic if Stewie could have had her homecoming game at the Carrier Dome, but I understand Q's reluctance to play UConn.

If you're a top 5-10 team, you want to test yourself against the best, but if you're trying to build your program, as Syracuse was, it serves no useful purpose to get blown out on your home court by 40 pts.

At the beginning of last season Q probably hoped he had a pretty good team, but realistically I doubt he believed they could make a run to the national championship. The Orange surprised everyone and Stewie ended up with a homecoming of sorts in Indianapolis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom