New Article on Louisville Home-Home Series... | The Boneyard

New Article on Louisville Home-Home Series...

Reaction Score
...and other stuff (having Crystal Dangerfield back, Kia's ankle, Geno's Philly homecoming, etc.)

UConn gets Louisville back on schedule

"...schedule for next season is not complete but is expected to include home games with Louisville, Maryland, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma, road games against DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Texas, and UCLA, and neutral site games with Michigan State in Eugene, Oregon, and with Duquesne in Toronto, Canada."

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
"According to Jim Fuller of the New Haven Register, Atkinson -- who is from New Haven is the first Connecticut native to score at least 20 points against UConn since St. John's Da'Shena Stevens of Stamford had 27 for the Red Storm at Carnesecca Arena on Feb. 11, 2009. Stevens' younger sister is UConn's Azura' Stevens, who is sitting out this season after transferring from Duke ... "

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused...if Da'Shena Stevens is from Stamford and supposedly her younger sister is Azurá, how is it Z isn't from CT then? Is there info out there someone knows and I dont? It's not rare for siblings to grow up in diferent states (parental divorce or other situations) but something about this comment just seems odd and not correct.

Anyone know more?

Reaction Score
"According to Jim Fuller of the New Haven Register, Atkinson -- who is from New Haven is the first Connecticut native to score at least 20 points against UConn since St. John's Da'Shena Stevens of Stamford had 27 for the Red Storm at Carnesecca Arena on Feb. 11, 2009. Stevens' younger sister is UConn's Azura' Stevens, who is sitting out this season after transferring from Duke ... "

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused...if Da'Shena Stevens is from Stamford and supposedly her younger sister is Azurá, how is it Z isn't from CT then? Is there info out there someone knows and I dont? It's not rare for siblings to grow up in diferent states (parental divorce or other situations) but something about this comment just seems odd and not correct.

Anyone know more?
Z's roster bio on the UConn site says she's from Pawtucket (although high school in Raleigh, NC), mentions sister Da'Shena playing and coaching at St. John's.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: Azurá Stevens Bio :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Women's Basketball

Reaction Score
Glad to see UConn loading up with some top competition. Even happier to contemplate the quality of next year's team: one of the best recruiting classes of all time+the unbenching of Azura and Batouly+the return of the core of this year's team. This season we expected a set-back or two; next year no one will touch the dawgs.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Z's roster bio on the UConn site says she's from Pawtucket (although high school in Raleigh, NC), mentions sister Da'Shena playing and coaching at St. John's.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: Azurá Stevens Bio :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Women's Basketball

Thanks for the heads up! Never ever knew that. Looked up her bio:
Da'Shena Stevens Bio - RedStormSports.com: St. John's University Athletics Official Athletic Site St. John's University Athletics Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

They have different mothers. Explains why Z was in N.C while her sister remained in CT.

Mystery solved!

Reaction Score
So, UConn's going to Toronto for Kia's farewell, and is UCLA as close as they can get for Gabby?

But: Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor?
Did Kim figure she'd steal a game this year, before reinforcements arrived at UConn next year?

taunting.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is a home & home set up with Baylor, so there should also be a game in Waco next year.

Reaction Score
So, UConn's going to Toronto for Kia's farewell, and is UCLA as close as they can get for Gabby?

But: Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor? Where is Baylor?
Did Kim figure she'd steal a game this year, before reinforcements arrived at UConn next year?

View attachment 19397
I'm guessing the UCLA game is for KLS.

Reaction Score
It's actually for Gabby, the senior (a couple hrs from Sparks, NV).
Sparks is over 450 miles from LA.

BTW I think there is a H-H agreement with Baylor, but we're skipping next season, resuming the following season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sparks is over 450 miles from LA.

BTW I think there is a H-H agreement with Baylor, but we're skipping next season, resuming the following season.
Not sure how much closer Geno can find a game near Gabby's home.

Appreciate the info on Baylor H-H.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Glad to see UConn loading up with some top competition. Even happier to contemplate the quality of next year's team: one of the best recruiting classes of all time+the unbenching of Azura and Batouly+the return of the core of this year's team. This season we expected a set-back or two; next year no one will touch the dawgs.

FYI it is incorrect, practically apostate to spell Dawgs without a capital D. They are The Dawgs.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
...and other stuff (having Crystal Dangerfield back, Kia's ankle, Geno's Philly homecoming, etc.)

"...schedule for next season is not complete but is expected to include home games with Louisville, Maryland, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma, road games against DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Texas, and UCLA, and neutral site games with Michigan State in Eugene, Oregon, and with Duquesne in Toronto, Canada."

I've heard others say on this forum that the Baylor return game will be delayed a season until 2017-18.

So I take it that the following series may not be renewed: Florida State, Kansas State, LSU, Dayton, Chattanooga, Dayton, Nebraska?

Reaction Score

Looks doable.

Reaction Score
I, for one, am looking forward to watch UConn humiliate Jeff and his team with UConn's next years team. He did not want to play UConn after the old Big East broke up. Now he can get his chance to match a top ACC against the best of the AAC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How about the University of Nevada in Reno?
Sure, but not every team wants to get buried by the Huskies just so some UConn senior can have a homecoming game. I am reminded that Colgate was the sacrificial lamb for Stewie's homecoming last year, and after the season the coach was fired.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stanford or Cal are relatively close. Two hundred or 250 miles away.
Here again, do they want to play UConn? Tara ended the UConn series after they beat the Huskies 96 games ago, and as far as I know, she has no desire to restart it. Don't have any idea about Cal.

Reaction Score
Here again, do they want to play UConn? Tara ended the UConn series after they beat the Huskies 96 games ago, and as far as I know, she has no desire to restart it. Don't have any idea about Cal.
Good point. Maybe Geno can slick his hair back and talk sweet to her and she will play one game. Why not take a shot at stopping another UCONN streak.

Reaction Score

While I hope you are correct--I tend to never say never (or at least not often)--Uconn in the past and now makes winning night in and night out--look EASY. It just is not easy! Even with all the talent available. I hope for the best--and don't expect 100 percent wins.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I, for one, am looking forward to watch UConn humiliate Jeff and his team with UConn's next years team. He did not want to play UConn after the old Big East broke up. Now he can get his chance to match a top ACC against the best of the AAC.

Louisville could have a top-5 team next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom