New Arena Prototype | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Arena Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You are my favorite poster.

If you want you can put your seat close to my side. Not on it, but closer than the rest. (They have germs and more than likely, bugs.)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The "Not a Dime Back" Memorial Court. Has a nice ring to it, someone get on the phones!
So no Geno? Hall of fame court or something along those lines

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not saying I don't like gampel, it does need a facelift though. Around 14,000 seating. Students behind both hoops. And make the seating as if it looks as its one continuous sea of people. Make the lighting so we can dim it during intros.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd like to see the retired numbers on the ceiling like stars.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I really like the Pitt setup with the glass front at the court level. I say put our trophy case on the floor opposite the cameras so you see them at all times.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Or since this is all pie in the sky, laser print a banner on each lower bowl section so the chairs look like a giant banner when nobody's in them.

Reaction Score
I'd say students lining 3 of the 4 sides of the court (behind both hoops and behind the benches), a feel like MSG where every seat is a great seat and none of those upper decks like at XL where you basically have to watch on a TV. Ample banner space, retired numbers, a nice screen at center court above the court, modern design but maybe a wink at the ceiling tiles of Gampel

Reaction Score
What are everyone's thoughts on the raised courts like Vandy?

I would just model it after MSG because that fits perfectly for hockey and basketball, unfortunately there will always be a need for makeshift seats because the ice is so much larger than the court.

Reaction Score
I've said it before, I would prefer an on-campus arena in the 12K range, which is large enough to be intimidating and give folks the change to go; but, not so large that it is cavernous and periodically empty when a blizzard hits while Fairleigh Dickinson is visiting. As I am realistic, I would go with a dual purpose arena as the state likely can't afford 2 on-campus venues plus whatever happens with the XL. Couple of ideas:
  • Wrap about 2K seats between the hockey boards and the basketball court and that is where the students goes except for the area right behind the visitor's bench (too easy to cause trouble) and the press area (they have to be able to hear their own BS)
  • Behind the boards is where the big donors and other VIP's, I hate them; but, it it generates $$ for UConn, even tuck in a 2 to 4 boxes opposite the press and bench area to provide premium seating
  • Each end of the area should have an 'open' feeling, maybe 16 feet high before the seating kicks in and those two areas link tot eh main concourse
  • Above the main entrance; but the family section seating
  • At the same level as the open areas (midway) is where the rest of the suites should go with a wide concourse running behind them under the seating except for the two ends
  • Opposite the main entrance, include a bar to allow people to walk around, drink & watch the game
  • A second concourse should be up high, maybe even link each side with a bridge like MSG
  • Leave lots of space on the said catwalk for many, many, NCAA men's basketball, women's basketball, and hockey title banners to be hung, heck, may need two catwalks

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I really like the Pitt setup with the glass front at the court level. I say put our trophy case on the floor opposite the cameras so you see them at all times.

So you'd rather have three luxury suites at center court behind the benches rather than students?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd like to see a video board the same size as what's in the Toyota Center/Pepsi Center/Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
So you'd rather have three luxury suites at center court behind the benches rather than students?
Students on the other side.

Reaction Score
A balcony overhanging the visitor bench to facilitate a rain of popcorn at strategic times.

Reaction Score
You like that ECU court design too, eh?
I do, but i was thinking going the OSU route. So simple and clean, replace the "O" with the Husky, replace the Buckeyes in the corners with acorns and......... keep the B1G logo
new-ohio-state-basketball-court.jpeg.pagespeed.ce.5vYVoow0bV.jpg

Reaction Score
I do, but i was thinking going the OSU route. So simple and clean, replace the "O" with the Husky, replace the Buckeyes in the corners with acorns and.... keep the B1G logo
new-ohio-state-basketball-court.jpeg.pagespeed.ce.5vYVoow0bV.jpg

What about keeping the state shadow in place behind the husky, except instead of the image of Connecticut, show New England and New York State instead? One, bet the B1G would find that interesting and two, the volcanoes erupting in Chestnut Hill and Western NY would be entertaining.

Reaction Score
I have to say I really like ECU's center court design, when we were playing there I said I would like to adopt that, have our current husky logo but only within the confines of the state outline. I think it makes sense for us (as UConn is kind of the center of the world for connecticut) but less sense at a school with a regional prefix like ECU

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm on board with the state outline and our logo in the middle. I also wouldn't mind the football eyes at center court, either.

Ya know, for continuity and all.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
UConn just did a massive rebranding; there's no way they mess with the logo at center court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom