New AP WCBB Top 25 list | The Boneyard

New AP WCBB Top 25 list

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Do you think Tenn belongs in the top 10?

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Why is UNC below UT?
UTenn beat the Heels back in early November because they didn't want to be beaten by a bunch of freshmen. Head to head, that's all that matters in rankings, except when it doesn't.

But to be fair to the voters, UNC was in the midst of a 3-game skid two weeks ago, lost to Miami, and has more losses than UTenn with a much worse rated SOS. But UNC has done better against the top teams and should be ahead of the Vols now.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Finally RU comes back in at a time where I really think we've turned the corner. After coming back from 9 with under 2 minutes to go and to win at the buzzer at SMU.....we've really played two back to back amazing games....they might have been against the bottom of the AAC....but we've played the best we probably could have played in the last two games. Averaging 82 points a game, and only giving up 45. Also in our last game against UCF, we shot 60% for the game.

Now we'll really see if we've turned a corner since our only game this week is at L'ville. So hopefully some pay back is in order.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Do you think Tenn belongs in the top 10?

No, but I predicted they wouldn't drop below 10. The voters will fight a drop below ten as long as possible.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Finally RU comes back in at a time where I really think we've turned the corner. After coming back from 9 with under 2 minutes to go and to win at the buzzer at SMU.....we've really played two back to back amazing games....they might have been against the bottom of the AAC....but we've played the best we probably could have played in the last two games. Averaging 82 points a game, and only giving up 45. Also in our last game against UCF, we shot 60% for the game.

Now we'll really see if we've turned a corner since our only game this week is at L'ville. So hopefully some pay back is in order.

Nice to see RU made it. Staying will be tough.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Eights teams moved four or more spots.

I don't know if anyone keeps track of this, but that sounds like a lot, especially at this time of year.

Partially answering my own question:

The number of teams moving four or more spots in weeks 16-19 in 2012-13

1,4, 2, 3

so 8 is a lot.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Ah, it would seem the Tennessee mystique is alive and well....

Reaction Score
Nice to see RU made it. Staying will be tough.
RU's a very young team who probably won't reach their stride until late next yr going forward but is the AAC so bad that the 3rd best team isn't top 25 worthy this yr? I really think the SOS in the American and 2 early season losses to weak teams by 1 pt is killing them !?! With UConn and L'ville on the schedule I would hope even 2 more decent losses will keep them there or up their ranking a little?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
AAC SOS isn't so much the problem as the fact that Rutgers has played 14 of its 18 conference games so far against the bottom half teams of the AAC. Last four are all against the top half teams, so that should help Rutgers some. How much the loss to a 320+ team will hurt at selection time is hard to say since it occurred a long time ago.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UTenn is rated 6-7-8-9-10 respectively in RPI- Moore -Sagarin - Massey -Nolan, so I think everyone is in agreement about where the Vols should be.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UTenn is rated 6-7-8-9-10 respectively in RPI- Moore -Sagarin - Massey -Nolan, so I think everyone is in agreement about where the Vols should be.
Who's everyone. My complicated system has them rated 17.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Who's everyone. My complicated system has them rated 17.
As you may have noticed, we have a 5 card run going, so to keep the consecutive stuff in swing we're going to need 6 more everyones to weigh in at the 11-12-13-14-15-16 spots before we can remove you from the nobody section and move you in as an accredited expert.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As you may have noticed, we have a 5 card run going, so to keep the consecutive stuff in swing we're going to need 6 more everyones to weigh in at the 11-12-13-14-15-16 spots before we can remove you from the nobody section and move you in as an accredited expert.
But my formula is foolproof.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
But my formula is foolproof.
So you have the team that is rated 216th in turnover margin up at 17th in your ranking system? That sound very dubious to me, and I'm afraid you'll have to stay in the nobody section until you can prove that you aren't using some fuzzy logic computation system.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Hey DR - you are stealing Al Gore's line! Oh no- that was "fuzzy math"!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So you have the team that is rated 216th in turnover margin up at 17th in your ranking system? That sound very dubious to me, and I'm afraid you'll have to stay in the nobody section until you can prove that you aren't using some fuzzy logic computation system.
I'll share my formula, but you can't tell anyone.

I start by adding the rankings available together.
I add in the turnover margin (last minute addition).
I subtract the number of brain cells on The Summitt.

Since that last calculation resulted in no change, I divide by the 33 pages of boneyard posts in the SEC complaint against Uconn.

Somehow I came up with 17.

I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member