New AP top 25 | The Boneyard

New AP top 25

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
  • Baylor drops from #2 to tied with FSU for #4.
  • Texas rises from #11 to #8.
  • UCLA drops from #15 to #18.
  • Texas A&M enters at #23.
  • Tennessee drops from #24 to the 27th spot in the polling.
  • Arizona State drops from #23 to just outside the top 25.
  • Drake enters at #25, just barely edging out Arizona State for the last spot.
AP Women's College Basketball Poll Week 15

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hate the Drake.

This is the part I don't get. ASU loses on the road to a top-10 team, so that means #23 is too high for them? Meanwhile, Drake just played a team in the 200s and another in the 300s, and that means they're good enough for the top 25? SMH

Reaction Score
IMO Maryland should not be in the top 10 as they have played no one. If it wasn't for a sick uconn team they've played no one in the top 10. I don't see them even getting past the sweet 16 in the tournament. How does Brenda think this week schedule prepares them for the tourney?

Reaction Score
This is the part I don't get. ASU loses on the road to a top-10 team, so that means #23 is too high for them? Meanwhile, Drake just played a team in the 200s and another in the 300s, and that means they're good enough for the top 25? SMH

The win=move up / lose=move down philosophy is too ingrained in everyone, unfortunately. Even worse in Coaches poll.

Reaction Score
That Texas team I saw against Baylor is underrated. Joiner Holmes is scary.

Reaction Score
Texas vs FSU this afternoon should be good to determine whose is real. Maryland is overrated as #2. SC position will depend on how they play against UConn tonight. SC and Mississipi St could be 2 and 3, even if SC loses to Uconn.

Reaction Score
  • Baylor drops from #2 to tied with FSU for #4.

Wait, what the .....? I've been out of the loop being so busy the past week. Can someone fill me in on what happened with Baylor against Texas?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Agree the Maryland has played a weak schedule. However, they deserve to be in the Top 10. By my eye test they are a Top 5/6 Team. IMO they could beat any of the teams in the Top 25. They would have the most problems with Baylor and UConn.

IMO Maryland should not be in the top 10 as they have played no one. If it wasn't for a sick uconn team they've played no one in the top 10. I don't see them even getting past the sweet 16 in the tournament. How does Brenda think this week schedule prepares them for the tourney?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wait, what the ....? I've been out of the loop being so busy the past week. Can someone fill me in on what happened with Baylor against Texas?
They lost and dropped to 2nd in conference. Put some doubt in some folks mind, looks like.

They are still one of the best teams in the country after UConn. To be sorted out. One game does not a season make.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The win=move up / lose=move down philosophy is too ingrained in everyone, unfortunately. Even worse in Coaches poll.
I only mildly agree with that. Texas had a 2-4 record and were solidly top 20. Anything from 16-30 does it really matter on rank?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Drake has 4 losses and 2 of them are to teams not likely right now to make the Dance. The other two losses, Creighton and Green Bay are likely to dance, but nowhere near a top seed. I dont think they have beat a team this year that is likely to be in the dance. Why the love for them?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I believe so too but if they stay ranked it will help Maryland's RPI albeit not much.

The "rankings" (i.e., the AP or coaches' polls) have no effect on the RPI. Ohio State is currently #27 in the RPI.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Drake has 4 losses and 2 of them are to teams not likely right now to make the Dance. The other two losses, Creighton and Green Bay are likely to dance, but nowhere near a top seed. I dont think they have beat a team this year that is likely to be in the dance. Why the love for them?

The polls are known for overvaluing a gaudy win-loss record and undervaluing strength of schedule. In 2014-15, Princeton went undefeated in its regular season, but its best two wins were over bubble teams, one that made the tournament (Pitt) and one that didn't (Michigan). Still, they entered both polls in early January and climbed all the way to #13 by March. But the committee made them an 8-seed (theoretically between #29 and #32).

Plebe

Reaction Score

In fairness to Drake, the other two losses were to Auburn (currently projected to get an at-large bid, but trending down since their win over Tennessee) and Iowa State (a team that almost beat Mississippi State and did beat WVU in Morgantown). And Drake does have a win over Iowa, a team very squarely on the bubble right now.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Baylor just has not looked right lately. I watched them play TCU yesterday. I feel like Mulkey plays the sideline with more energy than the lady bears play the game in some stretches. I can't figure out what the issue is but they seem off.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I believe so too but if they stay ranked it will help Maryland's RPI albeit not much.

Well the main reason I say they are overranked.. is because the polls still have them higher than Duke :mad:Head bang :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom