10. Kentucky (up from 14)

11. Arizona State (up from 13)
12. Stanford (down from 11)
13. Texas A&M (down from 10)
14. Texas (down from 8)
15. Nebraska (up from 16)

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

Reaction Score
I think TAMU is overranked. So that of course means they'll prove me wrong and beat SC tonight.

Nice to see the pollsters start to wake up on the PAC teams and Florida St!

Reaction Score
I think Louisville is where it should be at...last week's No 4 position is kind of a wacko,

Personally i would rank Oregon State ahead of both Maryland and Tennessee

Reaction Score
I think Louisville is where it should be at...last week's No 4 position is kind of a wacko,

Personally i would rank Oregon State ahead of both Maryland and Tennessee

You know that tenn beat ore st, right?

Reaction Score
Vowelguy, I've been reading the boneyard for about 4 years and your posts are always so refreshing. You are always stoic and never let your fandom effect your post. Not to mention all the number crunching that you do for all us wcbb fans.

Reaction Score
the voters never look at the schedules, just the records, so why does everyone treat the polls like they are facts ?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
the voters never look at the schedules, just the records, so why does everyone treat the polls like they are facts ?
If that were true, why isn't Princeton number 1?

mr006

Reaction Score
If that were true, why isn't Princeton number 1?
Because 18-0 beats 17-0 :). And Princeton is gonna spot SC a couple more games, before they start playing again...

And no, I'm not about to stump for them to take the #2 spot either ;)

Reaction Score
Albany: UConn, Maryland, Louisville, Kentucky
Gboro: SoCar, Fla St, Ariz St, Okla
OKC: Baylor, Tenn, Stan, Duke
Spok: ND, Ore St, Miss St, Iowa

Reaction Score
Albany: UConn, Maryland, Louisville, Kentucky
Gboro: SoCar, Fla St, Ariz St, Okla
OKC: Baylor, Tenn, Stan, Duke
Spok: ND, Ore St, Miss St, Iowa
I hope Princeton gets in that OKC bracket you have there. They can win that one.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not much easier than the AAC...
I guess a case could be made for #116 Penn and #138 Cornell and #156 Yale being better than #18 USF and #41 Tulane and #52 ECU, but it might require some illegal substances to get your brain to a point that it could make that argument.

And on another note above, it's always interesting how posters will insist that a season's body of work be used for comparing teams until the mention of someone like UTenn comes out, then it just becomes how a team like Oregon State does when they played at UTenn. Well at least the Vol fans are happy about that. And since UTenn lost to Chattanooga which lost to Arkansas State which lost to #214 Appalachian State, we know where that type of logic has taken us year after year.

Reaction Score
I guess a case could be made for #116 Penn and #138 Cornell and #156 Yale being better than #18 USF and #41 Tulane and #52 ECU, but it might require some illegal substances to get your brain to a point that it could make that argument.

And on another note above, it's always interesting how posters will insist that a season's body of work be used for comparing teams until the mention of someone like UTenn comes out, then it just becomes how a team like Oregon State does when they played at UTenn. Well at least the Vol fans are happy about that. And since UTenn lost to Chattanooga which lost to Arkansas State which lost to #214 Appalachian State, we know where that type of logic has taken us year after year.
If Princeton played #18 USF, #41 Tulane and #52 ECU the results would be comparable UCONN's.

Princeton could be the Dark Horse/Cinderella of this year's NCAA tournament.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If Princeton played #18 USF, #41 Tulane and #52 ECU the results would be comparable UCONN's.

Princeton could be the Dark Horse/Cinderella of this year's NCAA tournament.
Not sure there's a huge amount of reality to say that Princeton could play at UConn's level. They have beaten two teams in the top 50, Pittsburgh and Michigan. Panthers lost also to Duquesne and the Wolverines lost to very bad Wisconsin, so both teams have had some issues this year. Meanwhile, Princeton just had a 13 point win at home over a Hartford team that is rated #178 in the nation.

So does that equal UConn? The Tigers are a very nice Ivy League team and a great story, but I'm not sure we should start making up crazy statements about them.

Reaction Score
true, however high profile non-conference games with Stanford, Notre Dame, and Duke are a factor
Stanford- they could beat them.

ND without Turner- they could beat them.

Duke? ...ha haha.

Reaction Score
Not sure there's a huge amount of reality to say that Princeton could play at UConn's level. They have beaten two teams in the top 50, Pittsburgh and Michigan. Panthers lost also to Duquesne and the Wolverines lost to very bad Wisconsin, so both teams have had some issues this year. Meanwhile, Princeton just had a 13 point win at home over a Hartford team that is rated #178 in the nation.

So does that equal UConn? The Tigers are a very nice Ivy League team and a great story, but I'm not sure we should start making up crazy statements about them.
I think they played Hartford at the Bronx.

I wouldn't say anything unless I've personally watched them play and i have.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I think they played Hartford at the Bronx.

I wouldn't say anything unless I've personally watched them play and i have.
Okay, so beating Hartford by 13 on a more neutral floor isn't much better, and it isn't a result that makes me think of UConn level performance.

Again, the Tigers are a wonderful team and story, and their highlights do show nice team play, but it doesn't really do them a service to pump their results way beyond any semblance of credulity. UConn winning by 61 at ECU is not the same as Princeton winning at Fordham by 14, and saying that the top teams after Princeton in the Ivy rate anywhere near the top teams after UConn in the AAC is just silly. I get being giddy about a favorite team, but when a team like USF plays a #62 rated Stetson, the results are a lot different than when a Penn or Cornell plays a #101 rated team like Drexel. And since Princeton doesn't have top teams on their schedule as do other mid majors like Green Bay or Western KY, they can only be judged by game results against mainly 100+ rated teams, and those are fine for the opposition level but not overwhelming.

Reaction Score

Duke? ...ha haha.

as far as I can tell Geno is not avoiding anyone, however it looks like top 10 teams avoid him...... South Carolina is coming up too

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Duke? ...ha haha.

Princeton could beat these schools at what ? Academics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom