New AP poll (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New AP poll (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and Stanford. And they haven't lost any games. ;)
So if they're unbeaten, hows come the Longhorns aren't ranked ahead of us? So far, that's the only rationale I've heard for why South Carolina is higher ranked.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I saw South Carolina vs Duke.....Both will have to get a lot better to run with the Big Dogs (no pun intended) by March/April. However , I would still give South Carolina the top spot for now in the poll until they lose. They have talent and they have a good coach. But they play down to opponent levels too often , and play too many close heart stopping games for comfort. I fear they will do that one time too often and get beaten.

I think UConn should have gotten more consideration for No. 1 after beating the No.2 team (ND) by 18pts , in South Bend no less , than South Carolina beating the then No. 9 team by one(1) point.

But I can see the poll keeping them at No.1 until they are beaten.
We are better off not being number 1- we've got some more closer tough games coming up- I think this may help us play with a bit more of a chip on our shoulder!!! :)

Reaction Score
So if they're unbeaten, hows come the Longhorns aren't ranked ahead of us? So far, that's the only rationale I've heard for why South Carolina is higher ranked.
I suspect the Longhorn fans are asking the same question. I guess it's because of the starting positions in the initial poll before anybody beat anybody? Texas is very well positioned now to take advantage of any additional losses by higher-ranked teams

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I saw South Carolina vs Duke.....Both will have to get a lot better to run with the Big Dogs (no pun intended) by March/April. However , I would still give South Carolina the top spot for now in the poll until they lose. They have talent and they have a good coach. But they play down to opponent levels too often , and play too many close heart stopping games for comfort. I fear they will do that one time too often and get beaten.

I think UConn should have gotten more consideration for No. 1 after beating the No.2 team (ND) by 18pts , in South Bend no less , than South Carolina beating the then No. 9 team by one(1) point.

But I can see the poll keeping them at No.1 until they are beaten.

I would like to edit your post a bit - ".....Both will have to get a lot better to run with the Big Dog." It appears that once again there may be only one dog in the fight.

Reaction Score
I don't think at this point ratings really matter. What will matter is the final rating. Uconn USC game will answer a lot of the discussions and forecasts.

As for ESPN, other news organizations and blogs being biased towards UCONN, my question is "How could you not be?". UCONN games have the highest attendance throughout the country for a reason. They have and are playing a big role in the popularity of the sport and have a loyal following.

By the way, I do not live in Ct. nor have I ever been to Storrs. I have been watching UCONN WOMENS BB games for the last 20 yrs. because they play great basketball. Their record during the last two decades is a testament to that.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Depends on who put up the 26 or 41. Some pretty highly ranked teams have walked off the court after playing UConn with totals not far off from the numbers you mentioned. You'll find out about that next year. ;)
The 41 was put up by our arch-rival, an ACC team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I would had though taking the #6 team to two overtimes, and beating the than #25 team would had been enough to move up more than one spot. :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I would had though taking the #6 team to two overtimes, and beating the than #25 team would had been enough to move up more than one spot. :rolleyes:
Was the game at the RAC or at Lucy Carmichael Auditorium?

Points if anyone gets the reference.

Reaction Score
UT is done with the tough part of their schedule. Except for Baylor, it's all creampuffs. They won't be tested again until the end of the season, when they start playing someone good. Until then we will have to bare with them in the top.
Too bad, cause they haven't yet proved they belong there. Stanford and Tennessee are not the end all this year.
But if they end up high enough, they would have to go through UConn to get to the championship game, and that isn't happening.

Reaction Score
But if they end up high enough, they would have to go through UConn to get to the championship game, and that isn't happening.
No one beats UConn, men or women, in a championship game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Depends on who put up the 26 or 41. Some pretty highly ranked teams have walked off the court after playing UConn with totals not far off from the numbers you mentioned. You'll find out about that next year. ;)

much-sad.jpg

Dont I know all about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member