New AAC Bowl ? | The Boneyard

New AAC Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Do we really need another bowl game? I'm not talking about the AAC needing another but college football in general. Why make another one?

Reaction Score
They are having a hard time choosing a sponsor. They have their pick out of Kohler, American Standard or Toto. I say American Standard, natural tie in what with the name and all.

LOL!

Reaction Score
Do we really need another bowl game? I'm not talking about the AAC needing another but college football in general. Why make another one?

The article states that there were 39 Bowls and 82 Bowl eligible teams. Temple at 6-6 was left out. I imagine if that was UCONN, the yard would be pretty upset. So in that regard, I admire Aresco for being loyal. I also think Aresco likes the increased TV exposure.

They are saying maybe only 3 AAC teams may be in March madness, this seems low since the conference had the last two National Champions. He wants to keep the AAC viable and will continue to push for significance. That's why they pay him the big bucks!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure fan interest will increase with more bowls sponsoring 6-6 teams. And especially if one of the wins is against an FCS team.

Will the TV revenue even be enough to cover a teams expense to participate in front of a 3/4 empty venue?

Won't be much fan viewership on TV outside of immediate fans of both schools, so I'm wondering who will pony up big bucks to advertise a product?

Cut the number of bowls to a level that offers participants with a truly winning record of 8-4. No excuses about perceive toughness of league members. If you want to play post season, perform like a winner should during the season. Mediocrity s _ _ _ s big time!

Even at record at 7-5, teams will not provide too much entertainment or excitement. Where does that place their status.....the lower 25% of BCS teams?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure fan interest will increase with more bowls sponsoring 6-6 teams. And especially if one of the wins is against an FCS team.

Will the TV revenue even be enough to cover a teams expense to participate in front of a 3/4 empty venue?

Won't be much fan viewership on TV outside of immediate fans of both schools, so I'm wondering who will pony up big bucks to advertise a product?

Cut the number of bowls to a level that offers participants with a truly winning record of 8-4. No excuses about perceive toughness of league members. If you want to play post season, perform like a winner should during the season. Mediocrity s _ _ _ s big time!

Even at record at 7-5, teams will not provide too much entertainment or excitement. Where does that place their status.....the lower 25% of BCS teams?

I take it you didn't catch Pitt 6-6 vs. Houston 7-5 in the Armed Forces Bowl?

Pitt was beating Houston 31-6 early in the 4th quarter and Houston came back to win 35-34 recovering two onside kicks in the process. Could be the most entertaining 4th quarter I have ever seen. Although the Seahawks, Green Bay game last weekend came close.

From a financial standpoint, the lesser bowls are lucky to break even but I really think Mike Aresco is looking for the National exposure. Houston knocking off Pitt, was one more feather in the cap by knocking out a team from a P5 conference.

I trust that the commissioner (Mike Aresco) is doing what's right and in the best interest of his conference.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They could lower it to 4 wins and in for Bowls and ee ain't sniffin' one this year. Sad.

Reaction Score
I'll never understand why CFB fans wouldn't want more bowl games. If you don't want to watch them, don't.

Arguably the best game of the bowl season was mentioned above. Matchups make games. Two mediocre teams can make for a great game if the matchup is right.

Reaction Score
I'll never understand why CFB fans wouldn't want more bowl games. If you don't want to watch them, don't.

Arguably the best game of the bowl season was mentioned above. Matchups make games. Two mediocre teams can make for a great game if the matchup is right.
I totally agree...it's one last game for all these kids and their families to remember forever...plus even if it's not sold out, the 1st week of bowl games are always crazy and fun to watch when nothing else is going on. Gambling helps all these games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom