New 2015 Commit -DE/T Matt Peart (MA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit -DE/T Matt Peart (MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Question for the board, how many players can we recruit it 2015? I thought 25 was a limit but there are several schools with more than 25 already.
With the loss thru "attrition" combined with a small class in 2014. Expect a larger class this season.

Reaction Score
Not to take this thread off the tracks but it depends -- 25, 28, or maybe a few more based on circumstances: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...cruiting-how-can-a-m-take-34-recruits-in-2013

Thanks! So according to this our QB recruit who is enrolling early won't count against the 25 limit.

"Players who do not sign a letter of intent, but rather enroll in January for the spring semester as "early enrollees," don't count against the 25 if there is room left over from the previous recruiting class (for instance, if a school had two spots remaining by virtue of taking 23 and not 25 in a previous year)."

Reaction Score
Say what you want about this years team (which realist knew was going to be a wash) Coach D works hard and the commits are buying in to what he is selling. Also I think part of what we are seeing in regards to play calling is being done for a reason. Once we get the players in you will see our true offense being called. We are hamstrung by our QB's and as a result we have the record we do. Never a bad idea to be one of the first to say "I told you Coach D knew what he was doing" .
I couldn't agree with you more. We currently don't have the players that fit into the system he implementing and the players we have lack football fundamentals i.e. tackling, blocking, and angles (and we definitely lack good QB play). I think he will continue to recruit very well. Given the mess he inherited I think we need to give Coach Diaco at least 3-4 yrs before we can really judge him (by then his first batch of recruits will be Juniors/Seniors). I think Coach Diaco is going to be a great hire, unfortunately I think this is his stepping stone job and as soon as he turns this program around he will leave to take a more high profile job (and a will leave the UConn fanbase upset that he is leaving).

Reaction Score
Has this commitment been confirmed anywhere else? Usually have the Uconn twitter account confirm, shows up on ESPN, Rivals, etc. Haven't seen any of that yet.

Reaction Score
Govs' Peart: UConn commitment a 'surreal' feeling
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high...govs-peart-uconn-commitment-a-surreal-feeling

>>Governor's Academy two-way star Matthew Peart is a lumbering body these days at 6-foot-8 and nearly 265 pounds. But before the Bronx, N.Y., native arrived on the Byfield, Mass. campus in 2011, with intents on sharpening his basketball skills, he had never strapped on a pair of shoulder pads. And even then, it took some convincing for head football coach Jim O’Leary to get Peart to come out for football in 2012. In fact, he was close to signing up for dance classes. “One of my basketball friends tried it out and said it got him really flexible for the season,” Peart said. “My sophomore year I was more focused on basketball, so I was saying to myself, ‘I wonder where dance could take me’.” Peart never got the opportunity to find out. Before long, he was on the gridiron, protecting the quarterback’s blind side, a transition that came full circle earlier this week when he gave a verbal commitment to the University of Connecticut. <<

>>“They believe that I’m a big kid, and based off film thought that I could bend and twist, they thought I have the mentality to play offensive tackle,” Peart said. “They want to develop my size and skill set to become an even better football player.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom