New 2015 Commit -DE/T Matt Peart (MA) | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit -DE/T Matt Peart (MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His name is Matthew Peart. Probably an autocorrect mistake. 6'8" 265 lb T/DE.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1192661/matthew-peart

(His HUDL videos are private. Need an account to see them)

Thanks for the correction. Was looking for him earlier and didn't see him anywhere. I live 25 minutes away from Governor's, I wish I had gone to see him play.

He's going to be playing in a NEPSAC bowl game at Avon Old Farms for those who are interested.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...014/11/high_school_football_nepsac_bowl_times

Reaction Score
A classic Edsall-type recruit. A basketball player wh just started to at football last year. Is certainly a development project

Reaction Score
i actually think im more impressed that you beat Medic on this post

Early morning on the road... nice work.

Can we get a mod to change the Subject Line:

New 2015 Commit -DE/T Matt Peart (MA)

Reaction Score
Have to assume he's ticketed for a Tackle spot. That's two offensive linemen in the class, both of whom appear to be long-term development projects. I hold out some hope that we will look for at least one JUCO or 5th year senior transfer to plug the OL.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Matt!!!

Reaction Score
UConnRock said:
A classic Edsall-type recruit. A basketball player wh just started to at football last year. Is certainly a development project

I really like these types of recruits. A little raw, with athleticism, and good frame.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Say what you want about this years team (which realist knew was going to be a wash) Coach D works hard and the commits are buying in to what he is selling. Also I think part of what we are seeing in regards to play calling is being done for a reason. Once we get the players in you will see our true offense being called. We are hamstrung by our QB's and as a result we have the record we do. Never a bad idea to be one of the first to say "I told you Coach D knew what he was doing" .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Welcome Matt! Great 2015 class shaping up here!!

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 10:05am via TweetDeck
Governor's Academy OT/DE Peart commits to #UConn runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/11/govern…

>>... Governor's Academy two-way starting lineman Matthew Peart, originally from the Bronx, committed to UConn according to his head coach Jim O'Leary.

O'Leary said that offensive line coach Mike Foley has been looking at Peart since his junior season and after speaking with Foley and head coach Bob Diaco yesterday, Peart committed. He becomes the third lineman to commit to UConn since Oct. 5 joining Cedar Creek (N.J.) defensive lineman Trey Blackwell and New London offensive tackle Bryan Cespedes.

O'Leary said Peart is 6-foot-8, 265 pounds and "without an ounce of fat on him." He is a two-way starter at offensive tackle and defensive end for one of the most successful prep school programs in New England. He is the starting left tackle for a 7-1 Governor's Academy team that will play Brunswick on Saturday in the Wayne Sanborn Bowl at Avon Old Farms.

"He has outstanding potential," O'Leary said. "He's a great athlete, the captain of the basketball team. He's a great kid and has an outstanding attitude. He has great length, long arms. He's going to do the work in the weight room and once his body fills out, he is going to be special."

Peart has seven sacks on defense as well as being one of the leaders of the Governor's Academy offense.<<

Reaction Score
Have to assume he's ticketed for a Tackle spot. That's two offensive linemen in the class, both of whom appear to be long-term development projects. I hold out some hope that we will look for at least one JUCO or 5th year senior transfer to plug the OL.

Some sites are reporting C. Lee as an OL at the next level (he's 6'7" and 260 already).

I do not see this staff going the juco route.

Reaction Score
Kid is athletic. Has a good frame. High motor. Give him a few years under Balis and the sky's the limit.

These are the exact types of recruits I want the staff to take chances on. Two stars that can project to 4 stars when they are done.

Reaction Score
Question for the board, how many players can we recruit it 2015? I thought 25 was a limit but there are several schools with more than 25 already.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members