?New 2014 Commit - Vontae Diggs (6-4 200+lb LB) | The Boneyard

?New 2014 Commit - Vontae Diggs (6-4 200+lb LB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
VDiggs55:56pm via Twitter for Android
This was by far the toughest decision I have ever made. With that said, I am now a member of the UConn family

---------------
Vontae Diggs, a 6-4, 200+lb OLB from Downers Grove, IL. Flipped from Ball State who flipped him from Toledo. Other offer from WMU. Visited UConn last weekend.

Rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and No. 44 on the Rivals.com Illinois high school postseason top 45; Rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports.com and 36th in state of Illinois; and rated 100th nationally by Scout.com.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9334099

On Hudl he is listed as a 215lbs OLB/DE/WR/QB) - Hell, also returns kicks:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1496325/highlights/85606375?autoplay=1

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Fantastic.

This staff can close (something Ollie will get better at)

I'm sensing great things to come out of our football program.

Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt that 90% of our games will be on TV. Ball State can't offer that.

Reaction Score
Great get. Had been feeling more and more hopeful on him in the past few days. Great athlete.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Incredibly excited about this commit too. Agree about this coaching staff's ability to close. Vontae looks like he has some serious tools and a great body to fill out to. Hybrid OLB/DE pass rusher?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We spent the last 3 seasons in the dirt, let's now take the time to look around and enjoy a top flight coach, staff and recruits , because it could all change in a moments notice, and remember we are on the WAY UP!!!!! Go dogs!!!!!!! And to all the other schools... Look out!!!!

Reaction Score
VDiggs55:56pm via Twitter for Android
This was by far the toughest decision I have ever made. With that said, I am now a member of the UConn family

---------------
Vontae Diggs, a 6-4, 200+lb OLB from Downers Grove, IL. Flipped from Ball State who flipped him from Toledo. Other offer from WMU. Visited UConn last weekend.

Rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and No. 44 on the Rivals.com Illinois high school postseason top 45; Rated a three-star prospect by and 36th in state of Illinois; and rated 100th nationally by Scout.com.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9334099

On Hudl he is listed as a 215lbs OLB/DE/WR/QB) - Hell, also returns kicks:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1496325/highlights/85606375?autoplay=1

With nick names being good for sports and the team I wonder just how athletic he may be...Hmm , if he can do a back flip after each tackle or sack with this seed already planted here he will be known as Flipper...

Reaction Score
Great get. Had been feeling more and more hopeful on him in the past few days. Great athlete.

Unbelievable tape-worth watching-athlete plus, plus, plus... OL/DE/ WR /RB/Kickoff Returns/Kickoff coverage/.......will be fun watching him develop with the Undertaker and HCBD....
This player flipping to us from BS really gets me feeling the ENERGY of this new coaching staff.!!!!!and this is just the beginning-holy moley..... 7 months to BYU kickoff...
WELCOME VONTAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Great Pickup... love the name... looking at the tapes this is the type of guy that is going to give his all and that will rub off on the others.

Reaction Score
So...what position will he play? Looks like he plays everything

Reaction Score
I like the height 6"4" which could be useful in pass rush situations as well as coverage. Welcome Vontae!

Reaction Score
So...what position will he play? Looks like he plays everything
The hudl film had him at olb. Wide receiver qb kick returner abd I know it's s a highlight video but I would say he looked good at all the positions. He looked like the fastest kid on the field.
On defense I liked the way he kept an eye on the ball and laid the smack down
A. Year with our new strnfth program this kid had the potential to be yawin or better

Reaction Score
Welcome Vontae! Always great to have athletes that can play anywhere on the field. I'm very confident the the staff will find the best spot for him and the team. Coaches put players in positions that will they will have success, can't wait to see it happen on the field. Another Great Day for the Dogs!!! Go get some more players Coach!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A bigger version of Obi.

If he's already 215lbs, then another 15-20 lbs on a 6'4" frame shouldn't be too difficult and is plenty big enough for LB.

Reaction Score
A shout out to all the Huskies who helped pull the sled on this one. Vontae was on the fence...had a lot of good reasons to come to UConn, but obviously felt he had a lot to stay with BSU too. Sometimes letting guys know how much they're wanted, is the last thing they need to make their decision. Some fans may disagree that it mattered, but when a recruit is asking for our help in making a decision, the least we can do is give it to him! Congrats to all the Yarders who helped...and to Vontae for making a great decision!

C

Chief00

This guy can sell a car and a recruit; refreshing to see after the P&D show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom