New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT) via St Joe's Trumbull | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT) via St Joe's Trumbull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can he run? If he can run, he might be a TE rather than a OT. Still wonder why he only has 1-AA offers, just misses? Any kid that size who plays basketball has to have some reasonable athleticism.
UCONN needs Offensive lineman. You put 30-40 lbs of muscle on Heshemi and you may have an NFL tackle. Besides UCONN drafted to pretty Big Tight Ends from PA

Alec Bloom
Video | Scouts Report#34 TE-YLigonier, PA
Ligonier Valley High School6'7''23074
41.gif

CONNECTICUTCOMMITTED
08/05/2013
Luke Carrezola
Video | Scouts Report#44 TE-YLanghorne, PA
Neshaminy High School6'3''24073
41.gif

CONNECTICUTCOMMITTED
06/25/2013

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/41/class/2014

Reaction Score
UCONN needs Offensive lineman. You put 30-40 lbs of muscle on this guy and you may have an NFL tackle.
Besides UCONN drafted to pretty Big Tight Ends from PA
Alec Bloom
Video | Scouts Report#34 TE-YLigonier, PA
Ligonier Valley High School6'7''23074
41.gif

CONNECTICUTCOMMITTED
08/05/2013
Luke Carrezola
Video | Scouts Report#44 TE-YLanghorne, PA
Neshaminy High School6'3''24073
41.gif

CONNECTICUTCOMMITTED
06/25/2013

Carrezola likely to be on the defense side of the ball

Reaction Score
Can he run? If he can run, he might be a TE rather than a OT. Still wonder why he only has 1-AA offers, just misses? Any kid that size who plays basketball has to have some reasonable athleticism.

Seen him play and he will be an OT. Hopefully sooner than later.

Reaction Score
30-40 pounds of muscle? Do you know how hard that is?!? You're not talking weight you're talking muscle.

Reaction Score
30-40 pounds of muscle? Do you know how hard that is?!? You're not talking weight you're talking muscle.
I didn't mean literally 30-40 lbs of muscle and I certainly wouldn't want him to add 30-40 or pure fat.

How about hitting the weight room and eating well under the supervision of the new strength and conditioning coach Matt Balis from Mississippi State. Hope that works better for you.

Reaction Score
I didn't mean literally 30-40 lbs of muscle and I certainly wouldn't want him to add 30-40 or pure fat.

How about hitting the weight room and eating well under the supervision of the new strength and conditioning coach Matt Balis from Mississippi State. Hope that works better for you.

If he is strong and agile. 2o solid pounds of muscle/weight would work for now. He's got the body and build to be a very athletic OT. He's only a HS senior. Let's see how he fills out.

Reaction Score
If he is strong and agile. 2o solid pounds of muscle/weight would work for now. He's got the body and build to be a very athletic OT. He's only a HS senior. Let's see how he fills out.

Sure, he will fill out and with the help of Balis he will get bigger and stronger.
D-1, FBS Offensive Tackles Average 6'4" to 6'8" and weigh between 290 and 350lbs.
So Hashemi should have no problem getting to ideal size in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
Steve is excited about playing for Diaco! 6'6" 265 lb Tackle, He is the starting Center on Bball team.

http://www.gametimect.com/st-josephs-steve-hashemi-talks-committing-uconn/

Recently, he got thrown out of a basketball game for an altercation which is a good thing for football. After the trainers get him in the weight room and he puts on 30-40 lbs of muscle he could become a very athletic Tackle. Check out what the bball coach says about his energy!

"The Cadets were missing starting center Steve Hashemi, who was serving a mandatory one-game suspension after getting tossed out of the final game of the Northeast Classic against St. Francis Prep for being involved in an altercation.

Without Hashemi's 6-foot-6 frame on the floor, the Black Knights were able to dominate the paint over the first three quarters behind 6-6 center Kweshon Askew, who collected 13 rebounds and three blocks to go along with six points.

"Steve brings a lot of energy," St. Joseph head coach Chris Watts said. "From the locker room, to the bench and on the floor, he brings energy like no one else on the team. If you could put his energy in five guys, I don't think we would lose a game this year. So that was huge not having him."

Love the attitude.

Hashemi got to know some of the players up at UConn on the official visits and he got to see record-breaking Ansonia High running back Arkeel Newsome cap his high school career off with a third straight state title.

“He is unbelievable,” Hashemi said. “The things that he did, breaking all the records, I had a chance to see him play in the state championship and the kid is nasty. He is unbelievable things and I am really looking forward to blocking for him one day and he is a great kid.”

Reaction Score
There we go:
"I'm 260 now, but I'm hoping to get around 295, 300," he said. "If I want to play at this level, that's where I'm going to have to be. I think I can handle it. I'm pretty athletic enough, I think I can add that and stay as athletic as I am now."

Reaction Score
There we go:
"I'm 260 now, but I'm hoping to get around 295, 300," he said. "If I want to play at this level, that's where I'm going to have to be. I think I can handle it. I'm pretty athletic enough, I think I can add that and stay as athletic as I am now."

Saw that in CT Post today. I have a feeling this kid is going to be special. I just hope we are not hyping him too much. He just seems like a typical UCONN project. In a way like Amida Brima. Only been playing around 4 years but a huge upside.
Like Brima, Hashemi is under the rader. And like Brima could be leaving bigger schools scratching their heads wondering why they let him slip away.

I got all excited about Andreas Knappe and so far he hasn't done anything. I hope that he has progressed by understanding the plays with his size, 6'9" 290. I am hoping he can have an impact next season.

Reaction Score
Hashemi's football career a whirlwind, from its start to UConn signing
Published 1:00 am, Saturday, February 8, 2014

http://www.newstimes.com/uconn/article/Hashemi-s-football-career-a-whirlwind-from-its-5215974.php

>>"They're going to be sending me a packet of what they want me to do," Hashemi said. "As soon as I get it, I'm going to start following it. I'll be going up three times a week in June to work out with the team, start learning the playbook. It gives me a head start." And while the Huskies will be trying to replace three starters from the offensive line in 2014, Hashemi thinks he will spend his first season as a redshirt, bulking up and getting ready to battle for a starting spot in 2015. "They never want to tell anyone that they're redshirting," Hashemi said. "Everyone should go in there expecting to play, but in reality, if I'm not the best, then that first year (redshirting) can only do good for me ¦get me bigger and faster and used to being in college."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom