New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT) via St Joe's Trumbull | The Boneyard

New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT) via St Joe's Trumbull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Earnest Jones strikes first....FF Cnty is his CT territory!

Yup (w/ assist)... http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/st-joseph-ot-hashemi-commits-to-uconn.html

>>Running backs coach Ernest Jones, who has taken a ton of heat for his comments about " being at the center of our huddle" is the assistant coach assigned to recruit Fairfield County and Della Veccia, who coached Temple standout linebacker Tyler Matakevich in high school, said he received more of a response from the current staff then he had from the previous regime.

"It was the coaching change," Della Vecchia said. "Quite honestly, UConn. every kid we’ve thought we’ve had with them they have kind of told us no. When the new coaches came in I called them, sent tape up there and immediately they got back to us and wanted to know about him. This all happened in about the last two weeks when they brought him up (for a visit).">>

Reaction Score
Yup (w/ assist)... http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/st-joseph-ot-hashemi-commits-to-uconn.html

>>Running backs coach Ernest Jones, who has taken a ton of heat for his comments about " being at the center of our huddle" is the assistant coach assigned to recruit Fairfield County and Della Veccia, who coached Temple standout linebacker Tyler Matakevich in high school, said he received more of a response from the current staff then he had from the previous regime.

"It was the coaching change," Della Vecchia said. "Quite honestly, UConn. every kid we’ve thought we’ve had with them they have kind of told us no. When the new coaches came in I called them, sent tape up there and immediately they got back to us and wanted to know about him. This all happened in about the last two weeks when they brought him up (for a visit).">>

If they'd been ignoring a top FCIAC team just don't know what to say. Thanks Coach - keep em coming.

Reaction Score
If they'd been ignoring a top FCIAC team just don't know what to say. Thanks Coach - keep em coming.

Yeah, but both Edsall and Pasqualoni staffs whiffed on Matakevich.

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
Amen! ;)

Reaction Score
Besides Matakevich and Hashemi who else have they produced. We whiffed on Matakevich, but its not like they turn out 2-3 kids a year that go FBS.

Is that what the bar should be in order to give CT kids a look?

Reaction Score
Is that what the bar should be in order to give CT kids a look?
No, the point being we are not missing on these kids. All of these kids that we've passed on where have they gone? Not to another FBS school. There are 3 kids we passed on that I can recall (there are probably a few more) made impacts at other schools, Speivey, Harrison and Matakevich. We may not have gone strongly after a few more, but in the last 6-7 years we have been pretty good identifying kids in state.

Reaction Score
Not a bad track record. Harrison Edsall felt could not cut it academically. TM was a miss and Edsall and Cersosimo whiffed on Speivey.

Reaction Score
Not a bad track record. Harrison Edsall felt could not cut it academically. TM was a miss and Edsall and Cersosimo whiffed on Speivey.
Ambrose was the coach who turned film down on Amari when Marinan called about him.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if Edsall had offered Damik Scafe of Windsor he would have come to UCONN instead of BC. Suprisingly ... that's 3 Windsor D-linemen, who played on the same line together, in the NFL!

Reaction Score
IMO, take the blinkers off and look at entire Northeast as OUR STATE not just CT. Look at geographic size of Florida, Texas, etc.
Just because a kid has a CT zip code we think it's different. Again, IMHO.... our recruiting state for measurement purposes is any where within a
tank of gas. So I look at our state as NJ, NY, CT, MA, PA, RI, ME, NH, DE, VT.

So STOP living in the past in a State of CONFUSION. We will go anywhere to get anyone and learn from the mistakes of RE and PP.

Reaction Score
Who would of guessed that HCBD first recruit is a kid from Trumbull Ct. Congrats to him and with a great o-line coach and a pressing need at that position, triple wins in my book.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a big frame to fill out. Hopefully he has quick hands and quick feet so as he fills into that frame, he can combine speed and power. I like this get.

Reaction Score
So what I'm reading is...the CT high school coaches, who loved PP, now have a coach saying PP didn't give them enough attention? Edsall sucks! Oh wait...they meant PP wasn't paying enough attention. Never mind.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So what I'm reading is...the CT high school coaches, who loved PP, now have a coach saying PP didn't give them enough attention? Edsall sucks! Oh wait...they meant PP wasn't paying enough attention. Never mind.

Sportsart....let it go, my friend. Let it go. Fill your energy bucket back up! Steve Hashemi is going to be a beast and will probably play in the NFL, once Foley's had him for four (or five) years. Count on it! :cool:

Reaction Score
Shelton's Hashemi discusses his commitment to UConn
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/sheltons-hashemi-discusses-his.html

"We went up the first night and it was absolutely fantastic. Saturday there was a tour of the entire campus and all the football facilities. On Saturday night we were eating in the alumni center before the UConn/Louisville (men’s basketball) game and one of the coaches tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to go to one of the offices. I was with my mother and my father and I was sitting down and Coach Diaco walked in, he shook my hand, shook my mother’s and father’s hand and we started talking about some dumb thing and finally he said ‘Steve, what would you think about coming to UConn?’ I said ‘Coach, there would be no other place I would rather go, anybody who plays football in Connecticut dreams that they would love to play football at UConn and represent the state.' He said what are your options and I said I did have a few other I-AA scholarships and they are all full (scholarships) and that was when he said ‘Steve, we would like to offer you a full scholarship.’ I said,‘Coach, I’d like to take it.’ He said ‘are you committing?’ I said ‘yes sir.’"

"The energy that he (Diaco) has is just something else," Hashemi said. "You walk into a room and everybody can feel the energy that he has. At the basketball game he walked onto the middle of the court during one of the timeouts and starting getting all the fans (excited). I think is he is really going to turn around the program. He was talking all the parents into meetings and talking about his philosophy and how he believes in being positive 24/7. He doesn’t want to bring anybody down If somebody does something wrong he is going to tell them how to correct it, he is not going to give them sarcasm or make them feel like absolute (garbage)."

Reaction Score

Steve is excited about playing for Diaco! 6'6" 265 lb Tackle, He is the starting Center on Bball team.

http://www.gametimect.com/st-josephs-steve-hashemi-talks-committing-uconn/

Recently, he got thrown out of a basketball game for an altercation which is a good thing for football. After the trainers get him in the weight room and he puts on 30-40 lbs of muscle he could become a very athletic Tackle. Check out what the bball coach says about his energy!

"The Cadets were missing starting center Steve Hashemi, who was serving a mandatory one-game suspension after getting tossed out of the final game of the Northeast Classic against St. Francis Prep for being involved in an altercation.

Without Hashemi's 6-foot-6 frame on the floor, the Black Knights were able to dominate the paint over the first three quarters behind 6-6 center Kweshon Askew, who collected 13 rebounds and three blocks to go along with six points.

"Steve brings a lot of energy," St. Joseph head coach Chris Watts said. "From the locker room, to the bench and on the floor, he brings energy like no one else on the team. If you could put his energy in five guys, I don't think we would lose a game this year. So that was huge not having him."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO, take the blinkers off and look at entire Northeast as OUR STATE not just CT. Look at geographic size of Florida, Texas, etc.
Just because a kid has a CT zip code we think it's different. Again, IMHO.... our recruiting state for measurement purposes is any where within a

So STOP living in the past in a State of CONFUSION. We will go anywhere to get anyone and learn from the mistakes of RE and PP.
I agree, although I would also include Ohio, DE, MD, VA, and DC as our state.
If I were recruiting kids for our conference, I would talk up the travel to TX, OK, FL, LA, TN, etc. Kids love to travel and go places they have never been. The geographic spread can actually be a plus for recruiting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Diaco pretty much said that during his introductory press conference. He referenced the northeast corridor and the number of people living in that region. And he stated that was UConn's recruiting turf.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Steve is excited about playing for Diaco! 6'6" 265 lb Tackle, He is the starting Center on Bball team.

http://www.gametimect.com/st-josephs-steve-hashemi-talks-committing-uconn/

Recently, he got thrown out of a basketball game for an altercation which is a good thing for football. After the trainers get him in the weight room and he puts on 30-40 lbs of muscle he could become a very athletic Tackle. Check out what the bball coach says about his energy!

"The Cadets were missing starting center Steve Hashemi, who was serving a mandatory one-game suspension after getting tossed out of the final game of the Northeast Classic against St. Francis Prep for being involved in an altercation.

Without Hashemi's 6-foot-6 frame on the floor, the Black Knights were able to dominate the paint over the first three quarters behind 6-6 center Kweshon Askew, who collected 13 rebounds and three blocks to go along with six points.

"Steve brings a lot of energy," St. Joseph head coach Chris Watts said. "From the locker room, to the bench and on the floor, he brings energy like no one else on the team. If you could put his energy in five guys, I don't think we would lose a game this year. So that was huge not having him."

Can he run? If he can run, he might be a TE rather than a OT. Still wonder why he only has 1-AA offers, just misses? Any kid that size who plays basketball has to have some reasonable athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom