?New 2014 Commit - Ryan Crozier (6-4 295lb OL) | The Boneyard

?New 2014 Commit - Ryan Crozier (6-4 295lb OL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound. Looking forward to seeing you next year. Just in time to be a big part of the turn around in our run game.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
We may not be getting "4 star" guys but we are getting the next level above what Edsall said we could never get, and Coach P had no idea how to get.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We may not be getting "4 star" guys but we are getting the next level above what Edsall said we could never get, and Coach P had no idea how to get.

I love the enthusiasm, but both statements about our former coaches are wrong. However, I'm not going to point out why they're wrong on a thread that belongs to Crozier, so I'll just say...welcome to the Dog Pound, Ryan!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Welcome Ryan! LOVE this kid's size! Looks dominating on video…good strength (I felt sorry for "JC" #93 in this video…Crozier dominated him all game it appears) with pancake blocking ability, good mobility in getting down field on screens and getting to the next level on run plays, and he has a bit of a mean streak.

Man, this coaching staff is bringing in some SERIOUS talent. LOVE IT!

Reaction Score
This guy can protect the QB, get downfield and get a hat on linebackers and corners (and keep it on them), and blow big guys off the ball. I've seen fewer pancakes at IHOP. Welcome, Ryan.

ryan_crozier1:06pm via Twitter for iPhone
So blessed to announce that I am officially committed to play football at UConn!#GoHuskies

St Thomas Aquinas School - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (same school/same o-line as Kyle Schafenaker)

Ryan Crozier had offers from UConn, Houston, FAU, FIU, Miami Ohio and Samford according to 247Sports (who has a composite score of 81 on him = 3*).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1240973/ryan-crozier

Reported to be a cousin of NE Pats OL Dan Connolly.

Reaction Score
He looks good. But wow did their runnin game stink. Looking at the film that is

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If that size is correct he may have chance to play as a frosh. I'm wary of finding 5 quality OL to put on the field this year.

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
If that size is correct he may have chance to play as a frosh. I'm wary of finding 5 quality OL to put on the field this year.

If he sees the field as a true frosh, we could be in for a looooong season. O line is one of the most difficult positions to transition from high school. Redshirt him and let him gain strength and transform his body.

Reaction Score
If he sees the field as a true frosh, we could be in for a looooong season. O line is one of the most difficult positions to transition from high school. Redshirt him and let him gain strength and transform his body.

I may have posted in another thread, but I am loving the big bodies added in this class. I think the team will be improved next season regardless, but these additions bode well for the future. Can't win without a good offensive and defensive line.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You just have to wonder what this staff will be able to do with a full season under it's belt and a full season to fully recruit! Been impressed with what they've done in a few short weeks! Welcome Ryan!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:

I hope this is the case. If the previous years' trouble was coaching related and not talent related we may not need this class this year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess is that we will be pretty solid inside (center & guards) but our tackles will be a work in process for a lot of the season. I'll go on record today that from mid-2015 season forward we will be very strong on the offensive line. We should be good enough (if other things wotk out well) mid-2014 season forward to give AAC teams difficulty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope this is the case. If the previous years' trouble was coaching related and not talent related we may not need this class this year.

Besides Schafenaker, does anyone know which freshmen that redshirted last year may be able to step up in 2014? Wasn't he our top-rated OL recruit?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Among the kids who will be fighting for time at guard next year are Samra, Rugg & Schafenacker. Bockeloh will likely be the primary backup at center nad we will have Levy & Hopkins in play at Tackle. All of the above should be RS Soph's or younger.

Reaction Score
He looks good. But wow did their runnin game stink. Looking at the film that is
Actually, there RB is committed to Michigan State, and had his pick of top schools to go to.

So far this year that school has kids committed to MSU, ND, Miami (FL), UConn, and a few others yet to decide (and that's apparently considered a down year for them). It's a good schools to have a positive relationship with.

Reaction Score
Looks like Diaco decided to focus on getting some big olinemen for Coach Foley to work with going forward. Seems we have 2 or 3 who are 290+ coming in.

Reaction Score
ryan_crozier1:06pm via Twitter for iPhone
So blessed to announce that I am officially committed to play football at UConn!#GoHuskies

St Thomas Aquinas School - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (same school/same o-line as Kyle Schafenaker)

Ryan Crozier had offers from UConn, Houston, FAU, FIU, Miami Ohio and Samford according to 247Sports (who has a composite score of 81 on him = 3*).

Reported to be a cousin of NE Pats OL Dan Connolly.

Very impressed with this young man. Seems like a diamond in the rough.
Allstate in Florida 2012, 2013, Smart 3.8 GPA, Big. Cannot understand
why he is not rated. He benches 315, squats and deadlifts over 500lbs???
Check out his highlight video:

How could Ryan not be rated??
PS I posted this already and did not show up so am posting on this again. The other post might show up too

Reaction Score
Among the kids who will be fighting for time at guard next year are Samra, Rugg & Schafenacker. Bockeloh will likely be the primary backup at center nad we will have Levy & Hopkins in play at Tackle. All of the above should be RS Soph's or younger.

I agree with all of this. The big question mark is whether Cruz can continue his career. And with respect to Paull and Nwokeji, given our troubles on the OL, the fact that they haven't cracked the lineup tells me they won't anytime soon (ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom