Never thought I'd say this, but........ | The Boneyard

Never thought I'd say this, but........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find myself genuinely missing Brian Bennett on the ESPN Big East Blog. Or at least Andrea Adelson makes me miss BB. It used to be worth reading, because at least he had the decency to bash UConn somewhat knowledgeably. Not anymore.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I haven't read ESPN's Big East Blog since they re-assigned Brian Bennett. I gave Andrea about a month, but then gave up.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
At least Bennett was a Louisville guy. No doubt Adelson dreams of bible sessions with Tim Tebow.

Reaction Score
I realized today how little I visit the BE Blog on ESPN now. It's weird how that works...

Reaction Score
AA's lack of knowledge and any semblance of research is just awful. I know she has the BE and the Non-AQs, but please, is that hard to study up just a bit? I really miss BB, despite his Louisville homerism.

The ESPN-Big East blog is simply a WVU, Pitt, and USF lovefest now (even the chats).

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I still read it, but that's only because there's only so much Big East content out there... let's put it this way... I'm not a fan by any stretch though.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't really even understand the purpose of her blog. She has no insight or scoop on what is going on in the Big East. She just recycles what she reads online. When you read other blogs, you get the feeling that they have connections to the teams they are reporting on. Her only connection is what she reads online.

Kind of embarrassing for the "world wide leader".

Reaction Score
I realized today how little I visit the BE Blog on ESPN now. It's weird how that works...

Heh, exact same sentiment here

Brian Bennett, never forget

Wow, she lives in Orlando, FL... heart of Big East country...

Reaction Score
To be fair, I wonder if it doesn't take time to get acclimated to a new job and start building contacts. We may have taken for granted everything Bennett knew about the Big East. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and with any luck, over the next few months, she'll get a better grasp of the various personalities and institutions in the Big East and do a better job representing it.

That being said, I can completely understand why people are turned off by her, cause she has, for the most part, been very conservative in terms of her Big East analysis.

Reaction Score
I used to check it everyday. At most now, I check it once or twice a week. With the realignment stuff shed have plenty of content to speculate on.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
AA's lack of knowledge and any semblance of research is just awful. I know she has the BE and the Non-AQs, but please, is that hard to study up just a bit? I really miss BB, despite his Louisville homerism.

The ESPN-Big East blog is simply a WVU, Pitt, and USF lovefest now (even the chats).

It's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If there were a lot of vocal UConn fans on the chats and in comments, etc. I think UConn would get a bit more attention. As it is, I think UConn is probably the least represented fanbase on the blog and that has been noted several times by AA. I'm on that site (just like this one) a few times a day and occasionally lob in a comment or question but I'm definitely one of the few UConn fans who does. A typical WVU article can generate over 100 comments whereas a UConn one typically generates less than 10. That stuff gets noticed since eyeballs is how ESPN makes its money (at least for display ads on the web).

Reaction Score
I find her a lot better with Twitter. BB sucked on Twitter, reading the BE blog on twitter is far more entertaining - includes score updates and some pithy commentary.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I quit on that blog last year when BB rooted for USF to beat UConn for the good of the conference...

Reaction Score
Like I said, AA is much better on Twitter than BB ever was. She's tweeting the game tonight.

Reaction Score
she's awful

i have a friend that produces cfb games 4 the worldwide leader & although i'm sure he's got nothing @ all to do w/ the BIG east blog, i e-mailed him earlier 2nite pleading for her replacement

goes 2 show what espn thinks of BIG east fb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul