Never seen less effort and discipline in a single game | The Boneyard

Never seen less effort and discipline in a single game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a UConn team. A lot has to do with Jmac and how he jump started the Cincy scoring, but P keeping him in there over Nebrich is criminal. The kid cannot play any worse. So we lose by forty instead of thirty? Come on man.

Reaction Score
One of the worst games, no doubt, but nothing will ever top the Navy game, IMO.

Reaction Score
Second on my list after this game barring a turnaround in the second highest half

The penalties are ridiculous in this game. Forget McEntee's beyond abysmal game, how can the entire team play so undisciplined, with a bowl game on the line? Extremely dissapointed thus far.

Reaction Score
I strongly disagree.

Watch the Navy game again (I can't). Defenders standing around, hands on hips, no pursuit, no passion. Danny Lansannah admitted after the game that the players quit. Embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Junior and Gratz have been a disappiontment they both give up big plays every game.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe we're seeing this in the 12th game of the season. I wonder what PP is saying at halftime.

Reaction Score
Never mind effort & discipline, how about the difference in athletic talent between Cincy and the D 3 team they are apparently facing. Cincy's backup QB is so much better than anything we've seen this year from UConn. Randy should be fired from Maryland and banned from ever being a head coach anywhere for his recruiting efforts with this group. How many of Uconn's starters on either side of the ball would start on decent teams. The defensive front line (yes),Lyle McCombs (perhaps).

Reaction Score
Hard to believe we're seeing this in the 12th game of the season. I wonder what PP is saying at halftime.

"I've been fired". That'd be a step on the road to cleaning up the mess with this program.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
If I was a JUCO or high school QB, I would be thinking sure-thing playing time if I went to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Getting more athletic at QB is obviously on the shopping list. Seeing Scott get hurt shows that the running QB better have backups. The thing with the Cincy QB is he is 6'5" and athletic. In our pro style we could use a 6'5'' QB. The kid from Univ of New Haven would have been helpful.

Reaction Score
Never mind effort & discipline, how about the difference in athletic talent between Cincy and the D 3 team they are apparently facing. Cincy's backup QB is so much better than anything we've seen this year from UConn. Randy should be fired from Maryland and banned from ever being a head coach anywhere for his recruiting efforts with this group. How many of Uconn's starters on either side of the ball would start on decent teams. The defensive front line (yes),Lyle McCombs (perhaps).

You are kidding, right? UCONN has the best D Line in the Big East. That is pretty big. McCombs (perhaps)? Really? Kid has a good shot at being 1st team All Big East and you think it is perhaps? Dan Ryan, Mo Petrus, BWW, Gratz, Sio Moore, and Kash Moore.

I cannot believe you posted that. D 3. Good stuff. You seriously have no idea. It's comical.

Reaction Score
You are kidding, right? UCONN has the best D Line in the Big East. That is pretty big. McCombs (perhaps)? Really? Kid has a good shot at being 1st team All Big East and you think it is perhaps? Dan Ryan, Mo Petrus, BWW, Gratz, Sio Moore, and Kash Moore.

I cannot believe you posted that. D 3. Good stuff. You seriously have no idea. It's comical.

You do realize that UConn was 4-7 against other D-1 programs. Take out perennial patsy Buffalo and it's 3-7 against the better teams on the schedule.

Reaction Score
You do realize that UConn was 4-7 against other D-1 programs. Take out perennial patsy Buffalo and it's 3-7 against the better teams on the schedule.
Do you really believe athletes like Sio Moore, Blide Wreh-Wilson, and Byron Jones couldn't play at other schools? You really think that?

Look this staff had a tough first year. They were forced to start a walk on at QB, and had a 170 lb, redshirt freshman end up being the starting tailback. Given what they inherited on offense, I liked what they tried to do. I am not happy with 5-7, in the slightest but coaching transitions aren't always seamless, even when the offensive talent is optimal. If we land the Whitmer Juco QB kid, I think we will be in the hunt for the Big East title next year.

Reaction Score

Yes I do. I was responding to your ridiculous assertion that this team had D 3 talent level and most could not play on "decent" teams. You do realize that was a ridiculous statement?

Reaction Score
Do you really believe athletes like Sio Moore, Blide Wreh-Wilson, and Byron Jones couldn't play at other schools? You really think that?

Look this staff had a tough first year. They were forced to start a walk on at QB, and had a 170 lb, redshirt freshman end up being the starting tailback. Given what they inherited on offense, I liked what they tried to do. I am not happy with 5-7, in the slightest but coaching transitions aren't always seamless, even when the offensive talent is optimal. If we land the Whitmer Juco QB kid, I think we will be in the hunt for the Big East title next year.

I agree that Coaching changes are tough, but Cincy has changed coaches more often and I see no problem there.

I disagree that the JUCO kid will see the field if he comes. Too big a transition. Lorenzen was 4 or 5 stars as a JUCO
but ....................

Reaction Score
I agree that Coaching changes are tough, but Cincy has changed coaches more often and I see no problem there.

I disagree that the JUCO kid will see the field if he comes. Too big a transition. Lorenzen was 4 or 5 stars as a JUCO
but ....................
Butch Jones was 4-8, in his first year at Cincy. We were never an offensive Juggernaut under Edsall and he managed to leave the cupboard pretty bare on offense.

If the JUCO could pick up the offense, I doubt he doesn't beat out the guys we have. It would allow Nebrich and Cochran to redshirt. JMac will to improve his footwork exponentially for us to improve as a team with him.

Reaction Score
Jerome Junior has been missing tackles for the last 3 years...why would anything change now?

Junior and Gratz have been a disappiontment they both give up big plays every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom