OT: - Never know who you'll run into... | The Boneyard

OT: Never know who you'll run into...

Reaction Score
In Bangor, ME for work and went to the restaurant attached to the hotel for dinner and to watch the Rams game. A woman sat a couple seats down from me at the bar and all of the staff referred to her as "Coach". I had to ask. Well, she is the assistant coach for the men's basketball team at UMaine Orono - Edniesha Curry. The name rang a bell but I couldn't place her. Turns out she play at Oregon and went on to the WNBA to play for LA then Phoenix (I'm sure most of you know this already but took me a bit to recall her).

Once she realized that I was a big wbb fan, she lit up and answered my 4500 questions. Biggest takeaways:

She played with DT and raved about what an amazing competitor and teammate Diana was.

She was an assistant coach for Maya's Chinese team and laughed when she reflected on how dominant Maya was in that league.

I asked about Phil Knight and Oregon (always been curious what players at Oregon thought) and she said, "Uncle Phil? Yeah, he's great".

What a nice surprise to find her in Bangor and to pick her brain for a half hour. Guess I have a new America East team to cheer for...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam
Top Bottom