Nevada AD mentions Uconn and possible aac vs mwc challenge | The Boneyard

Nevada AD mentions Uconn and possible aac vs mwc challenge

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If college basketball was soccer, it's slowly becoming more clear that we've been relegated

We got Nevada talking junk?!? I'm more sad than mad

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
After reading the article
This guy is a poor man's Aresco
Big mouth with a lot of desperation as their conferences sink into oblivion.
More interaction between these leagues is like two beggars fighting over the crumbs left from the P5 banquet.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
See, I read this a bit differently. Why address it at all if it is just Aresco's version of Diaco's ConFLiCT rivalry game debacle?

I think the MW talking down the idea and suggesting the two conferences play head to head in money sports sounds like a little brother asking to get into the older guys pick up game.

Reaction Score
Sure, I would love to play the upper echelon's of the MWC in football (, Wyoming, Boise State, etc) more regularly. These are good FB teams.

Reaction Score
Nevada will have a very good men's basketball team this year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
All this would do is confirm that UConn and Nevada are at the same level. I've never once imagined what it'd be like to play Nevada, won't start now, pass.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
1. Doug is a great guy
2. Nevada would have throttled UConn this year in basketball & football
3. Nevada had a chance to be a top 10-15 team next year before Cameron Oliver declared for the draft. They will still be really good.
4. Anything that gets UConn playing in my hometown (Reno, NV), I'm all for.
5. UConn hasn't played Nevada since the preseason NIT in 2003. It's time to do it again.

Reaction Score
Any "challenge" for football or basketball between conferences outside of P5 or Big East conferences make no sense for the AAC. None.

Unfortunately, basketball-wise, any challenge series for the AAC with any of those conferences is not happening in the near future; those conferences have nothing to gain in such a challenge. We are pretty much stuck in setting up individual non-conference games. If we can keep getting match-ups with the Villinovas, Georgetowns, Syracuses & other P5/BE schools and get in decent holiday tournaments, we don't really need a conference challenge series. Even a match up with Nevada this year would be a good match up. That being said, if the AAC could pull off an arrangement for a challenge series with a P5 or the BE, it would be a no brainer for the AAC

Reaction Score
Just what we need another game a million miles away against a team of no interest
Even the A10 makes more sense than this proposal.
Uconn won't even be in the AAC by the time this gets hammered out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom