Neutering the Wildcats ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Neutering the Wildcats ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Raff with the play-by. That's usually a good omen for the Huskies.
    Sluggish start. Neither team shooting well.
  2. 10 to 4 off Hawk's three.
  3. Ajax blocks Whitmore's first attempt. Cam thought he had him beat. But NAH.
  4. Karaban shooting well, and contributing on D as well.
  5. Jackson taunting again? Isn't that like 3 games out of four? Refs are looking for it now.
  6. Hawkins saved us in the first half. Shot through a bit of a tough stretch at the beginning then caught fire. Working those screens hard!
  7. Only 6 bench points between the two teams in the first half.
  8. I think Nova took a hint from Georgetown. Most of their FGs are coming on drives to the paint, and they only have 2 dimes in the first half. Then again, we only have 6. But 6 on 10 FG is a lot better than 2 on 11.
  9. 15:21 left in the game, Adama to Ajax for the slam. Nice! That's really the kind of play that gets me excited.
  10. Double digits. Finally, at 11:49 left, I got to exhale!
  11. And just like that, it's back to 7.
  12. Our two centers had 2 boards between them. W T everlovin F?
  13. JoeyC took two shots and to be honest, neither one looked like it had the slightest chance of going in.
  14. How the hell many timeouts does nova have? They out now. The guy in the form fitting, violet velour suit got kind of panicked there and burnt up three timeouts in like 6 minutes, and now he has none left with 8:13 left, trailing by eight. That could prove important.
  15. Outrebounded again! Only by three, but we're UConn, and we ain't supposed to get beat on the boards.
  16. Only had a dozen assists, but had a dozen steals, too.
  17. While Hawkins deserves the POG, Diarra and Jackson both came on late, and I'm not sure we win without their contributions in the last 8 minutes or so.
  18. Tougher game than I would have liked, and our win by double digits streak is history. But it's a W to start this string of four tough ones in a row, and that seems a whole lot more important than the double-digit streak.
  19. No way we could lose with Emeka in the building!

Reaction Score
"5. Jackson taunting again? Isn't that like 3 games out of four? Refs are looking for it now."

Didn't have to look too hard for this one.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We played like trash and still won.

Diarra is a life saver off the bench.

Karaban was a beast.

Hawkins had a bunch of points - quietly.

It was never REALLY in doubt.

I love that Ajax hit that 3 and told Neptune to zip it. Love it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Whoever the play by play guy is with Raff sounds a lot like Jay Bilas. Same voice and cadence.

8. Nova was similar to Gtown in that they took and made a bunch of mid range jump shots. Low percentage shots and when contested, it's a recipe for a UConn victory.

16. 12 assists on 21 baskets for UConn. 7 assists on 22 hoops for Nova. I guess that is what happens when the offensive game plan is to have one player back down his defender while four players stand around the 3 point line. YMCA ball.

Reaction Score
We played like trash and still won.

Diarra is a life saver off the bench.

Karaban was a beast.

Hawkins had a bunch of points - quietly.

It was never REALLY in doubt.

I love that Ajax hit that 3 and told Neptune to zip it. Love it.
Actually, Jackson is the one who would benefit more by zipping it. Who tanks that badly on their first 3 shots and wants to woof when they finally make one. Exuberance is good but you have to earn it more than that - although it was the dagger for sure

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Actually, Jackson is the one who would benefit more by zipping it. Who tanks that badly on their first 3 shots and wants to woof when they finally make one. Exuberance is good but you have to earn it more than that - although it was the dagger for sure
We need Ajax to play with confidence and be chippy. He just needs to learn to toe the line. And if Neptune was running his mouth, I give Andre the green light to woof there. Why not T them both up?

Reaction Score
We need Ajax to play with confidence and be chippy. He just needs to learn to toe the line. And if Neptune was running his mouth, I give Andre the green light to woof there. Why not T them both up?
I think the Neptune running his mouth thing came much earlier in the game when they appeared to accidentally (?) bump into each other as one or the other was crowding the sideline - I'd have to see it again

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don’t read into it too much. UConn has lost 5 straight to Nova. They have our number. They pulled out very stop, made many big shots, got a few calls and still lost by 8. The Huskies hopefully learned from this. Johnson will help tremendously against Slater and Dixon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On #9...

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I won’t be the first to say this, but we haven’t lost five straight to Nova. I was there when we beat them at the XL Center last year. I think?
Yes, it was the game where half the Yard thought Kimani Young was getting an HC gig asap.

Reaction Score
Don’t read into it too much. UConn has lost 5 straight to Nova. They have our number. They pulled out very stop, made many big shots, got a few calls and still lost by 8. The Huskies hopefully learned from this. Johnson will help tremendously against Slater and Dixon.

(XL last year)

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I’m sure Andre gets chirped by other teams for his shooting form, I love to see him give it back. He destroyed that dude’s ankles

1672291511859.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I won’t be the first to say this, but we haven’t lost five straight to Nova. I was there when we beat them at the XL Center last year. I think?
I’ll own the L. Saw it mentioned online and didn’t stop to question it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Andre has an edge that is defining this team , and I like it. Do I think he can be more judicious with woofing? Probably. But if it’s that or the opposite, let’s party. It’s worked so far. It’s ok to be the bad boys, it works from a competition level in many instances. Joe Namath and Ric Flair are my two favorite athletes of all time. Braggadocio can work. Hurley had a great comment last night in presser “ am I the one to tell him to stop?” I like the chip on shoulder. It may cost us a game sooner or later but that’s ok long term too. It gets into teams heads.

Reaction Score
Neptune unfortunately thinks he’s Jay Wright, but he hasn’t earned the right to yap at everyone he wants. Hurley learned this the hard way. DH actually had a couple of different times last night during timeouts where he was trying to get a T and they didn’t bite. At one point he ripped an official up and down and got right in his face for a good 30 seconds. The official eventually waved him off and told him to walk away. Hurley turned and walked away for a few seconds then turned back and started ripping into him again. This was after a play where the refs missed a very clear moving screen and Nova ended up hitting a wide open 3 to cut the lead to 5. Luke Murray came running out to half court and started ripping into the refs first then Hurley took over. Neptune isn’t on that level yet as a coach and might not ever be. I’m glad Jackson told him to shut up. Nova is lucky we brought our C game and the officials did everything they could to keep the game within 10…lots and lots of bad calls.

Reaction Score
Andre has an edge that is defining this team , and I like it. Do I think he can be more judicious with woofing? Probably. But if it’s that or the opposite, let’s party. It’s worked so far. It’s ok to be the bad boys, it works from a competition level in many instances. Joe Namath and Ric Flair are my two favorite athletes of all time. Braggadocio can work. Hurley had a great comment last night in presser “ am I the one to tell him to stop?” I like the chip on shoulder. It may cost us a game sooner or later but that’s ok long term too. It gets into teams heads.
Come on AW.. I hear you on Joe but Ric was a member of The Actor's Guild.. Not an athlete.. Was fake stuff.. LOL

Chip is good.. Opposing teams know who to focus their chirps on.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Come on AW.. I hear you on Joe but Ric was a member of The Actor's Guild.. Not an athlete.. LOL

Chip is good.. Opposing teams know who to focus their chirps on.
Its a "fake sport" but you cannot say he wasnt an Athlete. One of the best conditioned ones in any sport ever. And he was at top of profession because he drew money by talking and being an athlete. .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom