NET- UConn 48 | The Boneyard

NET- UConn 48

Reaction Score
48 is right on the bubble. Unlike most of this board, the ratings do not have us safely in the Tournament at all.

Creighton would have been a Quad 1 win. That game was not just a "nice to have", the difference between a 5 seed and a 7 seed. It may very well turn out that way, there's a long way to go and I expect our position to improve throughout the season, but we can't take that for granted.

Reaction Score
48 is right on the bubble. Unlike most of this board, the ratings do not have us safely in the Tournament at all.

Creighton would have been a Quad 1 win. That game was not just a "nice to have", the difference between a 5 seed and a 7 seed. It may very well turn out that way, there's a long way to go and I expect our position to improve throughout the season, but we can't take that for granted.
To be fair I think most if not all have us in the tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's not a problem if we win the rest of our games.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
A plain indication as to just how ______ed-up the last 10 months have been is the fact that we're discussing "bubble" after the 1st Net rating has come out and we've played, count 'em, 5 games, 2 in conference.

Mrs. ParkDog, a long time ago, had this habit of making me a new dish, watching as I put the first forkfull in my mouth, and then asking, just as my lips closed and the fork was withdrawn, with open, blinking eyes, "how is it?" I'd give her a mildly cross look, take 10 seconds to chew and swallow, and say, "can't you let me taste it first."

The only realistic chance that we don't make the tournament is if that tournament is cancelled, or we have injuries.

Hurley's rebuilding is right on schedule. Depending on seeding, I'm expecting to see the 2nd weekend.

Reaction Score
The only realistic chance that we don't make the tournament is if that tournament is cancelled, or we have injuries.

Hurley's rebuilding is right on schedule. Depending on seeding, I'm expecting to see the 2nd weekend.
Yeah, about that.

We have a whole conference schedule in front of us and 1 quality win so far. I expect us to go about 12-6 in BE play, and that would be good enough. But there's no guarantee.

Reaction Score
A plain indication as to just how ______ed-up the last 10 months have been is the fact that we're discussing "bubble" after the 1st Net rating has come out and we've played, count 'em, 5 games, 2 in conference.

Mrs. ParkDog, a long time ago, had this habit of making me a new dish, watching as I put the first forkfull in my mouth, and then asking, just as my lips closed and the fork was withdrawn, with open, blinking eyes, "how is it?" I'd give her a mildly cross look, take 10 seconds to chew and swallow, and say, "can't you let me taste it first."

Doomed!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
USC at 26.

Rest of the Big East:
5 Villanova
30 Creighton
44 Seton Hall
46 Xavier
63 Marquette
78 Providence
112 St. John's (NY)
149 Georgetown
155 DePaul
170 Butler
And Duke coming in at 115.
frustrated college basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score

It's too early to be dwelling on computer rankings. It only becomes meaningful after more games are played. Normally they're meaningful on January 4 but this isn't a normal year. Not to mention, they will be less meaningful this year than normal even as the season wears on because of the vast reduction in meaningful non-conference games.

Those who are optimistic are optimistic because of what they see with their eyes as to individual depth and talent if we can meld the pieces together better as the season wears on. At this point, that's far more meaningful than where a computer has us.

Talk to me about computer rankings after we play 6 more games.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Yeah, about that.

We have a whole conference schedule in front of us and 1 quality win so far. I expect us to go about 12-6 in BE play, and that would be good enough. But there's no guarantee.

FWIW, Joe Lunardi said on CT Scoreboard Pod if we go 11-9 in BE play we are a lock to make the tournament. Said if we go 9-11 with a few “good wins”, we’re probably a lock

Reaction Score

I don't think many believe we are a tourney lock. We've barely played so 48 with our limited resume ain't bad. Season kicks into high gear starting tomorrow so here come the opportunities to build the profile and earn a spot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many auto-bids are there these days?

Reaction Score
FWIW, Joe Lunardi said on CT Scoreboard Pod if we go 11-9 in BE play we are a lock to make the tournament. Said if we go 9-11 with a few “good wins”, we’re probably a lock
I find that hard to believe. Yes, this is not a normal year, but 9-11 in BE play (will we even play all 20?) would get us to a 12-11 record overall, maybe 13-12 or so after the BET.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I find that hard to believe. Yes, this is not a normal year, but 9-11 in BE play (will we even play all 20?) would get us to a 12-11 record overall, maybe 13-12 or so after the BET.

that’s fine, I’m just pointing out what was said by the “bracketologist” who has dedicated his life to studying this thing. I’m going to value his opinion over whatever conjecture gets thrown around in this thread.

Reaction Score

On top of blowing the Creighton game it's too bad that the NC St. (#38) game got cancelled. Was another chance for a good win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How many more pauses can we afford to still hit the 13 games required to make the tournament? I've lost track at this point.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Big east teams seem low

Reaction Score
Question. Could we see a few games against decent teams before we start projecting this stuff? Makes no sense right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom