Nervous Purvis | The Boneyard

Nervous Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nervous Purvis, gotta admit it has a ring. L'ville had a player called Never Nervous Purvis and he won a ring. Anyhow, after reading all the articles about the Southern game, it has the makings of a nickname.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The sky isn't falling Chicken Little.

People were saying negative stuff about Shabazz in the summer league, but look who's playing the entire 4th quarter before his 5th game as a pro.

Reaction Score
The sky isn't falling Chicken Little.

People were saying negative stuff about Shabazz in the summer league, but look who's playing the entire 4th quarter before his 5th game as a pro.
It's a nickname. That's what guys do. If a guy has his right hand cut of, his friends call him lefty. If a guy has a big nose, his friends call him nose or honker or the snozz.

It's not an insult, it's a nickname. You guys are sooo sensitive, what are are --GIRLS!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Drama Queen Palatine, gotta admit it has a ring. The ancient Romans had palatines that helped found Rome and establish western civilization. Anyhow, after reading this board for some 15 years, during which you have never had an unexpressed negative thought about any UConn team, coach or player, it has the makings of a nickname.

Reaction Score
It's a nickname. That's what guys do. If a guy has his right hand cut of, his friends call him lefty. If a guy has a big nose, his friends call him nose or honker or the snozz."

I think that's the problem, you're not his friend. Not to pile on, but this was an odd post after one exhibition game.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This kid is going to be rolling soon. I will call him Rapping Rodney. Don't mean a thing. Or Hot Rod.

I really like Drama Queen Palatine.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's a nickname. That's what guys do. If a guy has his right hand cut of, his friends call him lefty. If a guy has a big nose, his friends call him nose or honker or the snozz.

It's not an insult, it's a nickname. You guys are sooo sensitive, what are are --GIRLS!

It is a nickname. It also happens to be somebody ELSE'S nickname.

We aren't going to call SCJ "Sam I Am" either.

Reaction Score
S
It is a nickname. It also happens to be somebody ELSE'S nickname.

We aren't going to call SCJ "Sam I Am" either.
You don't get to pick your own nickname. BTW, Sam I Am is pretty good.

Joe D called Terry Caulley Mighty Mouse.
Sticks was embraced by everyone, but I'm sure that Stanley didn't make it up himself.

I think we should nickname the entire team.

MrP

Reaction Score
"Sam II Am" I'm banging away at that nickname until it sticks.

Eh, we tried to make "Neo" happen for Rashad (Mr. Anderson, the one, etc.), but that never took hold either. If it makes the unwashed masses pause for more than a second to think about it , it's probably doomed (but that would be a good thing, no?)

Reaction Score
Eh, we tried to make "Neo" happen for Rashad (Mr. Anderson, the one, etc.), but that never took hold either. If it makes the unwashed masses pause for more than a second to think about it , it's probably doomed (but that would be a good thing, no?)

Rashad was far too colorful for a Matrix-reference, and the fake-knife incident locked in the much more appropriate "Slash."

Reaction Score
"Sam II Am" I'm banging away at that nickname until it sticks.
This should easily be his nickname. It's awesome.
Neo is 10 levels beyond terrible, so thank god it didn't stick.

Reaction Score

Rashad's nickname was Microwave.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Back to the topic at hand, Nervous Purvis sounds like the exact opposite of the kind of guy Purv is. He's a bull.

I'd nick him 'Ferrari' if the name didn't suck so bad. That said, when he does something big this year, you better believe I'm dropping the "Ferrari out the garage! Ferrari out the garage!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom