Nervous about Playmakers on offense. | The Boneyard

Nervous about Playmakers on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I look at the offense and I see either a True Frosh at QB or a walk on.

At RB I see a very small and slight redshirt frosh, a 5th year sr. who had trouble hanging on to the ball, and another 5th yr senior with no prior reps.

At WR we have one guy over 6ft reportedly. Though at least there I have confidence in K. Moore, N. Williams and the TE's

The only thing I feel REALLY good on offense is the Oline. I think if Deleone can put together an offense that resembled the one he ran at Temple, with our Defense we could, be serious contenders to return to the BCS.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have a weak OOC schedule, this should help iron out the kinks before conference play. I think once the adjustments are made, hopefully the offense will gel and the team will progress. I think the big thing is that most of the previous staff stayed in place so the coaches should be familiar with the players. I'm looking forward to the season, I think Pitt will have more growing pains than we will, WVU and USF should be solid. The Syracuse game is going to be a game to see, coach P hosts his former team, I will be at that game.

Personally I think we are better than everyone else, we shall see.

Reaction Score
If we can dominate play on the O and D line, which is a real possibility, we're going to surprise people on and off the field.

Reaction Score
It is funny because people rank us 7th and 6th, but then put 4 of our guys in the top 20 players.....I think the experienced guys are going to lift the younger ones and we're going to have a great year

Reaction Score
I look at the offense and I see either a True Frosh at QB or a walk on.

At RB I see a very small and slight redshirt frosh, a 5th year sr. who had trouble hanging on to the ball, and another 5th yr senior with no prior reps.

At WR we have one guy over 6ft reportedly. Though at least there I have confidence in K. Moore, N. Williams and the TE's

The only thing I feel REALLY good on offense is the Oline. I think if Deleone can put together an offense that resembled the one he ran at Temple, with our Defense we could, be serious contenders to return to the BCS.

I have the same concerns wrt the offense...young/inexperienced QB, young/inexperienced RB...just don't see us being an explosive offense against anyone...we'll get better, but D is going to have to carry us early against Vandy and Iowa St especially...

Reaction Score
I don't know. It's not like we've been an offensive juggernaut the last few years and we've done OK. My only hope is that whatever we do, we develop a plan and stick to it. I don't like the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" mentality.

Reaction Score
I don't know. It's not like we've been an offensive juggernaut the last few years and we've done OK. My only hope is that whatever we do, we develop a plan and stick to it. I don't like the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" mentality.

The only difference is the last few years we had a rb that we new we could count on...granted JT was better than expected, but I'm not sure Shoemate is gonna have a JT kinda year...someone will have to step up to give us a running game that will allow us to grind it out on offense...

Reaction Score
Ever since Orlovsky left, we've had a grind it out offense. I really don't see that changing much this year. I think that with the strength of our defense, if we can put up 17 points per game, between offense, defense and special teams, that we'll be ok. Games are won in the trenches and our defensive and offensive lines are both strong units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom