nelson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
but I did take acception!

Intentional or not, that's a great misuse of that word for this situation. Works well on many levels. Well done.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Hey Scoot, I kinda notice you don't have an avi either.

Maybe we can help you out as well?...

Reaction Score
I am not that clever but not stupid either "exception" , I dont want to be the naked fat guy either!! I apologize for my rough start to the site. Calling me a BC fan pushed me over the edge!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am not that clever but not stupid either "exception" , I dont want to be the naked fat guy either!! I apologize for my rough start to the site. Calling me a BC fan pushed me over the edge!

To be fair, the "this is Nelson" with the naked fat guy was a bit over the line IMHO. No connection whatsoever to what he has posted and entirely too personal.

The avatar suggestions on the other hand were terrific and were related to past posts. He's fair game for that and it was all in fun.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I feel like Scoot has passed his ritualistic hazing at this point. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be fair, the "this is Nelson" with the naked fat guy was a bit over the line IMHO. No connection whatsoever to what he has posted and entirely too personal.

And yet it was traditional. Anyone keep a picture of Oklahoma Eric?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like Scoot has passed his ritualistic hazing at this point. :)
um, no. After three pages of avatar suggestions...perhaps.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am a big UCONN fan and I usaually agree with most and like alot of you live on these boards,so the poster maybe right I need a life,but I did take acception! I hope Uconn lands on its feet and I dont have a problem with a little begging if needed!

I can see how that statement and the statement "get a life" pushed you over the edge. We all have our hot buttons and thresholds of tolerance. People hit your button and pushed you over your threshold.

And that is what this thread is about. Nelson has some good ideas, but his approach to a lot of posters has been confrontational and demeaning. So people finally reached a threshold and starting making fun of him. Is it right to pile on. Certainly not. The qualifier for me is that they are doing it in good natured fun. The levity in this thread tells me people are not trying to marginalize nelson. They are just letting off steam, which is much more preferable than building up resentment.

And hopefully nelson is not vulnerable to this type of behavior. None of us likes to be ridiculed. And being ridiculed in public by lots of people is very hurtful and can be harmful to a fragile ego. That is the danger in a thread such as this. We really don't know the psyche of the person we are laughing at.

The value for you in all this is that you took a chance to post. You may feel it is important to get a desired result. I think it was more important you took a chance on presenting your opinion. I hope you do it more often, and learn to not let other peoples reactions to your statements upset you.

People can say and do things intentionally or unintentionally to hurt us all through our lives. We can't stop them unless they are willing to change or agree with our point of view. So the effort to change other people is fruitless. The only person we can affect is ourselves. So the change you most desire has to come within you.

If you hate getting put down, then the best weapon for that is not to be affected by being put down. That isn't easy for someone who is sensitive, but it certainly is attainable. Use one of these forums as a means to develop the ability to not let people get under your skin, or hurt you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom