Negativity and the best fans in the country | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Negativity and the best fans in the country

Reaction Score
To your point on emotional exhaustion, fleaflicker, remember they did have two extra days to recover. The emotional exhaustion thing, however is real. It's what got HCPP fired when they lost the week following Michigan.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Like all, so disappointed in the performance and result from Saturday. That said, I'll note that being on the chat does not make the coping any better and, to me, makes it multiple times worse.

When the team isn't doing well, chat is unreadable if you're trying to maintain any sort of optimism which is hard enough on its own given the product. Everyone on chat knows more than all the coaches and has obvious, simple solutions and everyone else is an idiot or useless and needs to be fired or benched. As soon as the game starts turning south, I just look away from chat which is a shame as I can't usually see the games live and can only listen on streaming radio. Getting good observations from chat (i.e. when was Roberson warming up?) can be really helpful but it all gets drowned out by the fire everybody barrage.

It is what it is and it ain't going to change so I'll just go my own way.

Reaction Score
In the big picture, we haven’t been doing this very long. We were very late to the party.

We’re not seen as serious because we chose to be independent for the basketball team. This is our cross to bear.

I will reiterate, that we are still new to this. And we are an afterthought to an afterthought.

But historically speaking KU and Duke are bad at this. Kentucky has also been a doormat in the SEC.

Those three schools have the benefit of a P5 recruiting tailwind. Which we will likely never have.

We used to have that in the Big East. And it should come as no surprise that was the last time this team looked competent.
Football is so hard to be great at. In college hoops an elite guar, one player, can get a team a Natty. In football you need to be 3 deep just about everywhere.

Reaction Score
Football is so hard to be great at. In college hoops an elite guar, one player, can get a team a Natty. In football you need to be 3 deep just about everywhere.
It’s certainly harder in football, but it isn’t easy in basketball either. We just make it look easy.

Reaction Score
Harder in BB. A LOT more teams in play. FB natties are passed around by perhaps a dozen teams who have so much influence that they never have enforcement actions against them.

Reaction Score
They literally don’t follow their assigned roles and they aren’t on the page every play. This is what Jim Mora said.

Therefore you can spy all you want but it won’t do any good. Because even if the QB is covered he will just move the ball to attack the broken converage.
So no matter what we’ll lose? What kind of fan are you?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As a UConn graduate and being 84 years old, the game last night was most disappointing. Leaves one questioning how all the reports coming out this spring and summer as to how good the team was going to be, makes me wonder how they could be beat so badly. It just doesn't make sense that RI nearly beat this team and we were out of it so early. I believe coach Mora is deeply committed to making the Huskies a competitive team, and must be bitterly disappointed in how they played. Being critical of a coach the day after a loss is what we do, especially when it is a game we were expected, and needed to win. I will, and hope others will join me, in giving UConn football another couple of games to turn things in a better direction. If we all jump ship, albeit with good reason, I believe it takes a brick out of the wall of a great athletic institution. I ask you to join me in giving Coach JM time to stop the bleeding and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. The old saying, it's not how many times you get knocked down, but rather how many times you get up, applies here for sure. Thanks for all who have posted, both critical and supportive, but again, I ask you to join and "old man" and let's go huskies. Thanks for reading.
With age comes perspective and hopefully wisdom. You have me by only 5 years and I was at UConn when students were busy hanging HC Ingalls for being bad in the YanCon.

Reaction Score
I think that with all the excitement about the Football program - much of it due to effective marketing and promotion - expectations to see quality football were also raised w/ fanbase,

The good new is it put 36K in the seats vs NC State.
The bad news is that when you “lay an egg” against a team of the caliber of GS, it’s going to get fans going.

I think a couple of wins puts all this behind us. However, I don’t think anyone should be surprised about some venting in the first few days after what happened Saturday night.

Many of us (myself included) are now over it and looking forward to this week’s game.

Reaction Score
I think that with all the excitement about the Football program - much of it due to effective marketing and promotion - expectations to see quality football were also raised w/ fanbase,

The good new is it put 36K in the seats vs NC State.
The bad news is that when you “lay an egg” against a team of the caliber of GS, it’s going to get fans going.

I think a couple of wins puts all this behind us. However, I don’t think anyone should be surprised about some venting in the first few days after what happened Saturday night.

Many of us (myself included) are now over it and looking forward to this week’s game.
As it should be....Big crowd for the next game would send a message "yes we support UConn football, but we expect better play, and more importantly, better play calling on offense, that will give the team a chance to compete. I imagine the athletes/coaches are expecting a small crowd. Perhaps, just perhaps, 18 or 20k would give the team/program the incentive to play up to what we have been told is their capability. Empty seats do send a message, but moving the program forward requires support from the fan base. If you have a ticket or tickets, make the game, take a friend, or perhaps give the ticket to a friend who might go. UGo sounds like he is going. Hope to see you there. Go Huskies, and thanks for all the posts that express the desire for UConn football be competitive. You guys are great

Reaction Score
This just in. Mora announces that Fagnano is out for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.

Reaction Score
you wonder if Charlton watches what some of the high-octane teams do on offense.
and maybe learn a little.
we feel so Pop Warner.

Reaction Score
you wonder if Charlton watches what some of the high-octane teams do on offense.
and maybe learn a little.
we feel so Pop Warner.
He has said multiple times that his offense is similar to the Rams offense. I don't exactly know how, that is what he has said multiple times.

Reaction Score
Harder in BB. A LOT more teams in play. FB natties are passed around by perhaps a dozen teams who have so much influence that they never have enforcement actions against them.
Try breaking into the top 10 or 12 in either sport. Hoops can go from the outhouse to the pinnacle in a couple of years. UCONN is a great example of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom