Needs more love | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Needs more love

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am sure. Been watching KLS for 4-5 years now.
You may need to get your glasses checked then.

4387836665_bc5d8bd97c_b.jpg

Reaction Score
Hmm. You're definitely waaaay under-valuing Ann here. She was literally the consensus #1 kid out of high school.[/QUOTe I dont think so.IMO if she didnt get hurt Nicole Wolf would have been the best player in that class by the time she graduated.Saw her play alot before Uconn and Conlon would have never started if she stayed healthy.Diana made them better players and as a formerplayer and coach.I stand by what I said earlier.Because you are NO.1 coming out of high school does not mean you will carry that through the next level.Watching all the games her last 2 years.you could see the confidence her teammates had because of her.That is one of the reasons Geno always said(We have Diana and they dont).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ann, Barb Turner, Ashley Battle, Jessica Moore, Willnett Crockett all get much less credit than they should for 2003 and 2004 - DT and to a lesser degree Maria Conlon are seen as the hero and leaders of those teams, and certainly DT was incomparable, but without Willnett's occasionally brilliant play, Battle's defense, Moore's badass play on a torn ACL, and Barb and Ann doing some of everything, DT's legend would never have happened.

That the recruiting class of 2003 did not exist, and the 2004 class was flawed, doomed them to not getting further in the NCAAs after DT, Maria, and Morgan graduated. And the Uconn faithful has held that against them ever since.

Reaction Score
I am fairly new to the form. Am I wrong in saying I think Ann Strother should get more love in the Boneyard?Her numbers — 1,699 points, 614 rebounds, 418 assists, 119 steals, and 120 blocked shots — are worthy. Her performances in the postseason — twice a member of the NCAA all-Final Four teams, the Most Outstanding Player of the 2006 Big East tournament, in a select group of UConn players to be named to a postseason all-tournament team each of her four years — are worthy.
Not to take away but to add to your post she also made the Deans List all four years also! :) I think some get longer lasting love here as their careers in basketball continue beyond their time at UCONN. Due to foot problems Ann did not get a chance for much glory or longevity at the pro level. :( Forever one of the all time great Huskies though!

Reaction Score
Ann was always one of my favorites. I have made several posts about her. She provided the inspiration for one of my friends to make this hat for me. I wear it whenever I attend a home game.

Attachments

• Ann.jpg
    Ann.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 41
Reaction Score
I am fairly new to the form. Am I wrong in saying I think Ann Strother should get more love in the Boneyard?Her numbers — 1,699 points, 614 rebounds, 418 assists, 119 steals, and 120 blocked shots — are worthy. Her performances in the postseason — twice a member of the NCAA all-Final Four teams, the Most Outstanding Player of the 2006 Big East tournament, in a select group of UConn players to be named to a postseason all-tournament team each of her four years — are worthy.

I don't know what you expect? She was a very good player. Was she an all-American? She was a very good player. If you want to give her love - great. Anyone in their right mind knows she was very good. Years ago there were some lunatics that didn't think she was good- silly. With that said - she wasn't "all-American" great. Anyone wants to give love to the very good but not great players- great go for it! I just don't know why you expect "more love." There have been many very good players here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom