NeedOrange from VolNation lectures about fading Geno | The Boneyard

NeedOrange from VolNation lectures about fading Geno

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
NeedOrange and brassie defending Geno. Are NeedOrange and brassie closet UCONN fans? :D;) Closet BoneYarders????? :cool:
brassie said:

You, need to pay closer attention before posting such nonsense. Maybe you should listen to what his players say about him before babbling about him being out of touch. I'm assuming that you are new to WCBB so I'll cut a little slack.

How about some facts about Auriemma -
Next year he has the number one recruit (touted as the next Taurasi) and the #2 recruiting class with 5 top players coming in. For 2021 he has already gotten a verbal from the #1 ranked big in the class along with a 5 star guard. 2022s Azzi Fudd may well be next since she and Bueckers are buds. That sure doesn't look like twilight slippage to me.

Your earlier comment about "that #1 post" not doing well is also off the mark. I'm assuming that you are talking about ONO. As most women's basketball fans recognize, it takes a while to develop post players. ONO is a case in point. She was ranked #5 BTW and as a sophomore she has made progress, averaging 10.9/8.5 with 100+ blocks this season. Next year she will be even better. If you are talking about Walker who was ranked #1 she was 19.7/8.4 this year.

Auriemma has said repeatedly over the last 5-6 years that he has had to change his coaching methods to adapt to the current player/parent climate - and he has. If you watched UConn games you would hear the announcers mention that in nearly every game broadcast. Those changes include his gym and courtside demeanor. Pay attention now - here comes the important part - At the twilight of his career Auriemma is 223 and 6 over the last 6 years. During that time he has won 3 NCs and reached all 6 final fours. Two of the final four losses were on buzzer beaters. He recently said that he expects to coach for another 5 years.
NeedOrange said:
Azzi Fudd is 2021 and the 2022 commit is 6'3" post 'Ice' Brady ranked #3 overall. Two of his 2020 recruits are under ranked because of not playing in the US. Aaliyah Edwards is a 6'3" forward who was voted MVP and DPOY for the Ontario Scholastic Basketball Assoc. and has played on the Canadian National Women's Team since she was 17. Also Croatian point guard Nika Muhl who is hardly mentioned in recruiting services and appears to be a Paige clone in highlight videos. Throw in #3 ranked forward and Maryland Gatorade Player of the year Mir McLean. Lastly 6'5" post Piath Gabirel who has offers from Tennessee, L'ville, UNC, Miami, etc.

Yup, It's pretty clear poor old Geno has lost his recruiting touch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When did Geno say he wanted to coach 5 more years..I didn't see that. So he is retiring in 5 years...?

Reaction Score
I doubt closet UCONN fans. I just think that in anything when you hear rhetoric that you know cannot be true over and over and over, you just get worn out and find yourself defending people that you didn't think you would. You just want to show facts and say, "Stop! Be realistic." I follow the lady vol site (mostly to enjoy their pain) but I hear things that make me say to myself, "Even you can't believe what you are writing," but then realize that delusion fueled by hate makes almost anything believable to the individual. I guarantee you the hate for Geno is real in some circles. (I know this happens politically all the time.) Hopefully, they will hate him even more over the next four years!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When did Geno say he wanted to coach 5 more years..I didn't see that. So he is retiring in 5 years...?

There was a piece about the Huskies in the NY Times in which they said he could see himself coaching five more years.

Reaction Score
Not closeted at all. NeedOrange is a UConn fan and has stated it clearly on Volnation. Screen name is reference to his/her need for the Vols to be relevant again so the rivalry can live on.
Brassie is also a known UConn fan.
Misery loves company. Lady Vol fans pray for UConn and a couple of other top teams join them where they are now, irrelevancy.

Reaction Score
I do think this group of girls 20,21,22 will be his last. Paige - plus the best players he can wrap around her time here. Paige is special.

Reaction Score
If I want to know anything about Geno I'll watch the Geno show or read it in an actual interview he gives to the media. Belichick didn't win the Super Bowl last year. I guess he's done as a coach. LeBron didn't win last year's champtionship. Hope he make the roster next year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Okay...If its in The York Times it must be true....:rolleyes:

Well, they spoke to him directly for an article back in March:

“I can’t speak for after I leave, but as long as I’m coaching here, we won’t be hard to find,” Auriemma said. “We won’t be drifting away. You’ll know exactly where we are. And that’s not going to change one iota.”

Auriemma turns 66 this month. And he said he could see himself coaching another five years.

Reaction Score
Well, they spoke to him directly for an article back in March:

“I can’t speak for after I leave, but as long as I’m coaching here, we won’t be hard to find,” Auriemma said. “We won’t be drifting away. You’ll know exactly where we are. And that’s not going to change one iota.”

Auriemma turns 66 this month. And he said he could see himself coaching another five years.

So no actual quote by him.......that's the NY Times..lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom