Need To Start Rooting For Top 25 Teams to Win | The Boneyard

Need To Start Rooting For Top 25 Teams to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing about this season that is scaring me is how many mediocre teams there are and how many "upsets" we're seeing every week. It seems like almost every week 1/3 of the top 25 teams lose to an unranked team. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned 10 billion times on the boneyard, we don't have a lot of opportunities to beat ranked opponents in our dumpster fire of a conference. This has me thinking, it seems we need to start rooting for teams to win games they should be winning, otherwise selection Sunday may not be so kind to us. We certainly need to win the majority of our remaining games, but some of these "top" teams need to start beating the 30-60 type teams more consistently or we'll have about 30 "bubble teams" and we may be clumped in that group. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
On the flip side, we could move back in with a win over Georgetown this weekend. Lots of wins will assure a tournament birth no matter how man other decent teams are out there.

caw

Reaction Score
One thing about this season that is scaring me is how many mediocre teams there are and how many "upsets" we're seeing every week. It seems like almost every week 1/3 of the top 25 teams lose to an unranked team. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned 10 billion times on the boneyard, we don't have a lot of opportunities to beat ranked opponents in our dumpster fire of a conference. This has me thinking, it seems we need to start rooting for teams to win games they should be winning, otherwise selection Sunday may not be so kind to us. We certainly need to win the majority of our remaining games, but some of these "top" teams need to start beating the 30-60 type teams more consistently or we'll have about 30 "bubble teams" and we may be clumped in that group. Thoughts?

Remember the conversation about expanding the tournament. This season will probably start that up again. Not something I am for, but...

Reaction Score
With SMU banned from the post season...doesn't UConn have the main chance to bear the AAC banner?

And not have to worry about a "bubble team"?

Reaction Score
Texas upsetting WVU really is a very good thing for us. We beat them in their place and they have a few real nice wins.

Both the Michigan and Texas wins are looking pretty good now, especially with one occurring on a neutral court and the other on the road

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With SMU banned from the post season...doesn't UConn have the main chance to bear the AAC banner?

Yes. And two more games to play against what is the last unbeaten team...so if we win, that will help our profile. I think the opposite of the OP...these upsets help. UConn played a very strong OOC schedule and while it has lost some games, those losses no longer look as bad as they would if there were a ton of one and two loss teams out there.

Tulsa and Temple were bad losses because we should have won, but those teams are looking better right now. Syracuse just beat Duke. Those things help. Gonzaga...look at their losses. They are better than people think.

Reaction Score
Just win games. All the rest will take care of itself.
Yup - still plenty of games left to play for us to get a top 25 RPI.

For instance, if we take care of the rest of our home games (Georgetown, Cinci, ECU, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, UCF), win the games we should on the road (UCF, Temple, USF) and only lose to Memphis, Cinci and SMU on the road our final record would be 23-8 and we'd finish with a top 25-30RPI. Very plausible scenario.

Reaction Score
Texas upsetting WVU really is a very good thing for us. We beat them in their place and they have a few real nice wins.
Texas Rpi up to 15.....we can ride that win a long way along with Michigan win.

Formula for a solid Tourney birth is beat G'Town, no more bad loses, split with SMU & Cincy, win the re-match games Temple(road) & Tulsa(home), make the AAC Final....that would give us 8 loses & 6-7 seed I think, miss 2 of those goals approaching bubble, 11 loses in peril.

Reaction Score
Stop losing to the Temple and Tulanes of the world and the rest will take care of itself.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This speculating about what happens if this team or this group of teams do this that or the other, how will it help/hurt UConn is getting brain numbing.
UConn just needs to win games - simple
They control their destiny, for the most part, based on their record
Win baby Win

Reaction Score

Let's play and beat Cinci before even thinking about that

Reaction Score
Stop losing to the Temple and Tulanes of the world and the rest will take care of itself.
I thought we were 2-0 versus Tulane? How drunk was I too think we won those games when we actually lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom