• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

Need new documentaries

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
I am wrapping up Ken Burns' The War on Netflix. This is Ken Burns' take on World War II. Like everything Burns does, it is really well done, but I also realize that there is not much new to say about World War II. I am kind of bored by Episode 6.

What are some good documentaries that I should watch?

King of Kong
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Ken Burns docs on Baseball & the one on the Civil War were his best IMO.

Last edited:

Curiouser
I hope to see the Fred Rogers documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor" pretty soon.
Saw this in the theater with the whole family and we all loved it. Excellent documentary of a true American hero. Also thought Three Identical Strangers was excellent.

As for documentary series, a good friend just recommended "Wild Wild Country" and we are about to start watching that ourselves. Looks fascinating.

Horatio

Protector of the Pleasure Principle
I Put a Spell on Me - Screaming Jay Hawkins. He lived a pretty wild life. Almost
Unbelievable.

Just saw Pick of the Litter. A doc that shows the journey a litter of potential Guide Dogs makes from birth to placement. How many will make the cut? Nothing wrong with something uplifting and sweet once in awhile.

tzznandrew

Most Posts in Greatest Boneyard Thread of All-Time
King of Kong
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Ken Burns docs on Baseball & the one on the Civil War were his best IMO.
King of Kong jerk Billy Mitchell was busted for cheating. Sad the documentarians didn't catch him, but I liked the movie otherwise.